Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #1

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Lift Jack

Although we are very happy with our Sunline, I found having to manually crank up the tongue each time to very annoying. The main reason is that we have an Equil-I-zer hitch and in order to hitch up after you have connected to the ball, you must crank up the tongue high enough in order to connect up the weight distribution bars. Since each time we hitched up or unhitched, I had to crank the trail tongue up and down several times, I decided to add a power lift tongue jack. The jack works great and has sure made hitching up and unhitching much more enjoyable.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #2

SUN #8
camp4fun
What brand of power lift toungue jack did you select? What was the cost and did your dealer do the install? I am thinking of getting one myself.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #3

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought the UltraFab 3002 Power Tongue Jack that Camping World had on sale last month. We paid the club members price of $159.00. I installed it myself with the help of my son while we were on our two week camping trip. It took a little less that a half hour to install and wire it up to the battery.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #4

SUN #68
Mike59
POWER JACK

I just installed an Atwood 2500 lb lift. Piece of cake to do. Bought it through ebay 189 dollars. I have 03 t2553 sunline. Teh original hand crank had a diameter of 2 3/16. The Atwood was the same so all I had to do was remove the 3 bolts, remove the old hand crank and slip the new one in and put in the three bolts. Now you have to connect the power directly to the battery, the ground is made through the jack.
This is strong enough to lift the back of my F150 so I can connect my load levelers.
Don't wait - do it, takes about an hour from start to finish