Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #1

SUN #734
pzsunline2
2363 ideas for tv set?

We have lots of experience with Sunlines, this is our first one with NO place for a tv set but on the counter top. Makes no sense, and did not want to buy a LCD set quite yet. Any ideas of what to do to mount one some where? We love this little thing, its so cute and cozy inside. She was going out for whole sale due to a soft spot in the floor, "which is not fixed as of yet", but we are going to make her great again. 2000 was a good yr, love the color, love the layout, would love to find some new Solaris and the 35 anniversary decals to replace ours. I am open to some good ideas for tv location though........

Now a 00' 2363 Sunline going round again with 4 Yorkies, 1 Lab/pittie, 1 Shih Tzus going a campin'.
pzsunline2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #2

SUN #703
SimonKenton
Re: 2363 ideas for tv set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzsunline2
We have lots of experience with Sunlines, this is our first one with NO place for a tv set but on the counter top. Makes no sense, and did not want to buy a LCD set quite yet. Any ideas of what to do to mount one some where? We love this little thing, its so cute and cozy inside. She was going out for whole sale due to a soft spot in the floor, "which is not fixed as of yet", but we are going to make her great again. 2000 was a good yr, love the color, love the layout, would love to find some new Solaris and the 35 anniversary decals to replace ours. I am open to some good ideas for tv location though........
It depends on the size of your TV. We use a 9" tv/dvd set between the sink overhead and front overhead. I used the sink cover. It just fits the space. I drilled 4 3/8" holes in the bottom rails of the overheads and inserted short pieces of 3/8" dowel rod so they stick out about 3/4". Add a little wood glue so they don't work themselves out. I use the sink cover upside down and slightly modified. Mark where the dowells contact the cover when it is in place and then gouge out the areas to a shallow depth of about 1/8". This keeps the cover in place while traveling. The TV usually sets on the floor while we are on the road and some hats or other light stuff goes on the shelf. The handle cutout on the cover is a convienient area to route the wires down to power and antenna.
If you want, I can send pictures of my installation.
SimonKenton

Old 11-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #3

SUN #734
pzsunline2
Sounds good

That sounds like a good invention, and yes, I would love to see your pics of it. We currently are using a 13 in tv set, but we have a 9 inch on the flip up table in the bedroom we could swap out. Its not as much as the mounting idea, as a safe place to put a tv while cooking, and moving around in the camper. Sunline always had nice spots for tv sets in all the other models we owned, one favorite in small rv's was the top of the refrigerator that they made all the hook ups available. We camp seasonal in a 07' 34 ft Jayco, but the nagging thought of owning a little Sunline again just would not quit. We were so happy to find one last month for sale. Thanks for the help,
Now a 00' 2363 Sunline going round again with 4 Yorkies, 1 Lab/pittie, 1 Shih Tzus going a campin'.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #4

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
We have a 1997 T-2363. Since everything is going digital in February, we decided to buy a new tv. Found a Sylvania 20" digital LCD model #LC200SL8 for a reasonable price. We just set it on the narrow part of the counter between the sink and the sofa (above the short flip-up table) and the antenna hook-up is right there. It's a flat panel with a small footprint (base is 8" deep) and weighs less than 12 lbs. It can also be taken off of the base and mounted to the wall with an option mount. Trouble is, the only wall space is the front of the bathroom wall then it would be in the way of the microwave door. Or on the wall right inside the entry door but worried about what trouble we'd run into with the thermostat there and the refridgerator on the back of it. Either of those spots, and we'd need to run cable to reach the antenna. It sits nice on the counter though and we have a small dvd player next to it toward the front window. Since it's digital, it picks up the digital substations and has great reception. When traveling, we just put it back in the box and under the bed--it fits perfectly.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #5

SUN #703
SimonKenton
Re: Sounds good

Quote:
That sounds like a good invention, and yes, I would love to see your pics of it. We currently are using a 13 in tv set, but we have a 9 inch on the flip up table in the bedroom we could swap out. Its not as much as the mounting idea, as a safe place to put a tv while cooking, and moving around in the camper. Sunline always had nice spots for tv sets in all the other models we owned, one favorite in small rv's was the top of the refrigerator that they made all the hook ups available. We camp seasonal in a 07' 34 ft Jayco, but the nagging thought of owning a little Sunline again just would not quit. We were so happy to find one last month for sale. Thanks for the help,
I have the pictures but I don't know how to post them.
I can send them as an email attachment but I need your email address.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #6

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKenton
Quote:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...opic.php?t=179 here is a link on how to post photos.....just watch the size....don't make them too large!

Remember we all like to see photos!!!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #7

SUN #703
SimonKenton
Re: Sounds good - Pictures for TV shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKenton
Quote:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...opic.php?t=179 here is a link on how to post photos.....just watch the size....don't make them too large!

Remember we all like to see photos!!!!!
I hope this is sucessful. Here are the pictures:

Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #8

SUN #734
pzsunline2
Sink cover as tv shelf

I think this is the greatest website, to still share the Sunline interest in life! Thanks for the photo's, what a neat idea. Also the LCD tv is also a perfect set up for the 2363 and that narrow counter top.
SimonKenton, what a great way to use that big waste of space up there by the front cabinet, but for the life of me, as the lady of the RV I could not figure out, until the pics came, how to use a sink cover as a tv shelf LOL!!!! This one is definately a keeper!!! It prob. would retro fit quite a lot of other models too. You never know.....Thanks all the help.