Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #1

SUN #246
Janalee
TV mount in 2363

How have you 2363'ers mounted your tv's in the front of your camper? I presently put mine (a 19 inch LCD) on the little counter on the sink side--but I will need that space for other things when staying for an extended time down South this Winter, so I would like to put it in the other front corner (dinette side)..is a wall mount or under cabinet mount better in this instance? Do you take your tv down while moving? If so, what mount gives ease of disconnect or do all those little screws have to be removed on the rear of the tv?

'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #2

SUN #1949
joe8grouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

We bought an articulating wall mount for our 2363. I cut a 2"x4" to fit top to bottom in the cabinet above the sink. I placed the 2"x4" in the front right corner of the cabinet and put a couple of screws in it from the outside in to hold it in place. Made sure to place those screws so that they would be covered up by the wall mount. Attached the wall mount to the outside of the cabinet in to the 2"x4". We actually have a 26" LCD mounted. Just need to swivel it around to get access to the cupboard above the sink or the overhead above the couch. Will post a pic or two tomorrow, too dark out right now here in MI. Hope this helps.

Joe

1998 T-2363
1994 T-2251
2011 Tundra Crew Max Limited
joe8grouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #3

SUN #549
frank
Janalee,

I had the same issue when we bought ours. Counter space is at a premium in the 2363, and a TV next to the sink is not comfortable to watch from the couch.

I decided to mount the TV on the one thing I was staring at when I sat on the couch - the side of the refrigerator cabinet.

There is no support in that cabinet side to attach a mount to, so the refrigerator had to be removed in order to install a wooden support in there. While the fridge was out, I added the two electrical boxes up top for AC power, DC power, and a cable jack. The AC and DC power were fed from the refrigerator circuits. Using a cable tracer I was able to determine that the coaxial cable feeding the bedroom was run through the ceiling over the refigerator. I cut a small access hole in the ceiling inside the fridge cabinet, and installed a splitter and a small jumper to feed the new cable TV jack. I then sealed up that access hole. The whole job took about half a day, but 4 years later I'm pretty happy with it there.

The mount I used is shown in the picture. The TV can be removed from the bracket by simply lifting the TV up about an inch and pulling it out of the mount. There is also a locking bar that slides into the mount that stops it from coming out accidentally. If memory serves I picked up that mount at best buy for about $20. I generally do not remove the TV when travelling. 4 years and many thousand miles later all is well. Removing and storing is never a bad idea though.

- Frank