Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #61

SUN #3690
Monetta is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2007 Que and discovered when we got it ready to take out for the summer season that the floor was spongy in several places. The local RV repair shop said it could not be fixed and to just collect insurance on it. They did check all the pipes and water lines and fixed two broken lines.

We ripped out the vinyl flooring, exposing the first layer of floor and could not find any wet spots. We made a pattern of the floor, then cut marine plywood to fit the floor, using only one seam. We painted both sides of the plywood with sealer before installing.

To attach the floor, we screwed 1X3 oak to the inside of all the cabinets and storage areas. We then screwed 3/4 X 3/4 aluminum angle iron through the cabinets into the oak and laid the plywood on that, securing it with screws. Then we put in new vinyl floor and it looks as if it came from the factory like that. We have had no further indication of spongy floor.

I love this little Que and did not want to get rid of it. Sorry I did not take pictures as we progressed and completed it.

We also found that the plastic pipes under the sink had broken and we were unable to find parts for it. So we installed an "on the cabinet" faucet to replace the in-sink unit. It takes up very little counter space and we have used the camper several times this summer.

A little ingenuity goes a long way.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #62

SUN #5360
SunlineKy is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry folks had another setback...took a little road trip for the weekend, last weekend to Pigeon Forge, Tn and what happens. Yea, Saturday night I have a gallbladder attack and have to be rushed to the ER....They went in at the local VA and removed it on Tuesday so the project is on temp hold.

Monetta, sounds like you definitely put some love into it. I got lucky and my floor was weak in just spots.

Later on People.

Bobby

Old 12-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #63

SUN #5893
jpares89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope your all better! I'm just getting started on redoing an 83 fiver I got. I used your post as inspiration. You did a really nice job! Keep up the good work and thanks for your service.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #64

SUN #6141
JCTravels is an unknown quantity at this point
Bobby,

Hate to revert back to the second post you made, but could you enlighten me on the ease or challenge of getting the dinette set out? I know JohnB thought sneaking between the wall and bench with a vibration tool would work, but what did you do? The only part of the process that really concerns me is the likelihood of screws that were put in from outside-in.

I'm looking to do something similar to this, albeit not quite as fancy since I'm still developing my woodworking skills. Thanks!

Josh

Reese Dual Cam WD & SC
JCTravels is offline   Reply With Quote