Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #1

SUN #7990
BenB is an unknown quantity at this point
T-264SR Rear Exterior Cargo Space Organization

I love the huge rear cargo compartment on the T-264SR, but with its tall height lots of the space is hard to utilize. From the factory this compartment has the right lower part boxed in for the power cord. When we had the back and rear side wall off for the water damage repair I unscrewed the divider box and removed it (it was screwed in from the outside). It was way larger than needed for the cord. This gained me space but now my cord was just buried under things. Adding some hooks and hanger here and there my space is now organized. I also added the one thing Sunline forgot, a light.

I started by removing the floating panel on the left side of the space. It simply unscrewed.

It covers the wires but as shown by the dirt line it eats up a few inches of space.

I rerouted the wires and built a lower profile cover with 1/4" faced veneer plywood and basic 3/4" pine boards. Added a hook for my dump water hose.

On the right side I built a hanger for my extensions cords and extra hose. Below I added hooks for the main power cord coil to hang.

Let there be light! I ran the power from the outside light. I pre-wired this when the siding was off last year, but could probably be fished with the siding on without too much trouble. The outside light is only about 6-8" away from the wire inlet.

I put a 3/4" x 4" pine board across the middle in the rear to hold my portable waste tank. This utilizes much of the before unusable upper space.

A bungee cord holds the waste tank in place.

Power cord stays out if the way nicely now.

Dump water hose easy access.

I use the buckets for storage of chemicals and other dump station items. One is empty and used at the campground as a fire water/water heater drain bucket.

Current Camper: 2006 Sunline T-264SR
Previous Camper: 1998 Coleman Mesa
Tow Vehicle: 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500, 8.1L, 4X4
DirecLink Brake Controller, Draw-Tite Ultra Frame Receiver, Reese HP Trunnion Bar Hitch W/ HP DC
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
sep

SUN #7710
sep is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice!!

Old 03-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good Ben!

I'm surprised they didn't have a light in the compartment- my '07 has lights on both sides of the pass through. I had an issue this summer, my outdoor awning mat moved while on the road, bumped the switch, and turned the light on. The heat of the light started melting the plastic bag and mat.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #4

SUN #7990
BenB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Looks good Ben!

I'm surprised they didn't have a light in the compartment- my '07 has lights on both sides of the pass through.
I was suprised it didn't have a light too. My front pass through has dual lights as well and there are more lights inside the camper than I know what to do with.

Current Camper: 2006 Sunline T-264SR
Previous Camper: 1998 Coleman Mesa
Tow Vehicle: 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500, 8.1L, 4X4
DirecLink Brake Controller, Draw-Tite Ultra Frame Receiver, Reese HP Trunnion Bar Hitch W/ HP DC
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote