Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #1

SUN #660
rmstack
HDTV Mount in 2006 Sunline 2753

Today, I solved my problem by mounting Peerless Articulating Arm Wall Mount For Flat Panel TVs in the overhead TV Cabinet. I located a stud using my stud finder and used 1 7/8 screws instead of the supplied 2 1/2 inch screw. Otherwise everything fit quite well. The TV can easily be removed for travel (I used a bungee cord to hold the mount during travel) and stored either on the bed or floor. The mount pulls forward so I can place the satellite receiver in the cabinet.

Mounted:

Old 11-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #2

SUN #660
rmstack
Adding two more photos.

Mount on the back of the TV

Finished and Mounted HDTV. Space below the TV for the satellite receiver.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
It must have been TV mount weekend. Here's where we decided to put ours. It's a little 15" so we needed it closer than the Sunline location. Conveniently, there is a stud right where we needed one.
When folded, our TV fits between the door and the window, and still leaves plenty of room for 1 person to sit at the dinette.

When extended it's at just the right height, and the new pantry prevents us from bumping into it. And it will swing out of the way so that we could sit 2 people on that side again if necessary.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #4

SUN #660
rmstack
That is a great location for you since you had a cabinet door made for the overhead TV Cabinet. There just was not a solid location for a mount under that cabinet where I would have like to have put it, but I also needed a shelf for the satellite receiver. I can still store things in that cabinet above the receiver, and the TV will cover it when in place.

I know what you mean about a smaller screen. The 14" that fit in the cabinet was hard to see while sitting on the sofa or chair. (It was sort of like watching a movie on an IPod- magnifying glass needed!) To read any printing on the screen, I'd have to get up and walk closer to read it. I won't have to do that with my 19" and perhaps later a 22".

So we both solved our problems.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #5

SUN #128
Tweety
Yep...we also looked for a stud under the TV cabinet, thinking we could swing the TV forward. But, as you also found there is no wood there. And we didn't want to have to buy a larger TV. Looks like we now have 2 good TV mounting solutions for the 2753. Where there's a will there's a way
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Old 11-13-2008, 09:09 AM   #6

SUN #660
rmstack
You are so correct. This modification to take advantage of the digital broadcast in 2009 has been on my mind for quite some time. I've researched mounts, looked for studs under the cabinet and finally this week, I found a mount at Costco, brought it home, and it worked perfectly.

Although the trailer is winterized and parked in the backyard, the TV problem is solved for me, and I don't need to think about it over the winter. Likewise, I am having a Fan-Tastic Vent (already purchased and waiting for installation) added in April which will solve the moisture problem created from cooking because Sunline decided to not vent the range to the outside. I could never figure that logic- open the window above the sink and turn on the small fan in the bathroom.

I am not a carpenter, but if I were, I'd do like you did and put a door where that clock is. It is not fun trying to get things from behind it.

But my two major concerns are now addressed, and we'll have to live with trying to get things from behind the clock!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #7

SUN #19
Sunline1
Rich & Steve

Great job mounts look terrific.

Rich, I like your idea, of the mount in the cabinet, and you can mount a bigger TV than would fit in the cabinet.

Steve, I like you idea as well because do to the fact the TV is "closer", one could get away with a smaller TV.

Care to share the model numbers and prices of the mounts.

Is it easy to mount the TV to the mount ?
I also know it's a little difficult for me to do anything to my TV in the stock TV cabinet, without folding up the table.

I have the same basic arrangement, been dragging my feet on getting an LCD and mount.

Thanks

Sunline1
Old 11-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #8

SUN #660
rmstack
Sunline1

Check my top picture and you will see the model number that I put in black on the box before I took the picture. It is made by Peerless Model LMAM1940 (www.peerlessmounts.com 800-865-2112) which I purchased at Costco Warehouse store in Lancaster, PA for $89.99. This mount is for a 19" - 40" screen so definitely can hold smaller TVs. too. Unfortunately, I can not find this model on the Peerless site so I wrote to them. Perhaps it is a new model.
But I found it at these sites:
$99.99 http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341&N =4008255&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=22121&Ns=P_Price| 1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav=
$99.00 http://www.hypertechcomputer.com/ind...tml&lang=en-us
More expensive here:
$135.00 http://www.pinecomputer.com/pearwafor22l.html

Likewise, check the third picture showing the gray mount on the back of the TV. That just slides on the arm mount to sort of "hang" the TV on it. So it is easy to take off for travel. Plus the mount can hide the cables.

I am very pleased with this mount and later when the prices come down, might put a 22" TV there. I do know that the 19" Sharp that I have, which is sold by Costco and Sam's, is a great TV for this location. I have another Sharp 19" in our kitchen at home. HDTV is terrific.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #9

SUN #128
Tweety
We bought ours through ebay for 29.99 + 12.00 shipping. We have 2 of the same mount with one in the bedroom as well. We leave the mounting bracket on the back of the TV. To connect the TV you just unscrew the black knob that you see in the picture, put the TV on top and screw the knob back on. It's really simple. The hard part about our "fix" is that Steve had to run a cable and install another electrical outlet. The bottom of the kitchen cabinet has hollow space so the wires are hidden in there.

http://stores.ebay.com/OEM-Direct-Store
(note: I see OEM is selling this mount for $39.99 now)
Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #10

SUN #19
Sunline1
Thanks all.

Now all I have to do is fiqure out where I want to mount the TV, and buy one this christmas, when you get all the good deals.

Sunline1
Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #11

SUN #660
rmstack
I have a similar mount that Tweety used only I put that in the bedroom. For that one, the mount stays on the back of the TV and when installed, it just slips into the wall bracket. I got it at Sam's, but most likely Wal-Mart would have it, too. It was $40. It will not work in the Overhead TV cabinet as the arm is not long enough.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #12

SUN #19
Sunline1
I'll take a look at walmart next week.

Sunline1

2002 Sunline model T-2975 (large Bath)
Sunline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #13

SUN #660
rmstack
I just checked Sam's Club online, and it is $48.62.
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=391611

Wal-Mart has the same item, $46.87, but under it is a very similar one for $22.97

http://www.walmart.com/search/search....x=22&Find.y=2

Good luck in your search. Remember this will not work in the cabinet, but will work beside the door where Tweety put it.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #14

SUN #19
Sunline1
Rich

Thanks, I have to review both mounts, at first glance they do look pretty similiar as you indicated.

One would think with the price differential, there would be some noticable difference.

2002 Sunline model T-2975 (large Bath)
Sunline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #15

SUN #703
SimonKenton
TV mounts and such

Thank you both for the mount information. I have a 19" Sharp and just setting it in the TV cabinet doesn't give it any tilt for god viewing from the couch or chair.
I'm doing a lot of playing with our newly purchased 05, T2753.

I have a question that has me baffled about the TV cabling. The amplifier box in above the front table and I have bare cables in the bedroom and in the TV cabinet. However, the cable in the TV cabinet has no signal. I thought it was for campground cable but this past weekend proved me wrong. I wound up running the cable in through the side window to watch TV. The front table and bedroom connections work fine with the antenna/amp. I thought here might be a splitter somewhere but don't have a clue where to start looking.

I noticed on one of the pics of the TV cabinet there were two antenna wall connectors. Did you install? I only have the cable coming through the wall.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Simon Kenton
Old 05-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #16

SUN #660
rmstack
Re: TV mounts and such

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKenton
Thank you both for the mount information. I have a 19" Sharp and just setting it in the TV cabinet doesn't give it any tilt for god viewing from the couch or chair.
I'm doing a lot of playing with our newly purchased 05, T2753.

I have a question that has me baffled about the TV cabling. The amplifier box in above the front table and I have bare cables in the bedroom and in the TV cabinet. However, the cable in the TV cabinet has no signal. I thought it was for campground cable but this past weekend proved me wrong. I wound up running the cable in through the side window to watch TV. The front table and bedroom connections work fine with the antenna/amp. I thought here might be a splitter somewhere but don't have a clue where to start looking.

I noticed on one of the pics of the TV cabinet there were two antenna wall connectors. Did you install? I only have the cable coming through the wall.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Simon Kenton
Simon,

I had the same problem with TV reception in the TV cabinet but the factory solved it for me. They forgot to connect wires in the amplifier. Once that worked. I had reception in the TV Cabinet area. The other cable is a dealer installed satellite connection.

So I put my satellite receiver in on the shelf, connect the satellite cable and the TV cable to the receiver and I have satellite channels and local channels.

With the fix at the factory (unfortunately it no longer is in business but a local dealer or yourself ought to be able to fix the wiring) at the amplifier, I also had cable in the TV cabinet area, which I did not have before when I did not take my satellite dish with me.

I was just told that a wire was not connected at the amplifier.

Hope this helps,
Rich
Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #17

SUN #703
SimonKenton
TV Reception

Thanks, Rich
I discovered the wiring problem on Sunday. Like you said it was a factory connection problem. They used three "screw on" type cable connectors and on all three they failed to expose any ot the ground braid to the connector. After replacing the connectors I now have continuity in the cables. I haven't tried a TV yet but I think it will work.

I did find the splitter. It's in the wall behind the TV cabinet, cable connection plate. There was a bad connector on that as well.

Interesting location for the satellite cable. Where did they terminate the other end? We camp at a few places with very poor OTA reception and the Direct TV satellite works good. On my 2363 I just ran the cable through a window but I'd like to do better.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #18

SUN #660
rmstack
Dave,

When I purchased the trailer in June 2006, I had the dealer install a satellite connection. When I arrived to pick up the trailer, I discovered that they had installed the satellite connection at the sofa area which was not fine with me. So they agreed to install another at the TV cabinet. So basically, it is just a through the wall connection. On the outside, I screw the satellite cable to the male fitting and at the cabinet is the wire which I screw to the satellite receiver.

I never could figure out why they would think that a person would have a TV in the cabinet and also on the table by the sofa.

Then on our first outing to a New Jersey campground, I discovered that my cable or antenna connection did not work at the TV cabinet and, like you, had to run a cable through the window to the TV for two weeks. After getting home, I took the trailer to the factory, and they discovered the problem.

Glad to be of help to you in that for some reason the factory employee who was responsible for the connections apparently was not doing his job, and I was told what had to be done. Problem solved now for both of us!

We are presently at the Gettysburg Farm Campground in Pennsylvania. Had wonderful weather for the holiday but today is rainy and cool. So we are glad for the satellite and my fix for the flat screen as our 3 yr. old grandson can watch kid shows.

Rich
Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #19

SUN #703
SimonKenton
Thanks,
Hope the weather turns better but today's paper shows some rain across the whole east.
Campgrounds with Wi-Fi are great.
Thanks again
Dave