Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW, Kathy & Leo,

You are only a little over an hour away from us, and it's the weekend . Are you by any chance camping at Western Village ????

Maybe a little quick visit might be do-able ??

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #22

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
yes we are at western village and will be here thru to at least Monday if not longer.....Gary we do NOT have cable.....just plain ole TV

If you are up to it and Gary is home call us xxx-yyy-zzzz we will meet up!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana View Post
we do NOT have cable.....just plain ole TV

Just out of curiosity, did you try rotating the antenna? You are close enough to Harrisburg, that you should be getting a few channels..

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #24

SUN #93
Gary almost in a 360 but nothing....going to try it over the weekend with a friend who ALWAYS watches TV. In the meantime Walmart is making a fortune off me buying DVD's something that I've never bought!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #25

SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
Just out of curiosity, did you try rotating the antenna? You are close enough to Harrisburg, that you should be getting a few channels..
See my post "TV reception tool" and get a jump on antenna rotation

Teach
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #26

SUN #93
Teach as soon as I saw that I tried....and it did not work! I'll tell you what I am not overly impressed with this Campground (Wester Village RV Park, Carlisle, PA)......
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 10-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
In the meantime Walmart is making a fortune off me buying DVD's something that I've never bought!

I found RV the movie in a Food Lion grocery store.. $5.99!

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #28

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Poppy & Nana;99013]going to try it over the weekend with a friend who ALWAYS watches TV.QUOTE]

Did you mean you were going to try the tv in another location? Did you? Am I wrong in thinkiing you don't generally watch tv while camping - has the tv worked recently?

Just a thought, maybe it's the tv, not the antenna. My brother's in-laws bought a new Jayco Designer after manufacturers began making all tv's with digital tuners, but his tv wasn't digital. Apparently Jayco had a large supply of older tv's they were still installing in new campers.
clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #29

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually the design of the antenna is not bad and the add on Wingman does the trick. The UHF freqs are quite short electrically so the little elements are designed for that frequency range and actually produce gain. I can tell you if the amp is not working in the antenna head you won't get a thing because it won't pass rf even a little bit. Any TV that is older then May of 07 did not have a digital tuner so they will require a converter box (there should be a build date on the back of the TV). You can check for 12 volts at the antenna head with a volt meter just remove the connection at the head and check between the center little wire and the metal side of the connector if there is no voltage the amp will not work and the problem is inside if you have voltage then the issue is in the head (not uncommon) One way you can find a station is to ask what channels are active in the area you are in, manually set that channel on the TV and turn the antenna till you get a signal.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #30

SUN #93
[QUOTE=clueless campers;99027]
Quote:
going to try it over the weekend with a friend who ALWAYS watches TV.QUOTE]

Did you mean you were going to try the tv in another location? Did you? No we are still at the same location until Thursday.....so we have not tried another location

Am I wrong in thinkiing you don't generally watch tv while camping - has the tv worked recently?You are 100% correct - we normally boondock without electricity.....so no TV and yes it was working, I took it from the same bedroom before we left. An the grandson was wathing it last weekend.

Just a thought, maybe it's the tv, not the antenna. My brother's in-laws bought a new Jayco Designer after manufacturers began making all tv's with digital tuners, but his tv wasn't digital. Apparently Jayco had a large supply of older tv's they were still installing in new campers.

Well on Thursday I'm trying our TV in a friends TT and will try his in ours (hopefully - if he will take it off the wall mount)
Thanks
Kathy
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 10-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #31

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Kathy

Question, since you boondock most of the time, has the TV ever worked in your camper?

I had one where the antenna on the roof (the amplifier inside the antenna) did not work almost from day 1. This is the problem mainah is talking about.

I could never get a signal and never using it before thought this tin can cannot get anything. So for about 2 1/2 years we never watched broadcast. Then one day walking through the CG at night I see all these folks watching TV in their campers crystal clear. H'mm, our get's nothing. So the debug process began.

After a new wall amp and then finally running a test cable all the way around the camper and up on the roof direct did I sort it out, this dump antenna head is dead. In 2004 WineGuard has some issues and lucky me I got one... changed the head out and "WOW" it works better then the one in the house.

Good luck

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #32

SUN #385
Hematite
I agree, John, when that antenna is working it works well. The few times we have been out, the antenna reception has been excellent through the onboard antenna. That is without the Wingman add on, too.

2007 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 4x4, 5.4 FFV engine, 3.73LS.
Hematite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #33

SUN #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Kathy

Question, since you boondock most of the time, has the TV ever worked in your camper?

I had one where the antenna on the roof (the amplifier inside the antenna) did not work almost from day 1. This is the problem mainah is talking about.

I could never get a signal and never using it before thought this tin can cannot get anything. So for about 2 1/2 years we never watched broadcast. Then one day walking through the CG at night I see all these folks watching TV in their campers crystal clear. H'mm, our get's nothing. So the debug process began.

After a new wall amp and then finally running a test cable all the way around the camper and up on the roof direct did I sort it out, this dump antenna head is dead. In 2004 WineGuard has some issues and lucky me I got one... changed the head out and "WOW" it works better then the one in the house.

Good luck

John
John I can't honestly answer your question.....I'm 99% sure we used the TV but I won't bet the farm on it......anyway camping is done for the year...so it will be on my "to do" list next spring!

We stopped at an RV shop on the way to our last stop and they said I would not receive anything in the area without the "new addition" to the Wineguard.....

Thanks for your help!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #34

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
At this point the Winegard antenna replacement heads are coming with the added Wingman but it's all ways good to be sure I'm guessing there probably are some people selling cheap ones with out the Wingman. With out the Wingman it will work but not very well the bat wing was not designed to receive the new higher frequences so the add on Wingman makes up for the short fall. The heads corrode inside and being a pretty powerful receive amplifier any short circuit from corrosion will take them out. If you have 12 volts at the lead to the head with the switch on in the camper chances are real high that the head is pooched. I think the last one I bought wingman and all was around $70. It makes a huge difference with a good head I was in the hills of Vermont last week and got 15 stations when I first bought the camper I tried the TV and got nothing, now that's pretty bad because I can see the TV tower from my land so being slightly smarter then the average idiot I figured some thing must be wrong!