Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Window leaking & Hederson Beach State Park FL

Well Hello fellow Sunline owners;

Judy and I just returned home to Canada following a very great trip to Henderson Beach in Destin Fl. We also went to Zepherhills and a quick stop at Disney. Henderson Beach was so relaxing to just be there and walk on the beach and not worry about anything. We are looking to return next May for two weeks instead of 11 days. Also in those eleven days we had to move 6 times as we found the park late and could not get one spot for the whole time.

There was a lot of rain in FL. as most of you probably know and when we went to bed one night we found the pillows and a bit of the sheets were wet. It wasn't too bad and since Judy packs a hair drier we used it to dry the affected areas. My question is has anyone else had leaking around the front window in their 2499? WE have looked as close as we can and not been able to figure out where it is coming in. On the way home on Tues. coming through Ohio there was a bit of rain and again we had a little dampness.

One other question we have is with the Digital age upon us we bought a set top box some places it works well others not so much. At Camper World we saw an add on to the bat wing antenna and we were wondering if anyone has tried it. It looks as if it clamps on the center and has little arms that stick out of a center post. Has anyone tried it and was it worth the 27.00 price tag? The digital box we have will seize up from time to time such as when a plane flies over or a large truck goes by. Sometimes we only were able to receive a couple stations. Over all we enjoy having the box even to use in our own yard.

Thank you for the help and Happy Camping to all.

Ted

tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #2

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Henderson Beach

Definitely a magic place, a lot of space, unbelievable sand and beautiful sites.

Norm Milliard

Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #3

SUN #680
dkasten39828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ted, we have a 2004 2499, too. I have not noticed any leaks up front around the window. If it's actually leaking around that window, I would suspect the seal between the window and the body of the coach.

Camping World sold me some putty tape in a roll that I've used on my old popup. It's what I would use if I needed to re-seal the front window on the Sunline.

We've camped at Henderson before and YES, the sites are nice, the beach is GREAT. Of the three Florida State Parks in that area, (Grayton, Henderson and Topsail) we like Henderson the best. The only advantages Topsail has is full hookups and concrete pads. Remember, the Bass Pro Shops is closer to Henderson!

We've got one of the digital converter/tuner boxes for our coach, too. We have seen similar results to yours when using it. I've considered replacing the head unit on the Winegard antenna with the newer model (model III, supposedly designed for digital & HD), but this add-on is supposed to be designed specifically to enhance the UHF digital signals and is less costly than the replacement antenna head unit. We may try one of these Wingman add-ons first.
5.3 liter V8, 3.73LS, Prodigy, Hensley Arrow
2004 Sunline Solaris SE T-2499 #5527
dkasten39828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #4

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkasten39828
We've got one of the digital converter/tuner boxes for our coach, too. We have seen similar results to yours when using it. I've considered replacing the head unit on the Winegard antenna with the newer model (model III, supposedly designed for digital & HD), but this add-on is supposed to be designed specifically to enhance the UHF digital signals and is less costly than the replacement antenna head unit. We may try one of these Wingman add-ons first.
Before you spend any money to upgrade your antenna, etc., wait until after June 12th when the conversion actually takes place. You will need to rescan your convertor box then as many of the stations are moving their digital signals to their permanent frequency assignments. A lot of the stations have been operating on temporary digital channels.

Several of our local stations are predicting that their signals will improve once they turn off the analog transmitters and move to their final digital frequencies. By how much is uncertain as they have to shut off analog first to really know.

I suspect that this is going to be pretty common everywhere.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Ted

On both of our 2004 campers we have not had any front window leaks. The T2499 sleeps still in the shed but the T310SR sleeps outside until a roof over her comes to be. Maybe next year.

However, 2004 was a year of build where Sunline had a real bad batch of roof vents. And lucky me, I have 2 TT’s worth of them. Sunline gave me new ones under warranty on the T2499 and on the T310SR I had to by myself and install. The steel and plastic literally rots to the point of total disintegration. Even under a Max air cover….

But that is the roof vent and if you are positive it does not come in thru there, then have no ideas for you.

But, if you do have a leak, now is the time to find it and deal with it. If it is getting into the frame work and insulation, that can be bad news long term. To trouble shoot you may have to force the leak with a water hose.

Good luck and glad your travels have brought you back home safe. Missed you this year. Bummer.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote