Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #1

SUN #1890
Mrsrogers is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Sunline Saturn T1550 1988 Wiring

Hi all! Hope you're having a great weekend!

So here's my dilemma of the day...(well I don't want to take all the credit, my husband is the one standing outside trying to figure this out in 20 degree weather...)

We just purchased a Sunline Saturn 1988 T1550, when we brought it home I plugged it into my truck and drove it! No problems.

However, at the suggestion of a bunch of club members I took it yesterday to have the tires replaced because I didn't know how old they were. When I was backing up into the tire change area, the guys told me my reverse lights were not working,

We tested - When I put my brakes on, all rear lights go out. When I put my turn signals on, both lights flash like hazards and I have no running lights except for the front markers.

My diligent hubby, went out today to figure it out, and has traced the problem to what seemed like a bad green wire on the rear left marker that is run in series with the other markers, and is the power feed for the rear taillights. BUT NOW....

I have brake lights, only if my headlights are turned OFF!

If my headlights are turned on I have all of the lights working including the running lights, and markers...

How weird is that, he did find a bad ground, and has regrounded it temporarily while testing but does anyone have any ideas?

The poor man already locked himself out of the camper today when he was replacing the door knob today...he had one bolt in the handle and went to get a different screw driver when a gust of wind shut the camper door, of course with the keys still in the package in the camper...I solved that problem with some yankee ingenuity...(even thou I'm originally a west coast gal) But this problem I have no idea how to help or where to begin!!

Thanks in Advance!!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #2

SUN #1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsrogers View Post
BUT NOW....

I have brake lights, only if my headlights are turned OFF!

If my headlights are turned on I have all of the lights working including the running lights, and markers...

How weird is that, he did find a bad ground, and has regrounded it temporarily while testing but does anyone have any ideas?

That was confusing...IF my head lights are turned on, I have no running lights, but when the brakes are compressed the lights come on.

If my headlights are off, I have running lights and marker lights, but if we touch the brakes, the running lights turn off (it is a double bulb)

Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #3

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe another ground someplace?

jim
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #4

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
As Jim said, sounds like a ground. Maybe the ground wire from the 7 pin connector to the TT frame.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #5

SUN #1890
it ended up being the double bulbs...apparently when one element is out it throws everything off! So we picked up new light fixtures yesterday and bulbs and they're all good! Thanks!

Tags
lights, saturn, taillights, wiring