Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #1

SUN #168
wobbly
Sunline's Audio Player

For our last camping trip, we connected our MP3 player or laptop to the T-1950's Radio/CD player . Using the Auxiliary setting, we listened to music and several audiobooks. We just needed a cable with one 3.5mm male stereo end and two RCA male connectors on the other end. Attaching the RCA plugs can be done without removing the Sunline's player. A MP3 player or IPOD will need periodic recharging, so factor that in. We charged from a laptop with an USB cable. The audio cable can also be used to play music or audiobooks from a laptop, so a MP3 player could be dispensed with.

Wobbly
Recently returned from the Sumpter, Oregon Flea Market
http://www.sumpter.org/menu/market_photos.html

Old 05-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #2

SUN #115
emam
We did the same thing with our CPU. I actually built our main tower right into the cabinet, and hooked the audio coming out of the sound card into the aux on the Sunlines stock radio.

When we're sitting around for the day, we have MusicMatch on our CPU that has thousands of songs and various playlists to suit any mood. THen we can just hit play if we want to hear some good relazing fireside music, or if we're getting fired up for the evening and have some guests over, we can play some more energetic music....etc.

Great advice, and glad to know other people are using the feature. I never thought about the audio book thing. We'll have to give that a try.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:22 PM   #3

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's another idea. There's little FM radio in the Adirondacks where we camp. As an alternative to CD's, I have plugged my I Pod into the aux and it works fine. I also mounted a cradle inside for my Sirius Radio tuner with an external antenna. The tuner in the cadle transmits to the camper radio. Additionally, the transmitter is strong enough that I can use a portable FM radio anywhere around the campsite within about 30 feet from the tuner. Now I have all the offerings of Sirius: music, comedy, Prairie Home Companion and old time radio shows as well as news anywhere I sit.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #4

SUN #168
wobbly
I think my next improvement might be a Harold Green Audio System:
http://www.pbs.org/redgreen/harold.jpg

Wobbly