Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #1

SUN #52
sunline1950
Winterizing Advice

How many Sunliners out there do there own winterizing? This will be out first winter (Madison, WI, area) for us with the trailer. I read the instructions on the Sunline Website and we would have to do a wet winterizing since we don't have the air pressure, but it really doesn't seem all that complicated. The local dealership wants $60 for them to do it. Should we do it ourselves? Don't want to take a chance on hurting the plumbing, though.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #2

SUN #34
Divebmbr
I am new to this too and have never winterized a trailer. I asked tons of questions about it when I purchased my TT and it seems pretty easy. However, I was thinking that for the first time I might pay them to do it. $60 is a little to pay to know it is done right. But, I planed on telling them they had to teach me what to do while they were doing it and taking notes. The following year I would do it myself.

Otherwise I think it is very easy and straight foward. I think anyone could do it themselves but there is nothing like a little confidence booster. $10's plus for the anti-freeze, what's another $50 when you're not sure? Just my $0.02. Good luck.

I am moving to FL from NJ in 4 weeks so winterizing hopefully won't even be a concern.

Reese DC
Divebmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #3

SUN #49
tikibob
winterise

Hi Sunline 1950,
We also havea 1950 and last winter was our first time and we never owned a tt before and like you we read the manual and did it ourselves.However we did call sunline and received the encouragement that we needed to do it.Ifyou followthe manual you can do and the only cost to you is the antifreeze and if you do feel you need some help sunline will guideyouthrough it.As long as you get pink liquid coming from every spickot hot and cold and don't forget the outside shower and you put the antifreeze in thr traps and emptyallthe tanks (black,grey,fresh and hot water}you will be fine.I don't know if the dealer will be willing to teach you but if he will and you feel better if you saw it done then go for it.
I am not very handy but after speaking to sunline and reading the manual I did it and allwae well.I know how you feel as our tt was brand new and I was not going to attempt it either.Any way good luck which ever way you go.
Tikibob
Old 10-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #4

SUN #52
sunline1950
Thanks for everyone's advice on the winterizing. We ended up doing it ourselves, not so much to save the $60 the dealership wanted to do it, but we didn't want to tow it out there and back with gas prices being what they are. That ads about $30 to our cost, actually! Plus the time commitment. Turns out it wasn't a big deal at all. We do not have a hot water bypass, so we did need to buy about 8 gallons of the pink antifreeze. We were glad we read about emptying the city water hookup connection, wouldn't have thought to do that and there was quite a bit of water in it. A question though... We figure the only antifreeze we will be able to save for next fall will be what we drain out of the faucets and hot water heater. Figure everything in the black and grey tank will be a loss. Is that right?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:01 PM   #5

SUN #62
rich2500
that time of year already
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote