Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-08-2016, 10:10 PM   #1

SUN #8084
MikeW is an unknown quantity at this point
Internal fridge fan thoughts

Hi!
Seeing how I have been having trouble with internal fridge temps causing some of my foods to freeze and others to not seem to stay cool enough in other areas of the fridge I took the liberty of purchasing a battery operated fan that you simply place on the bottom shelf to circulate and even out the internal temps of the fridge. Sounds simple enough right? Well my choice of fan which was designed specifically for this task turned out to be a waste of 18bux and now I am skeptical on spending more money for the "name brand" model available for the same task. It seems that after my purchase discovering that the craftsmanship is so poor in this fan that the batteries don't even fit in the housing properly and with my stubbornness in trying to make them fit I rendered the unit non-returnable due to damage. How can a product be sold that batteries to operate it don't even fit in properly? Never have I seen this in even the cheapest of china made items I have purchased over the years.
Anyway.....has anyone else had good or bad experiences with these fans or does anyone have an option for keeping the internal temps cooling equally throughout their fridges? Thanks for any thoughts and input.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
We use the Camco, Have 2 of them and use both in the fridge all the time when camping.

This one
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-44123-Fr...fridge+airator

We use to have this one. The Valtera. It now I see has a switch. Back when...I do not recall the switch
http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A10-2...fridge+airator

The Camco in our testing moves more air. But it has a drawback of you have to take the batteries out to turn it off. And in doing this, the little snap clip on top is well, a pain. I have made it past the clip, use my finger name to press it in, but over time the clip becomes weak and the batteries disconnect some times. Mainly when towing. To over come this....I use a velcro strap around the base and all is good. Sooner or later the clip will snap off. We have had our 2 since 2004 and they still work.

Hope this helps

John

I gave son the Valterra and he use to have it in his pop up. It is better then not having one and it was free to him...

The ideal one would be the Camco with a switch. Have not found that one yet...

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #3

SUN #8084
MikeW is an unknown quantity at this point
I purshased the Vaterra. May as well have thrown 18bux out the window driving to the dealer to get it. Garbage from the get-go. They have the Camco model with switch for $28. 10 bux more than Valterra but I'd like to imagine it is made a bit better. As long as it does what it's designed for I'm ok with it. Thanks for responding with your experience.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I did not realize Camco now has one with a switch.

Yup, they do http://www.amazon.com/Camco-44123-Fr...fridge+airator

I see that have made some advancements since 2004...

That said, I'll keep using mine until it dies, I have gotten use to it....

Good luck

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #5

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a good video for installing a computer case fan in the fridge. A small fan, low current draw and quiet. Might be a good idea if you are handy. Only thing I would do is add a off/on switch.

Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #6

SUN #5385
rodsun is an unknown quantity at this point
I have rigged a small computer fan to a bracket which I zip tied to the fins on the back of the fridge, the fan is at the top of the fins and just forward of them. I then took an old cell phone charger, cut off the end, ran the charger wire up through the fridge drain tube from the outside compartment and connected to the fan. I then used a electrical adapter so I could plug in the cell phone charger along with the fridge 110 plug. the computer fan is 12v and the cell charger is 5v but spins the fan fast enough. I just pop off the out side fridge panel and plug it in when fridge is in use using shore power. Works really well for me. Fridge is evenly cooled on shore power.