Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #1

SUN #187
precorguy
Whats it worth?

Good day:

we have a T2553 2007 model year - the trailer is in good condition - whats recent:

> new goodyear tires (2010)
> total recaulking (2010)
> new spring (2010)
> new dexter suspension

we are now thinking that giving the increasing cost of gas that we are going to have to rethink the rving thing

does anyone have an idea of on what the trailer would be worth as we are thinking of selling it.

your help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

axle flip, back up lights, awning support, sewer hose carrier, 12V ouside plug, hinged top LP cover
Upcoming: ensclose underbelly, TV mount?
precorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's the NADA:

2007 Sunline M-2553 - 26' Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

Unfortunately recent events have caused me to say this, but of course you are free to try to ask whatever you wish. I simply provide advice here based on the units I've seen for sale. Asking more may or may not mean the trailer is on the market longer and it may or may not be more difficult to sell at a higher price.

Here are my thoughts:
- The 2007s seem to be at low quantities in the market right now. I'm not sure why, it could be that all the leftovers were finally sold and people are satisfied with them for the time being. I've seen the units go in waves, and the late '80s/very early '90s stuff is plentiful right now, and the early 2000s stuff (2000-2004) is especially plentiful.
- I think you shouldn't have a problem getting the NADA value. I'm not sure how your location plays into this though. In PA or close areas, it could bring 14-15k, and probably toward the lower end of that in other areas where the name isn't as established.
- When you refer to total recaulking, do you mean for the roof seams?
- I would be selective about what you advertise, the spring really means nothing. The axle flip is worth mentioning, but don't just say it as a suspension because then someone may think something went wrong with the old one. The key is to emphasize upgrade... Also mention the recaulking if it was the roof, but if you did like the windows or something, that could be seen that there was water damage...
- Also, good, current pictures are key to a quick, successful sale. Craigslist works quite well and when you can put up some extra larger pictures using Photobucket or another hosting site (use the HTML code), people get a good idea of what they are getting into and the people who contact you will be more interested and less curious, which will save you time when actually dealing with potential buyers.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #3

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone said that when selling online is to write a description like there are no pictures and show pictures like there are no words. That being said, your ad should be simple enough to inform if everything is working properly. Anything else is trying to scare away potential buyers. After you tell them all is working great and they come to see the unit you can tell what you have done, if they ask.

As for price I think you'll know what the value is if you do some searching of the existing market, not just Sunlines. Ask a consignment lot what they would do for you and look at units they have on the lot. This will help you for starting price figues locally. Then place your unit in the mix where you feel comfortable about it. Like I have said before to set the price as high as possible and allow the interested party to talk you down some. It still gives you the best bang for your buck and makes the buyer feel they have been a wheeler dealer. Potental buyers that do not see the value as you do or try to talk you down too much are probably looking to resell or a steal. Why give them the profit money you should pocket if you will only wait?

In the end nothing is worth more that what someone is willing to pay, but that also should include what someone is willing to sell for. Watching something sell for a rediculous price on ebay omits the details. Even the blue book omits the details of sales. Did someone inherit a unit and only want to sell and any price? Was the owner wanting to sell to get out from under the unit before gas prices hit $6 a gallon? It does take two to tango. Learn the dance steps that you should make and those of your partner.

Good luck with your sale.

jim
Old 02-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
I have to agree with Jon on what to mention. Not being the techy type if you say new springs and axel I'm thinking what happened to the old ones? caulking - was it leaking? Especially on a trailer as new as 2007. If I was buying, like new, axle flip, lots of storage, big kitchen and walk around bed are all things I'd be looking for and hard to find in a 26' trailer with no slide. The more pictures you have the better because Sunlines really are pretty inside
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #5

SUN #78
tedontario
The price of gas!! It is a shame, I think, to have to get out of the RV life style. Here where we live near the US Border the price is now 1.18.9 per LT. There are 4 lts per US gallon almost exactly. Thats about 4.76 a US gallon. We plan a trip to Florida in April and now I am on a fixed income (retired) it will be a little harder to make it. The part that makes it seem worth it to us is the fact we want to travel and we don't see how we can go cheaper as we never eat out and can find camping that doesn't break the bank.

The site where we will stay in Florida is 30.00 a night. There are sites along the way that are 20.-22. a night. One site in Ohio is only 15.00 per night. When we look at motels and then eating out RVing looks like a more affordable way to get where we want to go. For sure we won't be on the road for long periods of time but for a much needed crash on the beach in Florida it looks doable

When not traveling long distances we set up in our own yard and just sit back and enjoy. There are also places near us that we like to get to when we want a break from the every day grind

Ted
tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote