Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #1

SUN #2693
rich11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Water heater

A WOMEN WITH NO HOT WATER ON FIRST TRIP IS NOT A PRETTY PICTURE!!!
2007 SOLARIS 2363 ATWOOD HEATER 6 GAL
1 Water Heater worked fine on gas for 4 days .Last 2days when switched to gas it would not light pilot.Also when in shower the water cycles from hot to cold first cold then hot ,cant seem to get steady temp no matter how it is adjusted.Also is there an adjustment on heater for water temp.?

2 Going to Maine for 5 days and will have electric hookup, how does this system heat the water?(in case i cant get gas to work)
Thank you all ,again Rich &Deb

Old 09-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Rich and Deb

If you have a 2007 camper, the controls in the HW heater run both gas and electric. So it might be a problem for both.

Did you get a DSI fault light on the tank monitor when the heater stopped working on gas? If no DSI light then is might be in the saftey circuit which is common to both gas and electric.

See the little red light between gas and electric rocker switches. That light will come on for a flame fault, was suppose to be burning and is not.

Please explain "Last 2d ays when switched to gas it would not light pilot" Your year heater does not have a pilot, it has electronic ignition.

When you turn on the heater on gas, do you hear a clunk, (the gas valve opening) followed by click click click (the ignition)? It try's 3 times to light with a gas clearing dwell time between each, then throws a fault code if it will not light and stop trying until reset.

If you are not getting a code and no clunks and clicks, then you may have the classic case of corroded connections on the T start and thermal fuse wiring or the PC board edge. Unpluging them, cleaning and putting them back on clean has been know to cure this. That and adding some dielectic grease on them for long term.

Hope this helps and good luck

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:09 AM   #3

SUN #2693
rich11 is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you very much my mistake on the pilot i undrstand, is there a temp setting on water temp ?
Old 10-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich11 View Post
t is there a temp setting on water temp ?
Not normally. While there is an aftermarket T -Stat that is adjustable, the standard comes with a 140F preset one. I know that is way too hot, the thought is you mix it with cold, use less hot water and the length of time on the tank full goes longer.

If you are getting "extremely" hot, hotter than 140F- more like 150-160, there are times the T stat gets loose from the holder and not touching the tank good.

Quote:
Also when in shower the water cycles from hot to cold first cold then hot ,cant seem to get steady temp no matter how it is adjusted
Sorry I missed this question before, IF this "only" happens in the shower, not in the kitchen sink or bath sink, then I can explain how I do it in the shower.

Since I know the hot comes out really hot on pure hot once it pushes out the cold in the pipe, I only crack open the "hot" and let it purge the cold until it runs hot.

Then mix some cold a little bit and slowly increase cold until it tames down the hot. Then it seems to tweak in better. I might have to tweak down the hot as it it too hot or tweak up the cold but it is good from then on.

This method works on ours. That said we also have a Oxygenic's shower head and a variable speed water pump. Both are upgrades to the standard Sunline issue.

If you way over crank the hot or cold at first, it seemed to fight me all the time which sounds like what you are experiencing. Maybe try just hot part way open, then blend cold and then tweak. Maybe it will help.

Have a good camping trip. Take pics and post. We like to "see" your Sunline adventures.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote