Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #21

SUN #269
medbill
Send a message via AIM to medbill
I see there are a few spots still available. I'll talk to the Mrs. and see if she'd like to go away for a weekend just to meet you folks that have been so helpful with us and our Sunline.

PS: Shes a GREAT cook.

www.helpeddieryan.com

www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com
medbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #22

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by medbill
I see there are a few spots still available. I'll talk to the Mrs. and see if she'd like to go away for a weekend just to meet you folks that have been so helpful with us and our Sunline.

PS: Shes a GREAT cook.
Bill

That would be great if you can make it. And good food is one of the many side benifts of a M & G... You will fit right in!!!

Hope you can make it. Time is getting closer. YEH!!!

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #23

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any thoughts on the community picnic yet? I assume it will be Saturday night.

Sheri would like to make either her 5 star award winning Chicken and wine sauce or Pork and wine sauce. Well, maybe not award winning yet but rave reviews from her last catering job anyway.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #24

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwb01
Any thoughts on the community picnic yet? I assume it will be Saturday night.

Sheri would like to make either her 5 star award winning Chicken and wine sauce or Pork and wine sauce. Well, maybe not award winning yet but rave reviews from her last catering job anyway.
Paul,

I am presuming that we'll do a group dinner on Saturday evening, too. Sheri's chicken & wine sauce sounds wonderful. I'll get to thinking on a plan for this. There's usually way too much food at these things so give me a couple of days to think on it and I'll post a "fill in the blanks" sign-up sheet.

The count right now is 6 couples. I am making our reservation this Saturday when I get paid which will make 7x2=14 people so far.

There are still 5 sites open in the loop. B loop is closed, but there are 15 sites still available in D loop. Several of them can walk through to C loop so if C fills up, it is still convenient to the M&G area.

If any others can attend, there is still plenty of room and all are welcome. Please post a reply in this thread if you reserve a site and let us know which one.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #25

SUN #89
Hi All

John and Cindy are for sure up for a pot luck. Name it when and where. OK we know where, just when….Assuming it is Saturday night.

I also noticed many are staying Sunday night too. We are leaving on Monday AM. I’ll throw this out to the group, a pancake breakfast. It can even be on Sunday as if more folks do join up and they have to leave on Sunday, they can come and feast and then head out. I have no problem with the cleanup etc. as I have the time. I like camping!! All aspects of it. And this size group is a lot smaller then I’m use too cooking for… Generally it is a 100 some hungry Scouts and Scouters.

In fact, if this is wanted by the group, I have 5 lbs of pancake mix and jug of butter maple syrup to add to the cause. If we go this pancake route, I’m up for organizing/heading it up etc. Just need a few fellow flap jackers that what to help out. And if we do not go this way, that’s OK too. We are up for what ever the group wants to do.

Let us know what every one is thinking. Time is getting closer now. 23 days before we hitch up the Sunline for a 1,500 mile journey with a pit stop of the ADK M & G in the middle. 27 days before we arrive at Nicks lake. And maybe 28 days before we see some of you…

Looking forward to this big time.

John

Old 08-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #26

SUN #387
canoe2
New arrival date

Hi:

Seeing we arrived early last year and had all the good weather before the rain came on Friday we decided to come early this year. Seeing I have more vacation than Lorie I'm coming up early on Wednesday and then will run home and pick her up Thursday afternoon.

I'm really forward to seeing everyone again.

Doug

2005 T2363
2016 Dodge Ram
canoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #27

SUN #264
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
I also noticed many are staying Sunday night too. We are leaving on Monday AM. I’ll throw this out to the group, a pancake breakfast. It can even be on Sunday as if more folks do join up and they have to leave on Sunday, they can come and feast and then head out. I have no problem with the cleanup etc. as I have the time. I like camping!! All aspects of it. And this size group is a lot smaller then I’m use too cooking for… Generally it is a 100 some hungry Scouts and Scouters.

In fact, if this is wanted by the group, I have 5 lbs of pancake mix and jug of butter maple syrup to add to the cause. If we go this pancake route, I’m up for organizing/heading it up etc. Just need a few fellow flap jackers that what to help out. And if we do not go this way, that’s OK too. We are up for what ever the group wants to do.
That sounds like a plan to me! We have a very large non-stick Calphalon griddle which sits perfectly on a two burner Coleman stove. It cooks better flapjacks and french toast than any other surface I have ever used. It lives in the trailer in camping season and we have the stove to go with it.

Whatever you need for the breakfast, let us know in here. I also have some buckwheat pancake mix and some hazelnut buttermilk mix that I'll bring along.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #28

SUN #264
We are now booked for Site 38 from Thursday through Monday. Depending on our schedules, we may come up on Wednesday, but that will be a last minute decision for us.

There are still sites available in C Loop!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #29

SUN #89
Steve

GREAT!! Well we now have at least 2 cooks for a pancake breakfast on Sunday AM. Any one else interested in eating?

We are arriving on Wednesday leaving on Monday. It seems like we will have a good amount of us there before and after the official arrive Friday night leave Sunday morning M & G dates.

To the rest of our Sunline friends:

I'll ask, not pushing, but since there are so many of us there in advance and after, would we like to plan a meal gathering time on Friday and Sunday nights?

Meaning we leave Saturday as the big pot luck share a meal but,

Friday and Sunday we agree on a time for supper. We all cook our own meals (no hassles on what to make etc) and show up at the group gathering site to dine together at a preset time. Key is we at least know who is coming or not so we do not start in eating away until they arrive. If folks have different plans then they can do their own thing too and that is A OK. Just for those of us there we at least know going in there will be a meal gathering at a preset time. And anyone coming in on Friday can join in too or not as time is hectic for just setting up camp.

We have attended several other non Sunline M & G’s and all are very good. You meet many new people and make several new good friends from these things. There is a real nice bonding that goes one when breaking bread together. After supper turns into a night yak and shoot the breeze event, but that is part of what these events are all about. Meeting new camper friends and enjoying good times together.

And there is the fact that if someone does not suggest an event, then many times folks do not want to impose and even sugest it. So I’m just asking as at our last non Sunline M & G no one asked and we dined by ourselves for several nights as no one asked and we felt we did not want to impose either….,and well gee why didn’t someone suggest it…. .

So anyone up for a night time Friday and Sunday meal gathering and if so what time?

To start this out, we are…

Suggestion: Friday and Sunday night dining event (bring your own meal) at 5:45PM at the group site.

Only reasoning for 5:45 was a compromise between 5:30 and 6:00 and there should still be good daylight left by the time we are done. However the locals from the area know the daylight better. I forgot what NY day light is in late Sept.

And, we are A OK if the groups does not want to do this or other times too….

Days now getting shorter until “The Camper 2” heads northeast. ….

Thanks

John and Cindy

Old 08-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #30

SUN #264
John,

A Friday evening group meal sounds grand to me.

If memory serves, Kathy will likely get Site 54 registered for us by early afternoon on Friday. Mike has his monster tarp to be set up, and then we'll move some picnic tables from our sites to the group site. Those two projects require at least one favorite beverage and lots of sidewalk supervision.

Last year, we had quite a bit of rain on Saturday and Sunday so we had to hastily put some sides on the canopy. Given the amount of wet weather we've had this year in the Adirondacks, I think we'd better plan on adding sides when we put up the canopy. I have 3 6x12 tarps that we used last year and they worked pretty well. Mike has some, and I've got another couple that can be made to work. Mike's canopy is about 25x25 so it makes a real nice dining room, even in wet weather.

I have two propane coleman lanterns that will help light up the place, and if anyone else has one, we can use them, too.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #31

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Collins
John,

A Friday evening group meal sounds grand to me.

If memory serves, Kathy will likely get Site 54 registered for us by early afternoon on Friday. Mike has his monster tarp to be set up, and then we'll move some picnic tables from our sites to the group site. Those two projects require at least one favorite beverage and lots of sidewalk supervision.

Snip...

Mike has some, and I've got another couple that can be made to work. Mike's canopy is about 25x25 so it makes a real nice dining room, even in wet weather.

I have two propane coleman lanterns that will help light up the place, and if anyone else has one, we can use them, too.
25 x 25...that is a portable garage

I just gave my 40 x 30 tarp to my daughter 2 weeks ago. Had to use it to cover the side of the house. House next door burnt and melted off here vinyl siding. But….

I do have several more. 2 smaller ones live in the camper for wet times and I have several in the shed along with some telescoping poles. I’ll make a point that they end up in the F350 and if we need them, we have them. I have stakes and buggies too.

I have a liquid fuel Coleman lantern that comes camping with us, so this is one more.

Well it looks like we have at least 2 campers worth for a Friday meal gathering and at least 2 for a pancake breakfast on Sunday.

I’m sure the rest of the group will chime in soon.

OK now to water activities. I actually have 2 canoes and all the gear but to haul my Mad River canoe all the way to the M & G I’m still questioning. Are there rentals at the park? That Lake in Mikes video is calling me….big time.

This is going to be great!

John

Old 08-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #32

SUN #264
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
OK now to water activities. I actually have 2 canoes and all the gear but to haul my Mad River canoe all the way to the M & G I’m still questioning. Are there rentals at the park? That Lake in Mikes video is calling me….big time.
There are canoe rentals at Nick's Lake, but I don't know if they continue past Labor Day. A lot of peak season services fade away at that point.

Kathy might know better.

As for toting along the canoe, I am probably not the one to ask as I almost always bring mine along.
Here's our standard travel pic:

Motors aren't allowed on Nick's Lake so we'll likely leave the boat and Jeep at home. I owe Gail a canoe ride, and Nick's is a great place for that.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #33

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

If memory serves, Kathy will likely get Site 54 registered for us by early afternoon on Friday.
This has already been reserved & paid for....I'll collect the $ for the site when we know for sure how many of us there are!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #34

SUN #264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana
Quote:

If memory serves, Kathy will likely get Site 54 registered for us by early afternoon on Friday.
This has already been reserved & paid for....I'll collect the $ for the site when we know for sure how many of us there are!
I was more referring to what time we'd be able to occupy the site and begin setting up for the weekend...

Old 08-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #35

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was more referring to what time we'd be able to occupy the site and begin setting up for the weekend...
I'll be up early morning to register........
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #36

SUN #264
Quote:
I'll be up early morning to register........
Thanks, Kathy!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:55 PM   #37

SUN #89
Quote:

There are canoe rentals at Nick's Lake, but I don't know if they continue past Labor Day. A lot of peak season services fade away at that point.

Kathy might know better.

As for toting along the canoe, I am probably not the one to ask as I almost always bring mine along.
Here's our standard travel pic:

Motors aren't allowed on Nick's Lake so we'll likely leave the boat and Jeep at home. I owe Gail a canoe ride, and Nick's is a great place for that.
Steve, Gee you do bring all the toys along.... However it looks like you might have a rack on the truck to support the canoe.

Here see one of mine. I can peddle or paddle. Bike on the TT tongue.

But I'm on the foam blocks for the canoe. Going short distances is OK with these and I have had no problems even on 350 mile trip. But I have a 1,500 round trip to Nicks lake and the rest of the gallivanting we will be doing and it has me rethinking the canoe haul with foam blocks that long.

I'll call the park to see what will be available at that time.

Thanks

John

Old 08-31-2009, 09:00 PM   #38

SUN #67
264SRinPA
John,
You need to get yourself a set of thule or yakima roof racks. You'd be amazed what you can load on your roof with one of those rack systems. I've already had 4 kayaks & 2 bikes, 6 kayaks, 3- 16' canoes, and 1- 16' canoe & 2 kayaks on a thule rack. I'd never own another truck without one.
Sunlines= '06-2075, '06-264SR
264SRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #39

SUN #264
I confess, there's a simple pipe frame in the front of the bed. The canoe is held down with two rachet straps to the frame. The only other anchor point is at the rear. I built a special wooden post that sits in the hitch holes in the bumper and leans against the tailgate. It's held in place with a couple of straps that connect to a pin that goes through the tie point in the bow of the canoe. I'll take a couple of pics in the morning.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #40

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 264SRinPA
John,

You'd be amazed what you can load on your roof with one of those rack systems. I've already had 4 kayaks & 2 bikes, 6 kayaks, 3- 16' canoes, and 1- 16' canoe & 2 kayaks on a thule rack. I'd never own another truck without one.
Mike OK you mean all at once??? or in the coma seperated combos? No matter how you cut it, thats a lot.

Got pics? Your F250 is not that different in the roof dept.

Steve, Ah ha. I thought there was something in there. In the 1 sq inch of unused space....

You guys keep this up and I'll have a project on my hands....

Thanks

John