Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login


Join Sunline Club Forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Moderator
 
EMD_Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 2,039
SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Sunny 17

Well.... The cat's outta the bag now!

We bought the '03 F-311SR from Endless Summer RV last evening. We bargained with them for two weeks and finally came to an agreement last evening.

They took the WH out of it, to use it for an emergency replacement for someone passing through. We'll use the one out of the T-299SR, to replace it. I also insisted on American made tires. The Marathons on it now are the originals. They had a set of 16's in the parts dept. but they were Maxxis and were LT235-85-16's... Not even close!

I spent most of today, removing parts from the T-320SR that will be staying with us. My television mount will have to remain with it, since one of the brass screws rounded out and I don't have an "Easy-out"

Here's the pics we have so far.. I have to mention that the couch is 400% more comfortable, than the one in the 320. I also now have a recliner too! Kitty also now has a fireplace!































__________________

__________________
Gary
SunlineClub Custom Google Search

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,696
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
WOW.....................

OK I was right. Now I know why Kitty does not put numbers on the license plate...

You will like the table and chairs. Cindy has a special way of packing the chairs so they do not hit when traveling. I'll have to dig up a pic and send. The combinations are sort of endless.

It looks great inside and the 5ers have better cabinets too.

Congrats, again....

John
__________________

__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR - Fern Blue, 2004 T1950 - Fern Blue, 2004 T2475 - Nutmeg
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,945
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Geez Gary, so much for waiting until Thursday evening...
__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9467.8 (as of 5/26/19)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Moderator
 
EMD_Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 2,039
SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
Geez Gary, so much for waiting until Thursday evening...

I totally forgot about the bed-plug wire...

Mike picked up on it a little too quick!

Gary
__________________
Gary
SunlineClub Custom Google Search

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
 
kanyonkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 2,289
SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, the waiting 'til thursday is gonna be tuff, but I have a lot of stuff to pack out of the 320. BUT, no where as much as I had in the 2499. John would be proud of me as I have REALLY kept the storage compartments quite empty. I also had weighed EVERY thing that went into each compartment. I think that process will be redone in spring on a warm day though so I know exactly what will be in Sunny 17. I have "visited" this Sunline at least 2 X's a year since I got the 2499, and had always wished I had gotten it, but was afraid mom could not do the steps, I am so excited that Gary & I managed to work out a deal to get it. Right now the weather for thursday is supposed to be SUNNY, so hopefull we can get some good exterior pics of it all cleaned up. The inside is spotless, still has the tags on the sofa & chair and we also got the Sunline binder with it. Gary made this a reality for us.

Kitty
__________________
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 351
SUN #549
frank
WOW! That's one nice looking rig!

Congrats! Moving to a 5'er is definately something I would love to do.

- Frank
__________________
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
sunnyseagull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 221
SUN #28
sunnyseagull
Ok I am happy for the both of you but it is soon time for some therapy I am really starting to worry here 17 sunlines!! thats awsome!! congrads !! I just kidding about the therapy lol!! glad you got what you wanted happy camping Dan
__________________
Dan
05 T264sr /00 Ford Excursion 6.8 v10
sunnyseagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,696
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver

I totally forgot about the bed-plug wire...

Mike picked up on it a little too quick!

Gary
H'mm I saw that plug too but could not figure out what it went to. It "looked" like it was plugged into the 5 wire flat plug. Is it? And if so how do you get the brake wire up to the 5'er?

I don't know if Kitty’s F350 has this or not. Mine came with a gooseneck hitch in the bed already. It was a B & W added by the prior owner. There is a separate 7 wire receptacle in the bed liner already to plug the gooseneck trailer into. I wonder if Ford has a 7 wire ready harness buried underneath in the fender to allow that plug to just be added.

What 5th wheel hitch did you get or going to get? Do you need a slider?

John
__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR - Fern Blue, 2004 T1950 - Fern Blue, 2004 T2475 - Nutmeg
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,696
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
Well, the waiting 'til thursday is gonna be tuff, but I have a lot of stuff to pack out of the 320. BUT, no where as much as I had in the 2499. John would be proud of me as I have REALLY kept the storage compartments quite empty. I also had weighed EVERY thing that went into each compartment. I think that process will be redone in spring on a warm day though so I know exactly what will be in Sunny 17. I have "visited" this Sunline at least 2 X's a year since I got the 2499, and had always wished I had gotten it, but was afraid mom could not do the steps, I am so excited that Gary & I managed to work out a deal to get it. Right now the weather for thursday is supposed to be SUNNY, so hopefull we can get some good exterior pics of it all cleaned up. The inside is spotless, still has the tags on the sofa & chair and we also got the Sunline binder with it. Gary made this a reality for us.

Kitty
Kitty, Cindy just saw the pics. She says it is very nice. Also noticed it is built similar to your T320SR, at least the sink/stove layout.

We are always proud of you… and glad this worked out for you. Was the coach ever titled? The inside looks great and the tags and the bed plastic seem to point to very little use.

Well you have your rear picture window back. And storage… Looking at the 03 brochure, it is a 12,500# GVWR camper with a 9,280# dray weight. That is 3,220# cargo capacity. A 60 gal fresh tank filled is 498# so that still leaves 2,722# of “stuff” to be able to put in. That’s a lot of stuff…. Even enough room for tools….

Your pin weight, I’ll have to bring my force jack. We can measure it at Buttonwood. We did HappyCampers pin weight 2 years ago. As long as the pin weight is not over 25,000# I got ya covered… I’m probably pretty safe as the F350 bed would collapse at that weight first…

Enjoy your new camper. Sunline did a good job on that layout. Big enough and lower. Notice only 2 steps to go up to the bed room. The layout is actually similar to our T310SR.

John
__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR - Fern Blue, 2004 T1950 - Fern Blue, 2004 T2475 - Nutmeg
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
Moderator
 
EMD_Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 2,039
SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB

H'mm I saw that plug too but could not figure out what it went to. It "looked" like it was plugged into the 5 wire flat plug. Is it? And if so how do you get the brake wire up to the 5'er?
John,
It's plugged into the factory 7 way outlet. All 7 wires were utilized.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
I don't know if Kitty’s F350 has this or not. Mine came with a gooseneck hitch in the bed already. It was a B & W added by the prior owner.
Hers was not factory prepped for a gooseneck, nor did it have the outlet in the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
There is a separate 7 wire receptacle in the bed liner already to plug the gooseneck trailer into. I wonder if Ford has a 7 wire ready harness buried underneath in the fender to allow that plug to just be added.
We drilled a hole in the side of the bed, where there was a raised flat area and mounted the new 7 way outlet there. It is connected to the plug that you see in the picture. When it's not needed, it is put into the side of the receiver hitch tube. It is well protected there. I didn't want all those splices under the truck, since they would be more prone to corrosion. The existing wires are protected in a loom and undisturbed.

I put liberal amounts of dielectric grease on the exposed terminals, both in the outlets and the plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
What 5th wheel hitch did you get or going to get? Do you need a slider?
We bought a Reese 16,000lb slider hitch. Here's a couple pics...





"Designed for shortbed trucks to provide turning clearance and prevent damage to truck and trailer in tight places at low speeds. 11" travel fore & aft, Available in 15K and 16K models. Compatible with Reese base rails, Adjustable with trailer attached. Works with full size or mini trucks."

I asked around and was told that the double pivot hitch was the safest way to go. I could have gotten a 16,000lb single pivot head for a lot less money, but I need to keep Kitty happy!

It was installed Wednesday evening, with some help from my friends at DeHaven's trailer sales in Winchester, VA. They did all the measuring and drilling and I did all the under-the-truck mounting. The Reese instructions said to mount the hitch, with the kingpin 4" forward of the axle. It looked way too close to the cab for me, so we split the difference. It's mounted 2" forward of the axle now.

Gary
__________________
Gary
SunlineClub Custom Google Search

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
Moderator
 
EMD_Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 2,039
SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
We are always proud of you… and glad this worked out for you. Was the coach ever titled? The inside looks great and the tags and the bed plastic seem to point to very little use.
The salesman we are dealing with, is the same one that traded that unit in. He says that this was Chuck McNair's F-311SR. The inside is absolutely spotless, with the exception of a couple of spots in the center of the slide ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
Well you have your rear picture window back. And storage… Looking at the 03 brochure, it is a 12,500# GVWR camper with a 9,280# dray weight. That is 3,220# cargo capacity. A 60 gal fresh tank filled is 498# so that still leaves 2,722# of “stuff” to be able to put in. That’s a lot of stuff…. Even enough room for tools….
John..... John.... John...... PLEASE don't give her any ideas!!! The only storage areas, are in the front of the lower section. The double door in the picture opens up to a full-width compartment. I want to partition part of it off and prep it for the generator. If I put it on the left side, it will be less than 4' from the converter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
Your pin weight, I’ll have to bring my force jack. We can measure it at Buttonwood. We did HappyCampers pin weight 2 years ago. As long as the pin weight is not over 25,000# I got ya covered… I’m probably pretty safe as the F350 bed would collapse at that weight first…
Would it look kinda like this???



According to the owner, the landing gear NEVER left the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
Enjoy your new camper. Sunline did a good job on that layout. Big enough and lower. Notice only 2 steps to go up to the bed room. The layout is actually similar to our T310SR.

John
Kitty has been waiting for this 5'er for 5 years and is finally going to have it! Notice that I didn't use the word "Patiently" in that sentence?

This is going to be a whole new learning experience for me.. After working on my old '78 Prowler, the T-2499, the T-320SR, the T-299SR and the 17-1/2SB, I know that I still have MUCH to learn about TT's.

Now I'll have hidden holding tanks to deal with... I think they are even heated... A full aluminum underbelly cover and several other 5th wheel specific things to learn. On another note... All the Sunline 5th wheels I've looked at, have had shock absorbers on them. I had been planning on putting shocks on the 320 in the spring....

Gary
__________________
Gary
SunlineClub Custom Google Search

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,696
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
OK now I see it. The pic "tricked" me. The 5 wire flat plug is on the right, not the bottom. The angle of the pic showing the 7 wire door flap covered it up



Good luck with your hitch. Actually I think you will now have more room to turn around in the yard. About the same length of camper as the T320SR, but the pivot and wheels are in different spots. Plus you can turn sharper.

John
__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR - Fern Blue, 2004 T1950 - Fern Blue, 2004 T2475 - Nutmeg
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
Moderator
 
EMD_Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 2,039
SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
Good luck with your hitch. Actually I think you will now have more room to turn around in the yard. About the same length of camper as the T320SR, but the pivot and wheels are in different spots. Plus you can turn sharper.

John

John,

Both the F311 and the T-320 are 33' long. I will measure and find out how much closer the axles are, to the truck. I'm curious to know this information. I know that the pivot point is quite a bit further forward.

Gary
__________________
Gary
SunlineClub Custom Google Search

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 311
SUN #213
Diane is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations! What a beauty!! Looking forward to seeing it at Buttonwood.
__________________

__________________
Diane & Marshall Lucas and
The Merrythought Poodles
Former 2007 Sunline T-1950
Former 2011 North Trail & 2014 Open Range
Current 2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunny Spotting! rebellious78 Sunline Community 61 12-16-2010 09:05 AM
Sunny 16 EMD_Driver Sunline Community 8 11-12-2009 11:14 AM
Recycling Sunny 13's generator, to use with Sunny 14 EMD_Driver Modifications 13 10-28-2009 08:03 PM
Sunny 14 bedroom TV mod EMD_Driver Modifications 1 09-07-2009 07:09 PM
Sunny gets a new house kanyonkitty Sunline Community 0 11-28-2006 06:52 PM



Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sunline RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 PM.