Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #1

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Central New York RV Show March 4-7

If you're there this Saturday, stop me and say hi. I'll be the one in the Sunline Club sweatshirt.

have fun

2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
We just returned from the Philadelphia RV show in Oaks, PA. We didn't see any trailers that we liked as well as the Tweety. Seems every time we go to a show it just reinforces how much we love our Sunline. We were talking to the owner of one of the Philadelphia RV dealers who seemed to know alot about the construction of Sunlines. He even mentioned "bud board." They must have sold Sunline in the past because he told us if we decide to get something new he'd love to have ours in trade, that they are quality built He also told us we wouldn't see anything at the show up to Sunline quality!
What we did see that was interesting was a Montana 5th Wheel that has the living room in the front overlooking the kitchen which is in the middle. The bedroom was in the back. It was pretty cool and most people who were in it seemed impressed.
There was a cute little Itasca Reyo motorhome that reminded me of the QUE inside.
The only thing we bought was a box of Girl Scout cookies

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Pam,

Gary & I were in one of those front LR Montanas' when we went to the Chantilly, VA RV show. I really like the layout, but ah, it just wasn't a Sunline. I remember several years back Fleetwood made several of their "names" with the front LR.

It seems that the trend this year is towards the darker interiors, it does look nice, but I'm not sure I would like it ALL the time.

Did you see any "Open Range" RV's. They are the ones that have the kitchen cabinets done in a sorta off white antique color, while the rest of the rig is done in dark wood. That did not appeal to me at all.

About the only thing that Gary & I saw that we both agreed on was an Excel, so should anything ever happen to Sunny 17, we'd have to shop for a used Excel. But, I guess that also eliminates a LOT of shopping with just one brand to look for
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
Kitty,
Yep we saw the Open Range and Steve and I looked at the wierd grayish top kitchen cabinets with the dark bottom ones and said "yuck."
The other trend we saw was the outdoor kitchen, which lots of people were oohing an aahing about, but I wasn't that thrilled by the amount of the outdoor storage they used up.
Then there was a 42' $400K motorhome (on sale for $250K) that we went in just for fun of course. It didn't have a permenant bed. The bed was a murphy bed that when you put it down the TV set disappeard because it was built into the underside of the bed....just wierd. Who spends that kind of money and has to deal with a murphybed every night?
Excell wasn't there, but they were at the Reading RV show last year, and we loved it. We said if we ever would go fulltime and stay fulltime (like forever) that's what we'd want. They really build a quality product.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #5

SUN #973
DianeScraps
Send a message via Yahoo to DianeScraps
we went to the Oaks, PA show today.

It really reinforced for us how much we love our Sunline. We saw a few small features that were nice, but no overall trailer that we truly liked better.

The 42' 400K motorhome really made us chuckle - 5 TV's???? Murphy bed with tv on the bottom so when you put the bed down you only have the small tv (maybe a 20 inch)?

There was another that slept like 8 - 10 - but only had a table for 2?

The one with the loft bed was nice, but we have 2 kids and putting them in the same bed would totally not work.

Oh - and as a mom - I do have to say - there was one with 4 bunks, 2 on each side separated by a 2nd bathroom, yeah, I would LOVE to be able to send them each to their own room!

I also loved that going throughout the show kindness and courtesy was extended in many ways. While we were looking at campground brochures an older couple pointed out several campgrounds they had stayed at with their children and enjoyed, other times random strangers would talk over positives and negative of different layouts and features.

1999 T2970 Sunline, Retired 2015

Current Camper is a 2016 Starcraft 28QBS
DianeScraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #6

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
There were over 600 trailers, 5th wheelers and motor homes. A lot of them were very nice and many were very expensive.

Conclusion: We made a wise choice 4 years ago. I like the reassurance from time to time.

I brought two grand sons with me and they learned a new word. "Class A". They even took pictures of some, They say dad just has to get one and I'll bet they'll drive mom and dad crazy today. Sorry guys.

2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote