Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #21

SUN #517
luvrque
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbarker View Post
Our little Que was hauled away this past Tuesday. So, now we're off camper shopping, not my favorite thing to do. Anyways, we looked at a 2004 Sunline T2075 in fantastic shape. My question is what tow vehicle is needed to haul this camper? We have a Chevy Trailblazer with a V6. The GVWR is 5600lbs so we're concerned about the Trailblazer not being up to the challenge. We'd love to find a 1950 but they seem rare. Help!
I agree with what Tweety said ..." we towed our QUE with a Chevy trailblazer and felt it was maxed out with that. IMO even a 1950 is too much for that vehicle"
If you want to keep your V6 Trailblazer why don't you look for another QUE ?
I could not be happier then I am with my QUE, no water or any other problems !

2007 Que RE
2011 Tahoe LTZ.
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...orums/Qsig.jpg
luvrque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #22

SUN #5355
Pam L. is an unknown quantity at this point
Similar Problem

We just discovered the same water issues in our Que. We were starting a small remodel to the front of the unit. When we started, we discovered the floor was wet under the flooring. The luan under the flooring was sopping wet all the way back to the bathroom. My husband who is a builder had conceived a pretty elaborate remodel involving sandwiching that silly foam luan system between pressure treated ply and rolled rubber roofing on the underside and 1/2 inch ply covering the entire inside. We've pretty much pulled out everything inside and have had fans running 24/7 for two weeks to try to dry everything out. However, there is black mold on some of the floor. We think the layer of foam is still wet because moisture seems to be whicking up through the fan dried luan. After reading your post, we're calling our insurance agent before we go any further. What a mess. I use this little camper for my work. I do craft shows and stay in the camper instead of hotels. I love it and hate to be without it!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #23

SUN #1058
marbarker
YourQue

Hi Pam L,
So sorry to hear about your Que problems. Sounds identical to our situation! At first we wanted to repair the unit so we talked to a repair shop in Topsham, ME and he explained to us that in order to remove ALL the moisture, the shell of the Que would have to come off and a new floor rebuilt onto the frame and then set the shell back down on top of the new floor. Lots of labor and $! He said that it would be next to impossible to get to the moisture that is sitting below the interior walls. Bottom line was that the appraiser from the ins. company agreed and we were sent a check for the NADA value of the Que, about 9,500 less our $250 deductable. We found a used '09 Gulfstream Kingsport 18'. It's a dual axle and a little heavier but it pulls like a dream and it feels more stable, probably because of the dual axles. It does not have the quality components that the Que had and I really miss the Que's window shade system and ample countertops. But all in all we are satisfied and have enjoyed 3 trips out with it. In retrospect, I believe that Sunline literally threw the Ques together and knowing that they were going out of business, didn't really care about quality. Thank goodness they only made 1200 of them! Keep posting with your progress and/or decision making. I'm glad we did what we did because I think no matter what we had tried to fix the Que, we'd always feel like it was not fixed correctly. Good luck!
Marian & Bill Barker
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #24

SUN #5355
Water issues

Hi, Thanks for the reply. How odd we are both in Maine! I called our agent yesterday. He wasn't too encouraging about our prospects. We're waiting for the adjuster to call us and start the ball rolling. My biggest problem is that I have craft shows all summer that I need the camper to sleep in! We're now stalled waiting for a decision. But we really have no other choice. Whatever happens we'll probably fix it to the best of our ability and keep it. My husband is a builder and had some ideas about sealing the bottom. I'll keep you posted. I love our little Que too. We modified the pull out bed system and changed the table so it is really easy and efficient to use. It's great for me to take by myself to shows. I have a Ford F150 that hauls it like a dream! We knew going in that Sunline had gone out of business and there would be issues we would have to deal with. We found several. But nothing we couldn't handle ourselves. This is a biggy! I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #25

SUN #517
luvrque
Insurance type ?

Quote:
Hi Pam L,
So sorry to hear about your Que problems. Sounds identical to our situation! At first we wanted to repair the unit so we talked to a repair shop in Topsham, ME and he explained to us that in order to remove ALL the moisture, the shell of the Que would have to come off and a new floor rebuilt onto the frame and then set the shell back down on top of the new floor. Lots of labor and $! He said that it would be next to impossible to get to the moisture that is sitting below the interior walls. Bottom line was that the appraiser from the ins. company agreed and we were sent a check for the NADA value of the Que, about 9,500 less our $250 deductable. We found a used '09 Gulfstream Kingsport 18'. It's a dual axle and a little heavier but it pulls like a dream and it feels more stable, probably because of the dual axles. It does not have the quality components that the Que had and I really miss the Que's window shade system and ample countertops. But all in all we are satisfied and have enjoyed 3 trips out with it. In retrospect, I believe that Sunline literally threw the Ques together and knowing that they were going out of business, didn't really care about quality. Thank goodness they only made 1200 of them! Keep posting with your progress and/or decision making. I'm glad we did what we did because I think no matter what we had tried to fix the Que, we'd always feel like it was not fixed correctly. Good luck!
Marian & Bill Barker
Hi Marian & Bill ,
I have RV insurance on my Que (includes Collision, Comprehensive etc.) but I would never think it would be covered for that type of water damage.
Can you explain why yours was covered and under what part of your policy ?
Thank you,

2007 Que RE
2011 Tahoe LTZ.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #26

SUN #1058
marbarker
Hi Joe & Donna,
It was just a trailer rider on my auto policy @ a small yearly premium of around $50. I have been told by many that we were lucky that they agreeed to compensate us for this type of damage. They really did not give us any hassles or argument about the claim and did not up my premium because of the claim. I have the same type of insurance on my new Kingsport. One thing for sure is that we are going to be much more vigilant about inspecting and addressing any potential leaks on this camper. It will be interesting to see how the other Mainer with the same problem makes out with her ins. company. Hope this helps.

Marbarker
Old 07-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #27

SUN #517
luvrque
Quote:
Hi Joe & Donna,
It was just a trailer rider on my auto policy @ a small yearly premium of around $50. I have been told by many that we were lucky that they agreeed to compensate us for this type of damage. They really did not give us any hassles or argument about the claim and did not up my premium because of the claim. I have the same type of insurance on my new Kingsport. One thing for sure is that we are going to be much more vigilant about inspecting and addressing any potential leaks on this camper. It will be interesting to see how the other Mainer with the same problem makes out with her ins. company. Hope this helps.

Marbarker
Hi Marian & Bill ,
I also think you were very lucky that they covered that type of damage.
I have our Que covered on my auto policy for a added fee of $152. per year.
I don't know how that type of water damage would be covered (under what part of the policy ?), makes no sense to me.
But I am happy for you that they did cover it.

2007 Que RE
2011 Tahoe LTZ.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #28

SUN #5355
Hi Everyone, well what a summer. Our little Que ended up being in pretty rough shape. Fortunately the water damage was in the front half of the unit. The floors from the door back were dry which is where all the tanks are. So that area didn't need to be replaced. The damage was so bad that the bolts were pulling out of the frame. The front half of the camper wasn't really attached to the frame anymore because of all the rot. It looks like water had been spraying in under the front of the unit where the gas tanks were tuck up under and the front wasn't sealed at all. There was just insulation shoved under. Fortunately my husband is a long time builder here in Maine. He knows how to deal with water issue. He redesigned and reconstruction the entire front. Replacing all the bolts and screws with aluminum; sealing with a spray sealer; replacing all the floor with preasure treated ply and then covering it all with rubber roofing which is a thick rubber material that is wonderful!!! Our insurance didn't cover the damage because we couldn't point to a specific incident that caused the damage. I suppose I could have tried to make up a flood or something but that's not my style. They were very nice and apologetic. As I use the camper exclusively as a business expense, we can write off the labor and materials. So that is a plus. All in all it was a rough experience but a lesson well learned. We will take much better care of our investment from now on. And we have a great little camper that is in better than before condition. My husband also finished the project he was originally planning when we discovered the damage. We have this awesome metal box that contains the gas tanks, generators and two new 6 volt batteries. It looks very cool.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #29

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Pam,

Sorry it was such a mess. Glad your husband was able to take care of though. I would really like to see pictures of the modification/new add ons. Sounds neat.
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #30

SUN #6940
Pat Mac - Q is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Pam,

We just bought a Que and like your idea of the box on the tongue of the trailer. Do you have a picture of that mod.

Thanks - Pat Mac
Old 09-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #31

SUN #8637
fireleu6169 is an unknown quantity at this point
softspot in floor

j&blytton, what became of the soft spot by your fridge ? I have the same issue.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #32

SUN #6940
Pat Mac - Q is an unknown quantity at this point
Soft Spot by Frig

Fireleau,

I just received an email from you re: soft spot on Que floor... that wasn't my post, but now that you mentioned this issue I have some comments.

We just returned from a one month road trip with the Que and I also notice a soft spot on the floor at the frig. I also have a soft spot in the dinette floor area that I checked out this summer. I believe the soft spots have to do with the lack of support from cross members in the structural framing of the trailer, at least that is my best guess at the dinette area and I'm assuming the same at the frig area (due to wet weather, I have not crawled under the Que to see if my thoughts are worthy. My guess is the gray tank will prevent me seeing any framing. We have a rear entry Que and all the traffic passes the frig, thus making this more noticeable. Do you also have a RE Que?

Have you gotten any other comments regarding the soft spots?

Please keep me informed if you get any good feedback. Thanks Pat Mac
Old 10-17-2016, 12:35 PM   #33

SUN #8637
fireleu6169 is an unknown quantity at this point
Que leak

So I found that the ABS wheel well was not properly sealed and had a crack. The water intrusion ruined the flooring ( plywood) under the sink, fridge, and walkway in front of the fridge. Looks like I will be fixing it, will probably sell it for a bigger trailer.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #34

SUN #9529
Barisad is an unknown quantity at this point
Source of leaks?

We don't own a Que, yet... so Ive been trying to do my research before buying. Reading as much as possible so we can address any possible issue we may encounter prior to buying.

Chiming in on the insurance paying . We have a travel trailer parked in a camp ground. A tree branch poked a hole in the roof. (Campground is closed from Oct 31-March 31). We don't know when it happened. No visible water marks on the ceiling. Our insurance, a separate policy not affiliated with our auto or home owners, paid for the roof to be replaced. Friends had water damage to theirs, tip out water damage, and same insurance company refused to pay saying it was from lack of maintaince.

We had a Rockwood Mini lite. We noticed the throw rug inside the door was wet. Totally confused us. We checked everything. Finally figure out it was the window in the door. The molding around the glass wasn't adhered to the glass allowing water to seep between the molding and glass, run down the inside of the door and run on the floor. I'm sure in time would have created a soft spot. Could this be an issue with the Que also?? Anyone ever checked there?