Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #1

SUN #695
minidiesel
Where do Sunline's fall

Where do Sunline's fall in the category of upper line campers to lower line campers? Considering quality of materials and quality of construction. What are some of the names of the ones that rank higher than Sunline? Thanks

Old 09-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #2

SUN #21
donreitz
Back when I belonged to RV.net there were three RV brands that consistently brought out a loyal and enthusiastic following of customers in numbers well beyond any other brand. Those were Sunline, Sunnybrook, and Artic Fox/Nash. With run-of-the-mill brands you'd get responses both positive and negative. With these three you almost never heard a bad thing said about them. Customer satisfaction is probably a good indicator of the quality of construction of these makes and their customer service. Undoubtedly you can find fancier units, but if you're willing to pay a premium in price and weight for quality construction, these three would be hard to beat. There's always Airstream, of course, but they're a whole different ballgame and aren't amenable to direct comparison with other RVs.
Don

donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd put Sunline right in with Holiday Rambler, Airstream. Glendale, Sunnybrook, Some folks might say Artic Fox/Nash, but I've looked at some of those and felt Sunline was a tad better from what I observed on the inside. (IMHO) Maybe others will add more.

Keystone, Forrest River, Coachman, Dutchman, Fleetwood and a few others would not be on my shopping list.

But, opinions vary,

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
I agree with Don and Kitty with a few updates.

Last year we where looking really hard as we wanted a larger unit then our T2499. So we hunted and hunted for months. Owning a Sunline prior I knew what I was not going to settle for and that was anything less then where I was at. After giving up on the other brands I was lucky we got a tip from a good camper friend here on the forum and found the camper of our dreams, used and in outstanding shape. When we walked in it, it just jumped out at us like the first we owned did and said Yes this is it. So we are now set for a real long time.

Sunny Brook was on the list however then came off the list when I found out last year they stopped making there high end Titian model. They are now selling the Sunset Creak line. Yes it is good, but nothing in comparison to the Sunline or the Sunny Brook Titian.

The Artic Fox is an option as well as far as build quality. However the darker interior color scheme did not jump out and say, yes this is it for us. It may you.

Komfort would be on the look list for me. I have heard good things about them and they sort of started out like Sunline many years ago. However they are west coast and I can’t find any to even look at here on the east coast

Jayco is a maybe. They Eagle line. They stopped making the Designer line, same reasons as Sunnybrook did. There are only a few that will pay for the high end campers at high end prices. I did a Jayco factory tour this summer with a camping buddy who is a Jayco owner. Jayco’s story of the company is very similar to Sunlines when it started. Two Amish brothers building campers in a garage. And Jayco, I never realized how big they actually are. They are big and family owned.

For the quality and value and price Sunline is a great camper that is in the high end campers.

Be cautious on other brands that have tons of different models. Each model up has more eye candy and they can sell it for more. But just lift up the eye candy and look under it on how it is built. Sunline had both the high end appliances and other offerings along with the build quality under it.

RV net was mentioned. Find a brand you are wanting to investigate. Go to there search box and type in that manufacture and hit go. Read all the hits on it. Campers talk about their campers. Both good and bad. If you want to find one with roof leaks, quality problems, customer service problems etc people talk. Now talk is free but with enough people signing the same song, it means, heads up check it out further if that is the brand is where you have your heart set on.

I found Sunline because of RV net. I did just what I told you above and I only found 1 unhappy Sunline owner out of the hundreds of raving Sunlines loyalist. Which now I am one of.

Good luck and hope you find the Sunline you want like we all have.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #5

SUN #21
donreitz
Bigfoot is a Canadian manufacturer with a very good reputation. You don't hear much about them but what you do hear is that they are attractive, well built, and very expensive.
Don
donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #6

SUN #53
irishguy101
To me Sunline is the Top of the line, I would put a Sunline up with any other top brand.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #7

SUN #256
Bobo
A fellow camper of mine went to a show and saw this brand, Open Range. He said that it was very impressive in layout and workmanship. He was told that the guy heading up this new brand used to be " a bigwig at Newmar ".

www.openrangerv.com

I'll have to check it out at the shows.

Bobo

2001 Coleman Utah
2006 Sunline T-2499
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote