Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #1

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Loosing Heat From Your Windows In Cool Weather Camping

Fellow Campers

Here is a fix we did today to help keep some of the cold outside that leaks in thru the stock windows. Ths cost was not much, but this did take some time and the end results are well worth it.

This idea actually was prompted by EMAN here on Sunline club. They tried it and it worked, so we too tried it and it works too…

For those cold weather camping, the topic of windows came up with moisture on them. Adequate venting helps solve a lot of this, but there is still considerable cold that comes thru the window unless you are fortunate enough to have thermo-panes.

Reproducing the EMAN fix, was to use the heat shrinking plastic on the windows.

Here is what we did.

This is the brand we used, Cost $8.95 and the role I believe will do the entire camper if I do not run out of 2 sided tape. There is over 1,000 inches of tape and it should do a number of them.

The next area was how to attach it. The tape is the exact width of the metal channel on the window frame. It fits right in the groove and the plastic seals over it. To go around the corners, just keep going in small little tucks and keep on going. It is a little wrinkled but it still works OK.

Just follow the directions and then heat shrink it with the hair dryer. I was shocked this worked so well and it really helps. The cold was coming in the window like mad when I was putting it on. And I can really tell the different with the plastic on.

On our new camper the entire rear wall and sides are windows. 5 of them in this one area alone. You can see some of the fog still in there as I had the heat on inside when Cindy and I was doing this. Don’t fear, the windows leaks so much to the outside world the moisture will get out….

So Pat and Cindy, THANKS for the tip. Thought we would too pass it along to the next Sunliner.

Happy Camping

John and Cindy

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #2

SUN #115
emam
Hey John and Cindy, glad you found that this little piece works so great!

I too was amazed at how much of a differance it makes. For anyone camping in the cold weather, it's a must unless you can afford the upgrade to Thermopanes. Something we cant.

Thanks for the pictures. I tried to take some, but it was dark outside, so the flash kept reflecting off the plastic, so I never posted any of them with my original post.

Pictures make a world of differance

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote