Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #1

SUN #2177
christid01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lake George, NY / Paradise Pines

Hi, We will be camping at Paradise Pines at Lake George NY from 15 July to the 19th. Would like to meet any other Sunline owners that might be there, so don't be shy. I really need someone to teach me a little bit about refrigerators.

If anyone has any info on the Lake George area, I'm looking for a good family style restaurant. Any other notes on the area are encouraged too.

Thanks!

christid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #2

SUN #1591
GKLarson is an unknown quantity at this point
I know nothing about the village of L George except that it's busy & very crowded w/ tourists during the summer.
However, the lake itself & surrounding forest is magnificent w/ another jaw -dropping view around every corner. If you've access to a boat a cruise up thru the narrows past Montcalm Pt & around some of it's 200 islands will leave you breathless. A hike along the shoreline trail from Shelving Rock to Red Rock bay is highly recommended. More than one guidebook author has called it one of best level walks in the world. W/O a boat you can access it from Shelving Rock Rd. The Tongue Mt range which extends into the lake between the narrows & Northwest bay has a great loop hike along it's spine & back along the shore to trailhead.
If you're not that ambitious from Smith St in village there's a 2mile foot trail to Prospect Mt or you can even drive up. Be sure to take in view from base of unused firetower. Enjoy

Old 07-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #3

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
GKLarson is right on all counts. If you want a little quiet you might google restaurants in Queensbury not far to the south to avoid crowds. Saratoga is maybe 30 minutes to the south but racing season starts about that time. You might travel up to Ticonderoga for a little more history too. The Sunday brunch tour on one of the paddle boats (Lac du Saint Sacrement I think) is great with dancing too. You'll need reservations for that.

I wish I could join you but we have a family reunion at that time. Have a ball.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #4

SUN #1591
GKLarson is an unknown quantity at this point
revised info

When I googled up Paradise Pines I find it's actually in North Hudson, NY, which is a long way from even the top of 35mile long Lake George & over 40 miles by way of I-87 from the village @ South end of L George.

The Boreas rd which runs W from exit #29 of I-87 @ Paradise Pines is an interesting drive. Also, Rt 74 which travels E from exit #30 to Ticonderoga is another scenic drive

If you want some specific info for adventures near or within reasonable driving distance of N Hudson let us know. I'm surprised Paradise Pines/Jellystone Park bills itself as a L George destination ???

BTW if you want some good reading re the very historic L George area try some of Kenneth Roberts novels or James Fennimore Cooper's "Last of the Mohican's"
Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #5

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
You're closer to Schroon Lake for restaurants. For that matter, you're not too far from Lake Placid where you'll find every type of restaurant. Take rt 73 off the Northway to the north for a day trip and beautiful scenery through the high peaks of the Adirondacks on the way. (maybe an hour) You're right, a North Hudson park shouldn't be billed as a Lake George area park but it is in a nice part of New York. You're less than an hour from Ausable Chasm and less than 90 minutes past Lake Champlain to the Canadian Border.

Lake George is beautiful but being a small town New Yorker who doesn't like crowds, I prefer North Hudson myself. Enjoy.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote