Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #1

SUN #7618
Burgies 500 is an unknown quantity at this point
this firday AUG.28th

well its finally here , the maiden voyage, were camping this week end, me my wife and the two tiny dogs, so i just want to shout out a warning to all the people in Cheraw Sate Park to watch out for the rookie campers,especially when i have to back the camper up in the site we have chosen,LOOK OUT!!! LOL were going to have a blast, we cant wait!!!!!

Old 08-26-2015, 03:28 PM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't be afraid to ask for help from any camper......you will find most of us willing to lend a hand!!!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #3

SUN #7618
thank you, i will keep that in mind, btw your talking to a northern New Yorker, born and raised in Watertown,NY "snow country"
Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #4

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
They do have pull through. Or is that pullthrough/pullthru/pull-thru?
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #5

SUN #7618
I did explore that option Jim, but couldn't find a waterfront pull thru site at that particular time, but thanks for the advice, always welcome
Old 08-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #6

SUN #7618
it would be so awesome to meet some of you people on this site, you are all sooo cool !!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #7

SUN #7156
Aardvarkjff is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are not familiar with backing up campers, dont worry, take it in stride. I laugh about burning a half a tank of gas moving it 3 inches over........ I second the don't be afraid to ask for help. A lot of time it can be obvious who may benefit from a helping hand.
My family loves to help out when we see someone struggling with something. Even my son may help by keeping their kids entertained while the parents park their unit. We have had occasional "less than optimal" experiences and if we can take a few minutes to help someone have a good time, we will.
In no time, you will be the one helping the next new guy wearing out his transmission shifter. Have fun. We are off to Alex Bay this weekend.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #8

SUN #7618
thanks for the reply Aardvarkjff, i had to laugh at it, cuz i have been there already,just trying to back in my yard to park it, we have a chain link fence with a gate so only room i have is the width of gate, well finally after threats of divorce, lol (aint happening after 17 years) i got it in the yard, crooked but there it sits!!! I welcome help in any shape or form, always willing to listen, but my wife wld tell u different after the date episode, lol
Oh and I do remember Alex Bay its really a nice place to stay have fun guys!!!!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #9

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Bring a pair of walkie-talkies. Makes it a lot easier to talk to the person helping to back you in. Saves a lot of yelling and are really great when backing in at night. The really cheap ones aren't the best because others near you may be on the same frequency. I bought a pair of rechargeable Cobras with multiple channels for about $50 online. Still married after 20 years of camping.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #10

SUN #7713
DanoKubb is an unknown quantity at this point
yes walkie's work great.Another tip I learned on a video, when guiding the driver do not use left and right, use driver side/ pass side, less confusing.The first time out with our trailer I had a pull thru with a concrete pad with a picnic table that I needed to get close to.Took me a bit, the guy in the next site had a new truck.Monica told me later that he ran for his keys and told his wife that he was going for a ride!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #11

SUN #7618
WOW thanks for that tip, i never thought of walkie talkies, great idea, i actually think i got some kicking around the house, and dano the tip on driver/pass side is a good one also, i have only been on this site for a while but all you guys an gals, are awesome and very helpful, i believe i have chosen the right site to tell my tales of horror to,lol happy camping everyone and really, really thanks W/B
Old 08-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #12

SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgies 500 View Post
it would be so awesome to meet some of you people on this site, you are all sooo cool !!!!
Yes, they are. We live in Virginia and have attended the Buttonwood rally and this September will be at Nick's Lake for the Adirondack M&G.
To meet them, all you have to do is put your camper on the highway and point it north. Most of the SOCs are north of the Mason-Dixon Line. So you have to go up north to see them in their natural habitat, or try to ambush them one at a time as they drift South down I-95 to Myrtle Beach, Savannah, and Florida. That can get tricky.
You could meet a few in Virginia October 9-11 at Shenandoah State Park.

Teach
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #13

SUN #7618
well thanks for the reply awellis, if all works out i may just do that but prob wont be till after Feb this year, thats when ill hopefully be retired,well thats the plan anyway, but if i head that way i may not want to come back and my wife will,lol . I will however keep the Virginia one in mind , that may be dooable------- is that a word???? we want to eventually do what we all want to do(well most of us) follow the weather, north in the summer and south in the winter,AHHHH the good life lol be blessed my fellow campers
Old 08-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #14

SUN #7713
So, how did the Maiden Voyage turn out ?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #15

SUN #7618
im going to try this again,first try deleted itself, hmmmm, anyway, we had an awesome time altogether, but when i pulled out from the gate i just touched the awning holder, (I guess) with the fence, no real damage done as far as i know, when i asked wife why she didnt say something, her defense was that i was going to fast to even stop, hmmm. I have to admit i was a little nervous towing,cuz i have never towed anything in my entire 62 years on earth, sooo i took it slow an easy,when we arrived at the park, another dilemma, back in site, actually i looked like a pro doing that, even my wife said so,hooked up ,stabilized,leveled ,all ready to camp.Had a great time relaxing mostly, roasted marshmallows over open fire, really nice time, by Sunday we took off back home,where i did the back in again in the gates, took longer this time, I am still married, the dogs have all their working parts, camper in reasonably good shape, so all in all it was a fun time and ready to try again next week if we can find a spot to go. I did however find out that i need a 7 point plug in on the Sunline, my lights were very weak and signals non-existent, that added to my nerves towing to and from the campsite, but nevertheless a good fun time an above all relaxing. B&B
Old 09-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #16

SUN #7713
Nice, glad to hear it went well. I'm new as well I don't relax til I'm settled in the site, hopefully with time and experience that will get better. Going do a back in for the second time in my career in a week and a half, strangely looking forward to it!
Old 09-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #17

SUN #7156
Aardvarkjff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgies 500 View Post
, but when i pulled out from the gate i just touched the awning holder, (I guess) with the fence, no real damage done as far as i know, when i asked wife why she didnt say something, her defense was that i was going to fast to even stop,
Ok, you are not alone. I had a smaller RV, then we got a bigger one. Well in bringing it home, I had my wife directing me as I backed up.......suddenly I hear a shriek.... The mailbox!!!! When I asked how could that happen? She was watching the sides. Um going back, why not the back?? Well luckily I hit the mailbox with the spare tire so there was no damage.

It is these things that we experience that we laugh at later....

What I want to put out there is develop a routine and stick to it. Normally I hitch up the torsion bars then retract the tongue jack. Well this past weekend I hooked up the bars, then looked at something in the back. Well we almost pulled forward with the tongue down to pull out a wheel block. It was close and it made me realize the importance in sticking to my routine at all times.