Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #1

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Update on Nana Kathy

Hi Everyone!

I thought it was about time that I brought you all up to date on a recent situation that I found myself in!

As some of you know I have been battling with coronary artery disease (CAD) since 2004 having undergone more than five heat cauterization, each one with findings of blockages - the latest one being in November 2008 - the blockages are usually found in the Left Descending Arteries (a/k/a "the widow makers") and right after where a stent was placed......for some reason, I just build plaque around the stinted area - well anyway in November they found the arteries to be 95% and 75% blocked......Doc said no more stents, he just did the balloon angioplasty and opened everything up again.......after the procedure he made the comment that he hoped to get a few years out of the angioplasty.

When I visited the Doctor in December (follow up check up) I told him I was feeling run down and no energy once again........he wanted to do another heart cath which we tentatively scheduled for April,......anyway by the time April rolled around, I was feeling really run down , but then again it was a BIXXX of a tax season this year - Upon the suggestion of the cardiologist I met with the heart surgeon to discuss my options and he was pretty sure the option that was necessary was going to be by-pass surgery. Well I went in on Monday April 6th for another heart cath and they found that the arteries where once again blocked (95% & 75%) and I was scheduled for double by-pass on Wednesday.......

Well here it is April 25th and I can actually say I feel pretty darn good. I do have limitations, which I know what they are and restrict myself to doing what I'm supposed to do....I've been out walking, with Leo, who has been a great nurse, not to mention my Mom.

Things that bother me are the fact that anything touching my chest feels like a 10 ton brick.....the nerve endings are so sensitive that the least little touch sends chills throughout my body. A simple task as walking up the stairs is not so simple......you can only go up using the same foot forward each step...if you go up normal you have a tendency to "shift" the breast bone and boy does that hurt not to mention the noise of the grinding bones. Drinking can only be done through a straw - otherwise the strain and pulling on the incision is painful.....smells sometimes drive me crazy - can't stand the smell of raw onions!!!!! Oh another obstacle is typing - those finger muscles are connected to the chest muscles - took the better part of two weeks to be able to type!

Anyway I just wanted to take the time to fill you all in, we are still planning on attending the M&G in Mexico in June but we'll see how much "fun" I can have - I was really looking forward to the kayak trip but we'll wait and see!

Kathy

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Kathy

Thanks for the update and glad you are feeling better. We keep wishing all the best and hope to meat Leo and you at the June M & G. And if not hopefully we can still see you at the Adirondack M & G.

John and Cindy

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #3

SUN #67
264SRinPA
Kathy,
Glad you're feeling better. My father went through the same thing, so I know your recover will take a long time, but when it's over, you should feel like a new person again.

It's been a long winter for me also. I go in for surgery again on Wednesday to have the pin removed from my collarbone. The pin has been in for 14 weeks and it has felt like a life time.

I've been going to physical therapy 3 days a week for 5 weeks now for my hand and wrist, and looking at another 5 to 6 more weeks. And at some point after the pin is removed I'll have to start physical therapy on my shoulder.

So you might not be the only one limited to what you can do at the M&G

Get well soon and we'll see you at the M&G
Mike
Sunlines= '06-2075, '06-264SR
264SRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy Jeepers Kathy,

I didn't know you were having surgery, I am glad to hear things went well. A bus friend of mine had emergency triple bypass, and is doing really great now. Once your chest heals and becomes less sensetive you'll feel a lot better. One day at a time, do as your doctor tells you and don't rush things.

Mike,

Good luck with the pin removal, and ensuing physical therapy.

Hey, maybe we will need to have a version of "Special Olympics" at the Rally
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:57 AM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
We're really glad to hear that everything went well so far, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Hopefully by fall, you'll be fairly well healed. Gail is having a couple of minor procedures this year, and one of them may be in early September, so we he'll see how active she'll be at the ADK M&G.

Take care! (Tell Leo: "Good Job!")

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #6

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Kitty - great idea about "Special Olympics" -

Mike maybe we can sit by the riverside with a cold one in hand and spirit the group on in their kayaks/canoes! Hope all goes well with the removal of the pin an the PT afterwards......so far I' not scheduled for any cardio PT but we'll see in two weeks when I go to the doctors!

As each day passes I feel stronger and better - hell I can actually walk up a a flight of stairs and not be out of breath......the Doctor said that I have been compensating for the "problem" for so long that I just learned to "live with it".

Thanks for the well wishes!
Kathy
Old 04-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #7

SUN #1632
WandaLust is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad to hear you're doing better now Kathy. Follow the diet and exercise plan your Dr gave you and you should be fine. I'm looking forward to meeting you in June at the Sunline rally.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #8

SUN #269
medbill
Send a message via AIM to medbill
Hi Kathy,

Glad to hear your doing well, be sure the PT folks teach you how to get that scar tissue and nerve endings to calm down.

All the best,

Billy & Tedi

www.helpeddieryan.com

www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com
medbill is offline   Reply With Quote