Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #1

SUN #1012
gtsv1000
WANTED QUE USER MANUAL

Hello again, and thanks Norm for the link! I am also looking for a Que 5.4 user manual. If any has one, I would be happy to pay to get a photo copy sent to me. Thanks all,
Greg
gregsvalstad@rvworldyuma.com

Old 02-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline didn't really have a user's manual, just a binder with all the manufacturer's user's manuals (stove, a/c, furnace, etc.), the build sheet (options, etc.) and some "tips" sheets.

If you can find the manuals on line (check the "FILES" section on here) for the "equipment" i.e. Stove, Water Heater, A/C, furnace, etc. you will have the best you'll come up with.

Mack

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Greg,

If you can get me a VIN, with the owner's consent of course, I will be glad to try to get you some ballpark dates for some of the original Sunline paperwork.

Just to confirm, this is Stk# CW12933 we're talking about, right?

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #4

SUN #1012
gtsv1000
Thanks

John and Mack,

Thanks a ton for all your help. Yes, this was stock# CW12933. The VIN is ILC2S3G157D177038. Any information you could provide would be extremely helpful. I can't wait to tell the new owners about this site, they will be thrilled to join! Thanks again guys for being a part of what makes RVing great
-Greg
Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #5

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Greg,

I was sort of hoping it wasn't in that range. There was a very select time in Sunline's production of the Que that they built on some frames and left others for a later date. Because the Que started early, before the official launch of the model year, it was not quite 11 months into production when they shut down, so Sunline put off building on the frames in hard times and they just built what they had orders for. Then at one point near the end, they started building on all the leftovers to push units out the door.

The Que was not a huge seller, 172 total from what I'm told. It was originally designed to be built in batches of 40, which they did in the beginning. Since the Que had relatively few options, most of which could be added after the fact, they built a number of these in the beginning and waited for orders to come in. Well since their marketing strategy was far from successful (if there even was one?), they had a hard time making sales. They were able to get most of the initial ones out the door as special incentives for dealers to try the product line. Some dealers sold those initial one or two coaches, and then bought another. There were about 95 dealers in 2006, and I'd say maybe 10-20% didn't want to sell the Que, maybe a little more. Some, such as RV's of Meritt, where I see this was originally from, might have been strictly a Que dealer, as most in California were. After all, getting something like a Road Runner would be much cheaper than shipping a regular Sunline all the way out there.

So once the promo coaches sold, Sunline thought it would be a big seller and ordered more frames. Unfortunately, the ~$25 price tag turned off many people, so it wasn't. The first Que rolled off the line in late January, 2006 and the first batches hit dealers I'd say in late February/early March. This new batch of frames would have been ordered in late April or very early May. The soonest I have record that they would have built on one was August, but I'd guess around half or more were saved for a later date.

Well that later date finally came in November, shortly before and shortly after the shutdown time of November 10th. Some employees hung around to build up inventory after the official shutdown. This is when the rest of these frames were built on.

So besides the couple in August and the few in November, Que production really stopped around the beginning of April.

Don't fear though, these last few Que's have shown no major quality issues that I know of. In fact I think they have a bit of an advantage over the initial ones because those had a few minor problems associated with any new model. In fact, these later Que's contain an engineering change that moved the axle forward to balance it out more that the early Que's didn't have. I believe it was found that the smaller tow vehicles advertised to be able to pull this coach wouldn't work because the Que ended up having too much tongue weight, so they moved the axle forward significantly and relocated the door. I'm not sure how many were actually built with the axle farther back, not many though.

Also, an even rarer change would be the redesign of the battery box mount. Initially, and for probably over half built, the battery box sat almost on top of the tongue rails. This obstructed entry into the LP tank compartment, so they redesigned the bracket to allow the battery to sit down between the tongue rails. In addition, early Que's didn't receive the matching wood panel for the door of the refrigerator, for I'm guessing a supply reason.

So about the numbers...

Really, it all hinges on the production date. If you are able to contact the owners, it is listed on the D.O.T. label on the side of the coach (month and year).

If it were an August build, I have basically no information. I only know of one and I have no numbers for it.

If it were a November build:

- The order was probably originally placed 5/1/06, regardless of production date. This was basically a placeholder in the computer system, as I assume frames were ordered around the same time.

- Would have had a due date in the first full week of November, 2006.

- Quality Control would have signed off on the unit late in the first week of November or early in the second week.

- Sales order number would be in the ballpark of 252500.

- Work order number would be in the ballpark of 509630.

- The run number, which is the model year followed by a four digit number that I can't find a pattern to, would be something like 072003.

- The RVIA seal number, as I see it is RVIA and not a CSA spec, would be somewhere around S 2017372. Fortunately this is on the coach, so it can still be found.

- The official model is the 5.4 SE, meaning it is approximately 5.4 meters in length (following the European theme) and is the side entry model. All Que's were 5.4 meters long, but there was also a rear entry model called the RE.

- The official name of the interior is Country, and despite the rest of the Sunline models having a choice in 2007, the cherry wood (officially called Cherry Petite) was the only wood choice for the Que.

One last thing, one minor issue with the VIN. The first digit should be a "1", not an "I". You may want to verify on the title to make sure it is a "1", because I'm positive the trailer has a "1". Every Sunline since the 1980.5 model year began with "1LC".

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #6

SUN #1012
gtsv1000
Thanks Jon

Jon,
WOW, thanks for all the info!! The Que we sold was in awesome condition. The tech that prepped it for our customer found NOTHING wrong with it all, and just had to make some minor maintenence repairs. I am surprised that these units weren't better sellers, the quality on the one that we had was excellent. I am sorry that Sunline didn't make it...Being a west coast dealer we don't see too many of them, but the ones we have taken in trade in the past have all seemed to be built extremely well. It also seems that Sunline has a great following! Thanks agian for all the info and help you provided me. Our customers that bought the Que will be happy we were able to get them all the manuals, and I also printed your last reply. I never thought I would be able to get them so much info on this little trailer!! I told them about this site yesterday on the phone and they are excited to join your community when they get back home. Thanks again for everything!!!!
-Greg