Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-02-2006, 07:17 AM   #1

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Some Mods we made to our 2006 T-1950

I had DH build shelves into the shirt closet by the bed, as well as the cabinets over the head of the bed......most of our "traveling" clothes are folded and this just gave us better defination as to where things are - instead of just piled on top of each other - also makes much better use of both closets/cabinet.

We installed Maxx Aire covers over both vents - learned that lesson after camping with grandson who left vent over the couch open and it poured while we were out....needless to say he learned that the vent needed to be closed even if the skys is blue!!!

I don't know if you have curtains that close in the bed area...but I went and bought cape cod curtain and expandable curtain rods and put them in the bed area - darkens things up a bit !

We put a soft furniture protector over by the bathroom sink - to protect the door from banging the cabinets.

We use small expandable (camping world) rods to keep the "stuff" in the medicine cabinet from falling out & installed two expandable shower curtain rods in the bathroom for hanging wet towels - they dry so much better not having them all bunched up on the towel rack supplied.

We use either the expandable (CW) rods or TENSION CURTAIN RODS in the front closet over the sink and next to the frig - to hold items in place....we use short ones from front to back and curtain rods from side to side - no more items falling all over the place.

Even thou we only have a 1950 - we invested in a power tongue jack (I think thats what it is called).....gave it to DH who wanted to know why I wasted the $$$$ now he tells all his friends, it was the best $$$ spent! (GO FIGURE).

We also added another battery and next year we will add the flush king or something similar to it.

Sorry for the long post, how about others letting us know what you have done to your SUNLINE! -

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:08 PM   #2

SUN #49
tikibob
Hi Kathy, We have a T1950 also. I guess you decided against the 2499 for now. We lucked out and met Carl Kern as we were buying our 1950 so he advised us on certain extras such as the vent covers, flush tank kit and day/night shades. I'm glad we opted for them too. DH is sorry we didn't get the jack gizmo, though. As we progress down the road, I'm certain that will be added....just not sure when.

Some things we did to make life easier were... we pack our clothes into collapsible storage cubes (purchased in the "college-student" section) and then just stack the cubes on their sides in the two wardrobe cabinets. The cubes form our shelves and then we can easily bring stuff in/out when home.

Also, I bought those fabric shoe racks that you hang in the closet. They come on a long strip. I cut the strip in half and use one in my closet (the one next to fridge) for belts, thermals, wallets etc. The other strip sits near the door as a catchall and for the grandchildren's shoes when they join us. I had to cut stiff cardboard to hold each square open. This keeps a lot of dirt out of the trailer when the kids are with us. BTW, we opted not to have carpet and I just love it!

I just might steal your idea for the cafe curtains. I tried to use adhesive velcro and dark fabric but the adhesive didn't hold on the fabric. I tried to make a "curtain" for the door too. I used hook/eye fasteners. I glued the eye portion to the top of the door valance and put the hook side on the fabric. It's a pain to put it up at night and take down again in the morning so I'm back at the think pad on this one. Have any suggestions?

Another good idea you have is the rods for drying the towels! Do you run it from side wall to side wall? DH had his towel thrown over the shower door and knocked things haywire when he yanked on the towel! Needless to say, I'll take that idea too. Thanks!!

I have a folding tray...one of those "Get served breakfast in bed by DH" things. Well I didn't get the breakfast in bed so I came up with another use for the tray. I use it over the bathroom sink as another shelf when the kids are with us. We can still reach under and use the sink but we are then able to have the kids clothes cubes stacked up off the floor. Just imagine our cute little 1950 with us and three kiddies all under age nine! It doesn't happen often but when it does, we need every inch of space. I store the tray behind the sofa along with another plastic deep sided tray which I use on the stove top to have added counter space.

We looked at the 195SR and gave it a lot of thought but there were a few reasons we decided to stay with our 1950. The dealer wasn't giving us enough for our baby and the 195 didn't have all the extras ours has. The added room from the slide was nice but we are content as is.

As you know, the 1950 may be small but it packs a wallop! Like you, we love ours. We just winterized it and already can't wait for spring. Well, thanks for the great ideas. See you down the road!

Old 12-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikibob
Hi Kathy, We have a T1950 also. I guess you decided against the 2499 for now. For now we decided to hold off (at least until spring) on the 2499 - I love the idea of a walk around bed)
We lucked out and met Carl Kern as we were buying our 1950 so he advised us on certain extras such as the vent covers, flush tank kit and day/night shades. I'm glad we opted for them too. DH is sorry we didn't get the jack gizmo, though. As we progress down the road, I'm certain that will be added....just not sure when. I wish I knew about the day/night shades - our salesperson wasn't the best = I think I would have opted for them!
Some things we did to make life easier were... we pack our clothes into collapsible storage cubes (purchased in the "college-student" section) and then just stack the cubes on their sides in the two wardrobe cabinets. The cubes form our shelves and then we can easily bring stuff in/out when home. We like the idea of leaving the clothes in the TT during the summer - God only knows we have enough to do that! - But that is a good idea, maybe for over the bed to pack underware and such!
Also, I bought those fabric shoe racks that you hang in the closet. They come on a long strip. I cut the strip in half and use one in my closet (the one next to fridge) for belts, thermals, wallets etc. I like this idea alot! Might have to steal it from ya!

The other strip sits near the door as a catchall and for the grandchildren's shoes when they join us. I had to cut stiff cardboard to hold each square open. This keeps a lot of dirt out of the trailer when the kids are with us. BTW, we opted not to have carpet and I just love it! Since most of the time it is just the two of us or our 14 y/o GS, the carpet was not an issue and we did get it.

I just might steal your idea for the cafe curtains. I tried to use adhesive velcro and dark fabric but the adhesive didn't hold on the fabric. I tried to make a "curtain" for the door too. I used hook/eye fasteners. I glued the eye portion to the top of the door valance and put the hook side on the fabric. It's a pain to put it up at night and take down again in the morning so I'm back at the think pad on this one. Have any suggestions? No I don't mind the door light, I haven't given too much thought on that!

Another good idea you have is the rods for drying the towels! Do you run it from side wall to side wall? DH had his towel thrown over the shower door and knocked things haywire when he yanked on the towel! Needless to say, I'll take that idea too. Thanks!! OK on the shower curtain rods - first I got the smaller size for a stall shower not the bathtub size rod....that is important or else they will not fit. We have one going from the side to side in the shower - then the second one is going from rear to front - catching on the window valance.

I have a folding tray...one of those "Get served breakfast in bed by DH" things. Well I didn't get the breakfast in bed so I came up with another use for the tray. I use it over the bathroom sink as another shelf when the kids are with us. We can still reach under and use the sink but we are then able to have the kids clothes cubes stacked up off the floor. Just imagine our cute little 1950 with us and three kiddies all under age nine! It doesn't happen often but when it does, we need every inch of space. I store the tray behind the sofa along with another plastic deep sided tray which I use on the stove top to have added counter space. WOW - I wouldn't even think about my 3 grandsons with us - we have one 14 y/o and two 3 y/olds (no not twins - 2 daughters pregnant at the same time)....

We looked at the 195SR and gave it a lot of thought but there were a few reasons we decided to stay with our 1950. The dealer wasn't giving us enough for our baby and the 195 didn't have all the extras ours has. The added room from the slide was nice but we are content as is. That is the same reason why we haven't done anything on the 2499 yet....taking a 4000.00 hit was not too appealing to us!
As you know, the 1950 may be small but it packs a wallop! Like you, we love ours. We just winterized it and already can't wait for spring. Well, thanks for the great ideas. See you down the road!
We all need to pass around our ideas and mods, it sure makes life easier knowing what some else may have done to solve a situation that you may run into...keep those mods coming!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote