Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Weather strip

Hello all you camping buddies;

Okay here is the trouble I'm having and I'm sure I am not the first to encounter this delima. I am trying to replace the weather strip around the back door on our 2499 and the sides are a piece of cake. The curves at the top just will not stay in. DW says heat it up! Tried it and no differance. Can anyone out there give me a hint as to how to solve this problem.

Thanks for the help and Happy Easter to everyone. Lets get camping EH!
Ted

tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #2

SUN #149
nasa42a
Lightbulb

Ted.....

I've had the same problem with replacing weatherstrip on almost any radius curve. I have my best results if I start adhering the weatherstrip on the curve itself....and then working outward to the sides.

Frank

nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #3

SUN #78
tedontario
Thank you Frank for the input. Isn't it nice the straight aways are so much longer than the corners. Well the weather stripping is now done! Thanks to DW who said try to put it in other way up. I also put a tiny amount of teflon spray at the corners. This seemed to help it spread out instead of popping back out. Anyway it is done and looks good which is the plan. Now the next is the awning repair and weatherstrip at the roof edge. I did the left side a couple years ago so the right should be a peace of cake, and who does not like cake

Ted
Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedontario View Post
Thanks to DW who said try to put it in other way up. I also put a tiny amount of teflon spray at the corners. This seemed to help it spread out instead of popping back out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedontario View Post
I am trying to replace the weather strip around the back door on our 2499 and the sides are a piece of cake. The curves at the top just will not stay in.
Ted, Were you talking about the black foam weather striping on the "inside" of the door OR the white vinyl cover on the "outside" of the door flange covering over the screws?

I had thought you were talking about the black foam weather strip on the inside. Then when you said put teflon on it.... well it can't be the inside adhesive sticky stuff....

I have not done the inside, did do the outside. In my case the outside went in OK but I reused what came out and it was pre stress round.

Glad all is good now.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #5

SUN #78
tedontario
Yes John it was the strip on the outside that covers the screws. Every time I tried to put it in and there were many it would just pop out at the two top curves. Judy said wait until it warms up or use a hair dryer. I tried the hair dryer but the same results. Then Judy said try the other way up so the edges which have a tip to them can slide in easier. Well that worked and the job is done. When I do the roof edge I put in new stripping and then use a clear caulking on it. Worked well on the left edge now to get the right done.
Thanks John have a great day
Ted