Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #15

SUN #215
Poor Man Campin'
Jon,

Nice job on the room! I've seen dozens of hunting rooms, beach rooms, country theme rooms but never a camper room. Definately has to be one of the most simple but original ideas for a room I've ever seen, especially with the camper door! While I grew up with Coleman and Fleetwood in my family, I can't say I've ever heard of anyone modeling a room after something in the Fleetwood line!

It looks very relaxing, especially with the trees outside; thanks for sharing!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #16

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Man Campin'
It looks very relaxing, especially with the trees outside
Actually, the tree's aren't that close. It is a nice view, but the trees are probably 50 ft. away from the window. The one disadvantage to having semi-gloss white walls is the sun in the morning! It comes in around the shade and lights up the whole room, like someone turned lights on. I sort of wish the trees were closer, but there's a deck in the way . Just out the window to the left is a cherry tree, which is beautiful in the spring when it blooms. Not so beautiful for my allergies though . I caught a squirrel out there this evening trying to eat my cherries, so he probably has told all his friends and I won't get any come time to pick. Interesting story behind it though: It was planted shortly after I was born (gift from grandparents) and look at it, it's taller than the house! I'm glad I didn't grow that tall!

Jon

P.S. My parents have had two Fleetwoods (Tioga & Revolution), neither of which I considered modeling the room after! Not to mention the paint scheme on the Revolution would be near impossible to recreate.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9461.2 (as of 10/01/16)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
2008 T-286SR SE scale model, #5001
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #17

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I finally got the taillights up. The more I thought about it, I didn't want to put those take-offs up because they were bigger and I didn't want any exposed holes should I want to put the correct ones up sometime. Long story short, but I got $50 from my mom to go to General RV to get to get a new tongue jack for our utility trailer, which bent coming down the driveway behind the MH about five years ago. It wasn't bad, but my grandpa cut the bent part off (about 1"). Then, the handle fell off on the road one time, so the jack was almost useless. The new jacks were about $45, but when I got there, they had a few take-off jacks from people who got power jacks. They were almost brand new, still full of grease, pretty much scrape free (unlike the new ones), and most of all, only $20! So, I just used the leftover $30 to buy the taillights, and came home with a jack that looked better than the new ones and change to spare!

They are not wired up at this point, but maybe they will be sometime in the future. I didn't want to get into that this morning. I think I need to look for a new lamp, too, since it blocks the left light. Here's some pics of the finished job:

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9461.2 (as of 10/01/16)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
2008 T-286SR SE scale model, #5001
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote