Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Another kitchen faucet install

The kitchen faucet Sunline installed in the 344SR had a major leak in the valve assembly. I tried finding parts for the Empire Brass faucet, but was unsuccessful. Kitty found a faucet that she liked and I installed it today. The install looked easy enough and I figured it would be a 30 minute job... Wrong!

Here's a picture of the offending faucet..

Any time the handle was moved, it leaked very badly. To start with, I had to remove the three drawers. The water line is moved, because I accidentally turned the water heater propane switch on. As it started heating up, antifreeze started coming from the unhooked water line.

I was going to start the job, by removing the old faucet. When I contorted myself into the bottom drawer opening, I found that I would not be able to remove the ring holding the faucet to the sink. The tabs holding the sink down were easily accessible, so the sink had to come out. Once the tab screws were removed, I went topside to pull it up and out of the hole. I think Sunline must have used gorilla glue's cousin to hold the sink in place! It took me 20 minutes to get the sink out of the hole!

It took me an hour to get the old adhesive caulk off the counter and the sink itself. When I started cleaning the sink, I found one of the screw tab mounts had broken off.

That mount can be easily reattached at a later time, so I saved it.

The new faucet came with an optional deck plate, for sinks with three holes. Putting it on was the easiest part of the install!

I got the new faucet put on and ran a bead of caulk around the underside of the sink. This sink must have been designed for easy install. There was a groove around the entire edge for caulk.

The sink was then dropped back in place and the excess caulk cleaned up. I screwed the mounting tabs back in, then hooked up the water lines and it's done!

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice job! That screw tab doesn't look like it'll be too hard of a fix.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote