Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #1

SUN #404
GrayGoose
First trip, couple of hiccups

Well, we're down in Disney staying in Fort Wilderness for our first trip in the Que. For the most part I've been very happy with the little camper. I have had a couple of issues that I am hoping someone here can help me with. The first problem we had was with the fridge. I have used all three power sources so far and still can't get it really cold. It's not too bad now but just a little worry.
The big problem is teh stove. I can't get it lit. I can hear the gas but it won't light. What are the steps to lighting? Am I missing something? There is no manual in my book. I also can't seem to get the range exhaust to work. The light works but not the exhaust. Again, is there something I can check? Also, no manual.
I am hoping this is just problems from not knowing the unit and that the last time I was in a camper was the weekend Elvis died.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks so much,
Lorie

Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
The fridge needs to be plugged in 24 hours prior to departure. I put ice packs in it to get it started, then after it's been running for 24 hours I put the food in. In the summer you have to keep it turned all the way down, and don't let it stand agape for too long when you're getting something out. We run it on propane while on the road as the battery option isn't too great.
The stove is a pain but it does work. It has a safety mechanism that makes it shut off if the flame blows out. This mechanism makes it hard to light. Light a match, push the knob in and light the burner WITHOUT letting the knob out. You MUST hold the knob in for AT LEAST 15 seconds while the flame heats up the safety gizmo. Then let the knob out and the burner will stay lit. Sometimes it takes 20 seconds. Also, you cannot have a pot sitting on the stove, because the contents of the pot will keep the gizmo from heating up. Once it's lit you can put your pan on the stove.

Your fan probably works too. I find it quirky. You have to have the on button pushed in, then push the fan button or something like that. I can't give you specifics, because I just push butttons randomly until it comes on. I think the on button is the one all the way to the right - but again am not sure.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:37 AM   #3

SUN #404
GrayGoose
Pam,
I can't thank you enough. We are going to have coffee this morning!
I still can't get the range hood to work but I'll just try not to fry anything too smoky!
I read your old post about the fridge dial. That I believe was our problem. We seem to have that one working okay.

Now if we could only get cable.
The problem is the remote control. we didn't get a Toshiba remote (radio shack universal instead) when we bought so we can't program the TV to the cable. No Monday night Football. But we're roughing it right?
Thanks again for getting back to me. Time for coffee,
Lorie
Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #4

SUN #359
ttfn
I've found that even under the best conditions, the fridge doesn't seem really cold. I know the operation is related to the ambient air temp, so you may need to run the AC if it's hot to help keep the fridge cooler. Even though it never seems really cold, we keep a zip-loc of ice cubes in the freezer, and they have always stayed frozen, so I guess all is well. On the fan, the center button is on/off; the right button is fan speed. The center button has to be out for the fan to be on (seems opposite of my intuition). If the speed is on low, it is kind of hard to hear if its on.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #5

SUN #359
ttfn
PS I forgot to add that I am sooooooo jealous that you are in Fort Wilderness!!!! How long was the drive for you; did you do it all in one day?

Beth
Old 10-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #6

SUN #404
GrayGoose
still no go on the fan but I am drinking coffee and can make pancakes tomorrow.
We took two days to drive down from Delaware. Spent the night in a truck stop and got here Saturday afternoon.
I know this place isn't the typical campground but it is fun.
We watched "the love bug" last night at the campfire.
Today it's Animal Kingdom.
This has been a fun trip in the little trailer.
We checked in alongside a bunch of class A, fifth wheel and long travel trailers. But, guess whose trailer the staff was peeking into?