Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Underfloor membrane

Hello All;

DW and I are in the process of cleaning and putting Rustoleum on the frame. During the cleaning of dust and rust particles off the frame I found a tear in the floor membrane just behind the left rear wheel it is about 1 foot long.

I was wondering if someone could let me know what is a good way to seal it so we do not have a problem with water leaking.

One of the interesting surprises while cleaning we decided to tilt the spare and there between the wheel cover and spare wheel was a bird nest. The only place we were stopped long enough for that to happen is Henderson Beach State Park. Just never know what you will pick up along the way.

Happy Camping
Ted

tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Ted

This is what I used to repair tears in the Darco membrane

Flexmend Belly Tape | Mobile Home Repair

This page shows me using it. Scroll way down to the bottom.
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...e-10695-4.html

You may be able to find Flex Mend in other outlets then the one I posted. If you have a near by mobile home supply/repair place they also may carry it as they use similar if not the same underbelly material.

The FlexMend is a permanent patch. The surface needs to be clean before putting it on and then rub well. A little hair dryer heat helps too. Just do not add too much heat as it will melt.

For a quick temporary repair I have used Gorilla tape but it does not hold well long term. Over time the edges come up.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #3

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
Ted, it doesn't take long for a bird to build a nest. We took 3 of them off the top of our back porchlight at home in about 5 hrs. We'd take one down and the #!*& robin would build another one. Hated to see it there because we use(d) that light and didn't want to heat the dry grass. The bird finally won when it managed to get a nest built and lay her eggs before we got to it. We even made a cone out of a foil pie pan and put it on top of the light fixture so it wouldn't have a flat surface - the bird pushed against it and flattened it out!
clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #4

SUN #78
tedontario
Well we bought some underbelly tape today from a local RV dealer. Leisure Trailer sales. Used RVs - RV Trailers - RV Dealers Windsor Ontario I am posting this so if there is anyone locally who needs some tape they'll have a supplier. It is product they use which was bought from Fleetwood. Leisure says they use it in all their underbelly repairs. It is called Scrim Shield Under Belly Repair tape. It sounds the same as Flex Mend and the supplier sells a 30" wide piece for 1.95 a foot we bought 3 so that should last us a while. Hope this helps anyone in the Windsor/ Essex area looking to do repairs.
Scrim Shield Underbelly Repair Tape, 4 X 180' [] - $70.99 : UVS, Parts Store

Thanks for the help
Ted
tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Ted, thanks for the link. Always looking for more options when it come to fixing the TT.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote