Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-31-2016, 06:20 PM   #1

SUN #8170
Chophead69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Propane lines and regulator, led interior lites

My 1998 sunline has the original propane lines and regulator. The lines require a wrench to install and replace the tanks. Well I wanna replace them with the qcc lines. The ones you can screw on and off by hand.

Well do I need to swap out the regulator as well or can I just replace the lines? And do I need a certain type of regulator? Will I be ok with a auto switching unit that comes with the two lines?

My concern is making sure my stove, water heater, heater and fridge works properly and I don't cause any issues.

And is there any recommendations for what 1156 led bulbs to buy for the interior light? I think I understand the warm light white light thing. Just wondering if there is any preference on any off eBay or amozon

Old 03-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Your regulator needs to be a 2 stage regulator. The final pressure needs to be 11 inches of water column or 11" WC.

If your regulator is still good, you can change the pigtail hoses.

Ideally you can have the regulator tested and pressure drop leak test on the gas system.

See here for more on the LP test. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...cks-10981.html

An RV dealer or LP service person can help do these tests for you.

On the LED bulbs, there are several posts on this. Here are some of them

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...s-13944-2.html

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...lbs-10297.html

Also try here. This is a Google Custom search on our forum. Just enter LED (or anything else you want to search) in the Custom search box and hit go.
https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...95:95x3m3w6lto

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:53 PM   #3

SUN #8170
Chophead69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks John. I did search amozon for led 1156 bulbs and some reviews say good things while others say the cheaper ones are crap. Maybe I will spring for a set of 10 and see how they work.

Also I wasn't sure if I could just replace the lines themselves or not. Which is why I asked. My stock lines and regulator is fine but I didn't realize till a hr ago that my backup tanks with the qcc also has internal threads for the older style lines like I have. So now if I change them I will need to exchange my original stock sunline tanks when they go empty so all of my tanks are the same.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #4

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
You will probably have to exchange them anyway. Mist places won't fill a tank more than 12 years old without a recertification. Take the old tanks to a Blue Rhino stand and exchange them for new ones when they go empty.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #5

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by j52wf View Post
You will probably have to exchange them anyway. Mist places won't fill a tank more than 12 years old without a recertification. Take the old tanks to a Blue Rhino stand and exchange them for new ones when they go empty.
Yes then next time take the tanks some where else and get a full tank those @#$@% stiff you for more than a gallon of propane on a fill up. Read the sign on the cage 15# is all you get. Propane is 4.2# per gallon the tank is 20#. Walmart is a good place to trade them too they have no clue what they are doing.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #6

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, that is the one problem doing the exchange. But it beats buying a new empty one. If you have a BJs near you, they are usually the cheapest to get a refil.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:31 AM   #7

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as LED's the advancements are all most daily Cree has been the leader in 2006 they lead the way with 131 lumens per watt today they are making over 300 lumens per watt with a single chip. With this comes heat so generally the ones you can buy for your camper are not that efficient but I have a 3 chip LED that is about 5 years newer than a 15 LED chip that is very noticeably brighter. The down side it makes it harder to make home brew fixtures again due to the heat they have to be able to get rid of it. It is unlikely they would get hot enough to set fire to anything but without a way to get rid of heat they will not last nearly as long or fail in short order. The lumen output is a bit deceiving but aim for the highest rating for the bulb you want to replace. An incandescent bulb may have a greater rating but generally the LEDs give you more lightly because they are pointed in the right direction and don’t scatter light everywhere. I would stay away from a tower LED bulb they are just as bad as an incandescent because they have LEDs pointing the wrong direction. For an overhead lamp I would shoot for a flat board with all the LEDs pointing down. Color temp is a personal choice the lower the temp the more it will look like living room lighting the higher the temp the more it represents day light that being said the light output will be a good bit better with the higher temperature lamps and for old folks like myself it does make it a bit easier to see.