Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #1

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Personalizing our 195SR

Finally getting time to post our "over the winter" modifications. First, we got Camco vent covers installed when we serviced the roof.

We have a 19" flat panel television and last year we set it on the counter.

This took all our precious counter space so we decided to mount it on the wall. We started by finding a stud to mount the holder...........

Then we added the swivel mounting arm to allow viewing from defferent angles........

Now the television mounts to the wall, freeing up valuable counter space..................I don't think I will travel like this so I ensured the television could be easily removed........

I then replaced our stock radio/CD player with a Jensen AMW 960. Now we do not have to keep the DVD player on the couter.

Then.............since I can play DVD's through the Jensen, that meant I could have the sound coming from the speakers. The stock speakers sounded terrible and the ones I bought from tweeter (Sapphires) were too heavy to be mounted on the ceiling, I purchased four Jensen speakers.

Now it's time to camp, so.....................

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Looking good there Marshall. Nice job.

Thanks for sharing the pics

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #3

SUN #549
frank
Marshall,

I just added a TV to our 2363 and was thinking about swapping the existing radio for a DVD capable unit.

How do you like that 960? And may I ask where you purchased it from?

Thanks!

Frank
Old 05-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #4

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Frank,
The 960 is great. The FM reception is almost too good to be true. The DVD plays great but it is not HD. I have not played CD's or MP3's in it yet. I have a HDD digital video camera and I have played it through the 960 with no problems. It has a jack for Sue's I-Pod and will play the sound for the DVD's through the house speakers. You can hook 3 different sets of speakers up to the system and it handles each set individually.
The only problem I have found so far is the distance from the 960 to my television. I have a 12ft RCA cable that I keep bundled in the cabinet that I run above the door to the TV each time I set up. I am looking at a wireless set-up or maybe hiding the cables some how. By the way.........that's the only way (RCA Jacks) to connect the 960 to your television.
The blue LED light is a little bright for my taste, even when it's off but over-all.............I love it. Marshall

Oh yeah.............I almost forgot, I bought it through a Jensen outlet dealer on E-Bay. It was brand new with a damaged box. I threw the box away anyway
purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #5

SUN #549
frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesuebug
Frank,
The 960 is great. The FM reception is almost too good to be true. The DVD plays great but it is not HD. I have not played CD's or MP3's in it yet. I have a HDD digital video camera and I have played it through the 960 with no problems. It has a jack for Sue's I-Pod and will play the sound for the DVD's through the house speakers. You can hook 3 different sets of speakers up to the system and it handles each set individually.
The only problem I have found so far is the distance from the 960 to my television. I have a 12ft RCA cable that I keep bundled in the cabinet that I run above the door to the TV each time I set up. I am looking at a wireless set-up or maybe hiding the cables some how. By the way.........that's the only way (RCA Jacks) to connect the 960 to your television.
The blue LED light is a little bright for my taste, even when it's off but over-all.............I love it. Marshall

Oh yeah.............I almost forgot, I bought it through a Jensen outlet dealer on E-Bay. It was brand new with a damaged box. I threw the box away anyway
Thanks Marshall! I'll keep my eyes open for one and likely give it a shot.

To hide the cables you might want to take a look at some Wiremold on-wall raceway. The non-metallic stuff is pretty inexpensive, easy to cut/work with, and paintable. We used a bunch of this stuff back when I installed a lot of network cables. I'm likely using some in mine to run the same video/audio cables, as I could not get them through the ceiling no matter how hard I tried.

- Frank
Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #6

SUN #50
edzius
How are the Jensen Speakers working out?

Marshall & Sue:
Are the Jensen 3" speakers you installed any better than the factory stock units. I'm looking to slightly upgrade the sound in our 2007 T-1950. I'll be installing a Bazooka BT6024DVC dual voice coil subwoofer to give the sound some bass but I would like the ceiling speakers to just give me some high & midrange. Please advise.

Thanks,
Ed

edzius is offline   Reply With Quote