Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #1

SUN #61
hoffmavl
kitchen drawer slides

Does any one have any issues with the drawer rails when they open the draws under the kitchen sink? I have an 06 T-276SR model, I had mine repaired several times the small drawer and the one below that I use as our silverware, when you pull them out they shake from side to side too much play. There not like my home kitchen drawers, I thought about replacing them with KV8400 RV Stay-Close Precision Slides but when you spend all this money buying the unit who wants to keep spending more money. Any ideas

Vaughn

04 F150 Supercrew
06 Sunline T-276SR

Old 01-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
We do not have any side to side issues. BUT there is a getting use to on opening them up.

We have to remember this is a camper draw latch and you have to lift it up, then pull out. I forget myself often and yank and it does not open. I stop, lift it up and out it comes nice and easy.

This lift up and out feature is so the draws do not pop open during travel and it works well for that. If the draw did come out to easy, they would fly open going down the road.

Do you notice your side ways issues during the opening process? Just asking as it took us a while to get the hang of the draw slide. If you did not realize they where “anti pop open easy” draws you could pull up and off to the side making the draw sort of bind up while opening. Once I dawned on me what was going on. I lift up easy in the center and even like and then it opens nice and straight.

Is this what you are seeing?

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #3

SUN #61
hoffmavl
John,
I had them types remove by the factory and replaced with regular slides, mine you give a little extra pull and the drawers slide out. They attached a different type of holding device. The drawers just have too much play when you open and as well when they are fully opened. Maybe I’m just asking for to much
Old 01-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmavl
John,
I had them types remove by the factory and replaced with regular slides, mine you give a little extra pull and the drawers slide out. They attached a different type of holding device. The drawers just have too much play when you open and as well when they are fully opened. Maybe I’m just asking for to much
Oh.... H'mm didn't know they offered a different draw slide. Learn something new every day.

Do not know if this will work or not, but a thought you might be able to build on.

They make draw guides that are sort of a small plastic L shape. This L shape goes on the outside bottom corners of the drawer to keep it centered. They attach to the stationary cabinet part out by the draw front. One on left and one on the right side

They are about 1/2" long on the L leg sections and about 1/2" to 3/4" long in length.

Lowes, Home Depo, Ace Hardware may have them.

If this would fit you setup, it would not cost much and could take away a large % of your excess wiggle.

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #5

SUN #61
hoffmavl
John,
Thanks for that bit of info, I'll look into this but because of the winter time frame it’s going to have to wait till Spring I have the unit covered for the winter. But mean time I'll look at home depot, thanks for all your help
Vaughn
Old 01-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #6

SUN #115
emam
I was having some work done on my 06 2499 the other day and noticed that thre is a good 6 to 8 inches behind the drawers under the sink that isnt used. I dont plan on scrapping all the drawers right now, but down the road, if any break, I'll be sure to use the extra space and have the drawer go all the way to the back of the cabinet.

I asked the guy at General RV why they would waste so much usuable space and he said they switched a few years back and made all the drawers the same saize no matter what unit they were going in to save some money. I alos found a company on the web that'llmake custom drawers to any size you want. ALl you do is send them the dimensions and they send you a fully assembled drawer ready to install. Not a bad option for those of us who arent that handy with a saw and hammer.

http://www.udb.cc/Default.aspx thats the link to the site if anyones interested

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote