Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
Cheap Drawer/Cabinet Holders

So these back country roads are not the smooth flat roads like the Expressways are. The back roads are much better to travel on as you tend to see more unique things, rather then the same five chain restaurants on each exit.

The problem was every time we would pull over, the Cabinet doors would be open and everything in them would be scattered around the cabin.

I was sick of the drawers under the sink sliding out and falling on the ground too. I found this item at a Home Depot, but I've since seen it at a bunch of other hardware stores. Since we've started using them, not once has anything opened and I think we got two for $4.

All it is, is a piece of thin wire covered in soft foam. So it wont harm the finish, and they can bend to any shape. For the cabinet doors over the Couch, I cut one of them in half, as they come standard about 2 feet long and that was just too long for the little cabinet handles. But one fit perfect on the kitchen drawers.

If I would have thought of this before we left home, I would have just asked one of my electrician buddies to bring me home a few pieces of Romex, as it's the same thing, just doesnt have the foam covereing like these do.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pat,

That's a great idea! I got a pack of those a few years ago as a gift and never used them. I carry them with me all the time, but never thought of using them for anything else other than holding cords. You're lucky to have handles that can accept the ties. Some of the older Sunline's have handles that I can't even get my finger behind...seems kind of useless and hard to use to me. As I sit here in this Fleetwood MH, I look over at the kitchen cabinets and think about how those ties would help things here too. Well wait, Fleetwood went cheap and only put pull knobs on the doors! I guess I'll still have to be the one to jump up every time my dad takes a corner too hard. At least nothing has fallen on me (yet), like in the movie, RV.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote