Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #1

SUN #1546
apackoftwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Macerator

Anyone installed or had one installed?

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
Full Timing in T-1950 2005 Anniversary Model
1997 6.5L Chevy Turbo Diesel Truck
"Pure Michigan"
Facebook: Apackof2 for the Rd
apackoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
I've always wondered what the advantage of having one of these is.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #3

SUN #1546
apackoftwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Macerator pumps provide a partial answer to sewage disposal, chopping waste into a thin slurry and pumping it out through a garden hose to a proper disposal. And that's all there is to it. They're not magic and they're not maintenance free. They can, though, eliminate the most onerous part of the dumping chore if used properly.Macerators and Other Sewage Stuff by phred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
I've always wondered what the advantage of having one of these is.

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
Full Timing in T-1950 2005 Anniversary Model
1997 6.5L Chevy Turbo Diesel Truck
"Pure Michigan"
Facebook: Apackof2 for the Rd
apackoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #4

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is a thread that may be of interest that talked about sewer-solution and macerators.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...ice-11617.html

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Here is a thread that may be of interest that talked about sewer-solution and macerators.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...ice-11617.html
I have a Sewer Solution packed away somewhere. It worked fairly well, but the main plastic body was made of some material that could not withstand being repeatedly connected and disconnected to the dump fitting. The little ears would crack and then break off. They sent me a "new improved" body for free, but it too quickly broke.

It's too bad as it actually was a decent solution for dumping at home. If I were to ever get another, I'd rig up an adapter using a fitting that can withstand regular use much better and then permanently fasten the Sewer Solution to that.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by apackoftwo View Post
Macerator pumps provide a partial answer to sewage disposal, chopping waste into a thin slurry and pumping it out through a garden hose to a proper disposal. And that's all there is to it. They're not magic and they're not maintenance free. They can, though, eliminate the most onerous part of the dumping chore if used properly.Macerators and Other Sewage Stuff by phred

Hi Joan

I followed your link, read an amount of it and a question then came to mind. ????

Are you looking to the Macerator pump for dumping at campgrounds or do you have a special dumping situation at home or somewhere else you are trying to overcome?

If it is normal campground dumping, the addition of black and or gray tank sprayers along with an RV hydro flush can greatly enhance clean tanks and easy dumping.

The Macerator can chew up about anything that comes out...and pump it uphill if need be. But they do not help clean the tank of stuff that will not flow out by itself.

Not trying to talk you out of one, just offering other possibilities if you are trying to overcome a specific problem. I have thought of getting a pump for at home as there are times I have to clean up at home as the dump station line is real long. Using tank sprayers in a long line I avoid to not hold up the next guy as I can clean up at home. So in those cases I dump and run.... I can back up next to my aerator tank at home and flush there. But in the wet spring I do not want to mess up the lawn with ruts so pumping has been thought about. Just never made it to it yet.

Another problem are some campgrounds they have no water hose with screw on hose threads. May be an Ohio thing. They put in a brand new dump station and have a hose but no threads on the end. Making pressure rinsing not doable. May be some health reg as they are afraid of folks getting the cleaning water mixed up with potable water.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #7

SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Another problem are some campgrounds they have no water hose with screw on hose threads. May be an Ohio thing.

John
I ran into that in W.Va. There was NO fresh water hose at the dump station. The potable water station was across the road and 25' away. If I had had to rinse up a spill, I would've needed to run my hose across the road to tap into fresh water.
Oh, and if I had obeyed the "one way" sign and not gone in the out road, the dump station would've been on the passenger's side. Park was built in the 50s and has a few such eccentricities.
The mo' complicated your dump system, the less adaptable it will be, IMHO.

Teach

"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, macerator, sewage