Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #21

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Nick,

Boy, by the 3 postings, I guess you really are interested in where I got the extrusion
Or do you just have an itchy trigger finger?

They’re called Table Support, I ordered them through our local RV dealer.

You can see them on GO-RV.com, they’re item # 40354 part way down in the 3rd column. On line they're priced at $6.39, but I picked them up for under $5 from the RV dealer's parts department. They're 30" in length, but I cut it down to ~20". I didn't have room for the full 30" length where the receiver mount was already mounted on our trailer.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for. If it's not let me know.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #22

SUN #287
nickster60
Hutch
Just had internet lock up and kept pressing the botton. Kind of like the hammer method, if it doesnt work hit it again

nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #23

SUN #98
Hi Kathy,

Sorry for the delay in replaying to your post.

To find the studs, what I would do is use a stud finder on the inside wall. Measure where the studs are from the inside and then take that measurement outside. The trick is finding a common reference point for both inside and outside measurements.

The other (and easier) option, is do what John did. He mounted his bracket over the wheels. It looks like he used the same screw holes above the wheels.

Hutch
Old 06-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #24

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Nope we have the "higher" wheel wells......so we'll have to do the "stud thing" inside!

Thanks
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #25

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Re: The Mini Me Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTHutch
Ok, John’s post gave me a spark to create my own outside table. I call it the “Mini Me” of JohnB’s outside kitchen extravaganza.

And finally, the finished table mounted on the trailer.

Sorry, no camping pictures showing the table in use yet, hopefully in a few weeks.

Hope you enjoyed this and maybe gave you some ideas of your own.
Hutch
Hutch

Sorry so long getting to this. Boy the forum has been a busy here lately and I was out camping last weekend for 3 days. I'm still trying to catch up.... I'm out next week all week camping, it will take 2 weeks to catch up...

Now to your handy work

Emotion jumped thru the keyboard here.

Hutch Wrote:
"I call it the “Mini Me” of JohnB’s outside kitchen extravaganza. "

LOL!!!!!!

After I picked my self up off the floor from laughing so hard... Good one. I read intently to your very nice handy work. Very nice. Now you went and sparked some ideas from me on the pic's under the Lexan. H'mm, where can I put that...

Good job and thanks for sharing.

Posting pics are so great here.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #26

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana
Nope we have the "higher" wheel wells......so we'll have to do the "stud thing" inside!

Thanks
Kathy

Talking with LaRue at the factory, Sunline builds on 16" centers like normal home construction.

The pic Hutch posted, I did reuse the fender mounting screw locations as they screw into something with meat behind it verses finding the studs.

Now that you are into picture posting, take a shot of your fenders. I can't figure out from here why this option would not work on the 07. In 2005 when they redid the frame, and inside, the trailer I think only raised 1" in the frame and 2" inside. 5 in. channel frame on 2004 to 6” I beam on 2005.

If you looking for a stud, pull the fridge cover there are 2 there in there are each end and measure back along the side of the trailer to find a 16" pitch. If you have the alum siding, I would think you could gently press and feel it behind it once you have the 16" measured out.

You can also back into a 48" seam from the cieling seams inside an back track from there.

Let me know if I can help any.

John

Old 06-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #27

SUN #93
Here are the photos of our "wheel well opening" - as you can see - the top is not "flat" like on the non 07 model!

On our 1950 - the wheel well opening was flat and we were going to put it over the opening.....on the 07 - you can't put it there as it is curved...I guess we'll have to do the measuring route when we get to that mod!

Thanks for any suggestions, that anyone may offer!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #28

SUN #89
Kathy

I have an option for you still on how to mount a rail using your the fender cover screws. And it is not that hard to do. Easier to explain in a pic.

I can do some picture magic and paste my rail right onto your camper. But I need a better image to start with.

Can you pop a pic of the entry door side of the camper looking straight on at the wheel wells and back up enough to cover this much span on the camper plus a little more. Bend down a little so your eye site is looking straight at the fender.

It would look like this and maybe zoom out just a little bit more

This one you gave is close but you are looking down at an angle and I cannot measure off of it. Looking straight on I have ways to measure from a pic that is not that far off.

Also a top shot looking down on the fender so I can see the screw recesses on the fender.

When you get a minute take a few pics and we will get you plans on how to do this

We will get you a table on your camper lick'ity split.

John

Old 06-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #29

SUN #93
It's getting dark now - and I'm working on Saturday - so when I get home from work I'll try to take those photos.

But I have to tell you John, the only way it will be done lickity split is if someone else does it for me.....DH does not move to fast on things like this!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 06-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #30

SUN #89
Kathy

When ever you get time. We are off camping for the week, so I might not get back to you as quick. Don't know if I can get an Inet connection and then it will be snail mail....

The more IO thought on your fenders I now have 3 options.

Do you also have the RVQ rail hook up? I used ours for the 2nd table since I do not use the RVQ.

I can give you dimensions of where to mount if you need/want and don't have.

Well have to go now and hook up "The Camper" Heading out first thing back to NY. But on the Western end. Cindy's Mom has a cottage right on Lake Erie in a little town called Silver Creek.

Have a good 4th

John

Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #31

SUN #93
Hi John,

Finally got around to taking those photos for your "magic" to work on!

Hope these help.[/img]
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 07-04-2007, 04:11 AM   #32

SUN #328
bugbite
Re: Outdoor TT Kitchen - Breakfast is a cooking. Come on ove

John B, How creative! Looks like you had lots of fun building that breakfast is on outside kitchen. Suddenly I am hungry for a full 4 course breakfast repast.

BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB

Happy Camping

John
------------------

For some of us not quite as creative. :P

We cover a picnic table and its benches.
Abutting the table use one of those aluminum tables.
Have a 2 burner Coleman Propane stoves.
Can spread out all the makings.
Have our plates and utensils, napkins, and garbage sack right there.
Then eat on the picnic table.
Wash in boiling water mixed with cold in one plastic bucket
Rinse in another bucket and dry on a rack after using a cloth.

Just a few more steps but we don't get anything greasy under the awning or on the side of the camper.Works for us.

Inside

Coffee "cooked" in the camper w/ condiments, coffee and filters etc.
Toast, toasted in a toaster. Butter, Jam cold and inside.
Never have used our grill top inside for anything. Grease and all real messy.

-----------------------

Say anyone ever thot of getting one of those foldable outside kitchens already built w/ aluminum?

If you wanna' cheat if you aren't creative how about these?

Wanna' outside range hood?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1203-OUTSIDE-VEN...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camping-Kitchen-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camping-Kitchen-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOLDING-CAMP-KIT...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLEMAN-OUTFITTE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Coleman-Outf...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-Outdoor...QQcmdZViewItem

http://search.ebay.com/camping-kitch...mZR40QQfrtsZ50

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-CAMPING-KITC...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIO-ULTIMATE-OUT...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camping-Cupboard...QQcmdZViewItem

Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #33

SUN #89
Popa and Nana

I see your pic's. Can work with them.

I won't be home until this weekend with all my pic editing toys. I will glue a table mounting rail on there then post a table on Kathy's T2499 outdoor kitchen

John

Old 07-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #34

SUN #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugbite
John B, How creative! Looks like you had lots of fun building that breakfast is on outside kitchen. Suddenly I am hungry for a full 4 course breakfast repast.

BB
BB

Thanks for the kinds words. Yes working on the TT is a stress reliever from work for me and DW and I really enjoy the TT, which is what the RV lifestyle is all about.

We came from the PU world and the outside stove was on the side of the camper plus I cook a lot on the fire in a Dutch oven. We do not have issues with grease on the camper or awning from the propane stove. On my camper the awning is 8 feet up so I do not have an issue. Plus I’m Mr. Fuss pot on if there is any splatter anywhere, it comes off right after the cook fest is over.

Any grilling on my Weber Go Anywhere grill is always out side the awning. That burger flair up is more then I want to test the awning with.

Every one cooks different and that is OK too. We do the picnic table deal in the winter when the awning is full up. The tables setup is only when the awning is down.

Thanks

John

Old 07-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #35

SUN #328
bugbite

Thanks for the kinds words. Yes working on the TT is a stress reliever from work for me and DW and I really enjoy the TT, which is what the RV lifestyle is all about.

<<Yes>> Good idea. No awing while cooking. Love those Webers<<
Old 07-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #36

SUN #89
To Poppy and Nana

Kathy here you go. Unfortunately I did not have the exact right pictures of your TT to glue a table on. I was going to do a nice funny picture cutting and pasting a pic but the pics of your camper were not back far enough.

So I did the next best thing. I glued your fenders onto my camper.

Ha Ha. OK now to how to do this without drilling any new holes in the camper. First I see by your sig pic that you use the RVQ. So using that table mount is already spoken for. However when you make your new one, if you are not RVQ’ing, this new table will mount on that rail as well. Or you can add a 2nd one if you so desire.

Let me start with what you will end up with. Then how to accomplish it. Here is a side shot. See the 120 Volt plug and relation to the fridge vent cover. Yours will end up in that same area.

Next is an end view looking at it. Yours will be the same general height and just under the 120 volt plug.

The legs, which are adjustable are paint roller sticks. I had to pull them apart and cut them down a little to get shorter, but they twist in the middle, telescope out and then lock in place. You can easily adjust for most any campground.

The paint stick just goes up into a drilled hole the same size as the outside of the threads. It does not screw in.

And here it is inserted. The board it inserts into is as long as the threaded section to give it some rigidity.

And if you get carried away with this like some of us, not mentioning any names, you can add one of those stick on levels. If you use an electric frying pan or griddle, everything is level.

Now how to mount this onto your camper. The key to making this work is to use what I call “stand offs” or little spacer tubes made from plastic or metal. See this one here that I mount my shelf with. These stand offs you can buy at a hardware store or make them. You do not need the washer on the end, it is just there for my shelf.

You will use the existing holes that now mount the wheel wells. On yours they are sunk in. You will take that screw out, put the stand off in place, and then use a longer screw. There will need to be at least 2 lengths of stand off’s I’ll explain this later. Here you can see how they will extend out that mounting surface.

So now with the standoff’s you have a rigid mounting surface to work from. You now mount the table rail on top of the stand offs. See here where there is a straight line to get 2 holes real easy. The 3rd one we have to work on a little bit.

And here is the mounting rail moved over the 2 easy holes in line. You match drill the rail to line up with the fender hole locations. On the 3rd one the hole is now too low. So you put a piece of 1” wide x 1/8” thick aluminum flat bar on the stand off and reach up to the table rail. This 3rd position stand off is flush with the TT fender. The other 2 stick out 1/8” more to compensate for the 1/8” flat bar.

And there is your mounting rail. I’m sure Leo is crafty to see this and figure the rest out. And if not, PM me or post back. If you come up dry on the stand off’s, let me know I can send you a few.

Hope this helps and happy camping.

John

Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #37

SUN #93
THANKS John (yes I was hollering)!!!!

That looks relatively simple, now we just need time to make the mod!

I'll print out the pages for him to have for easy reference.....I think Leo may have some of those "stud thingies" in stock!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #38

SUN #98
Wow John, excellent job of design work and instructions.

Now I know who to go to when I need an idea engineered.

There’s a lot of good information and ideas there, thanks for sharing,

Kathy & Leo, good luck with your table mod, you’ll have to post pictures when you’re done with it.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #39

SUN #89
Kathy

Glad it helped spark the idea on how to do. And yes, please post back when ever you get to this. We all feed off each others ideas. Inquirying minds need to know!

Hutch,

Thanks too. Us Sunliner’s stick together . Any time a fellow camper and a Sunline owner to boot, needs and idea or help, where here.

Happy Camping

John

Old 07-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #40

SUN #328
bugbite
You really get into it JohnB

I have some cousins up your way. I used to live not far from Dublin.

You really do get into this I can tell. Is camping your vocation? If so you must get high dollar.

BB