Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #1

SUN #8121
Gliden07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuff!!

If anyone has been following my posts you know that my GF and I bought our first Sunline TT (should say TT of any kind). We are obviously wanting to get out but have another month or so. It is still stored at the dealer and getting a couple extras added to it (3 Maxx Air Vents). So in the mean time we have been picking up "THINGS" for our first adventure!! We have gotten some leveling blocks, right angle water adapter, water filter, drinking water hose, new sheets some folding chairs. Dealer told us he was going to provide fill on propane 30LBS X 2, and a Sewage "Kit" I'm guessing sewer pipe and some chemicals for the black tank. Still have to pick thru the kitchen to get utensils and cooking pots etc... we do have a first aid kit and the obligatory "Welcome to our Campsite" sign!! Is there any other items that are a "MUST HAVES" before we go anywhere? Know I'm probably over thinking this but its the way I am !

Old 03-20-2016, 06:46 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Just an FYI....one use with the dealer provided (unless it is a really good one) sewage kit, be prepared to get another one.....or take a look at it and if it is a cheaper one - ask if you can upgrade to a brand name one.....at your additional cost.

Tool box with appropriate size sockets & basic tools for "things" on your TT.

30 amp extension cord.

A grill for outdoor cooking!

A real must have is your favorite adult beverage for those "its 5 o'clock somewhere" times!

Take a pad and pen and as you find you need something write it down....there is usually a Walmart close by if it is urgent, if not you can raid you home when you get back.

Look in your local thrift store or yard sales for some of the things you add to your list....you will be surprised what you can find out there relatively inexpensive!

Most important thing to have is a "happy attitude"....it can overcome some of what seems like the darkest times of camping!!!! Like when we hit a tree branch and tore off a large section of our roof on our new toyhauler.....

Enjoy!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #3

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh my goodness. Lots of stuff you will accumulate over time, but flashlights and batteries, books and playing cards, bottle openers of all kinds, can opener, wine corkscrew, spoons and spatulas, lighters, matches, spare keys to everything ! A list of important phone numbers. Coins, small bills. Rain gear of all kinds. Coats, sweat shirts, blankets.

Our black tank was a mess when we bought the camper and it was my job (Deb) to figure out how to get it clean. Happy Camper enzyme treatment did the trick-buy online, be prepared as it is expensive but worth it. I have various things I do now to keep it clean.

Hope we can meet up and we'll show you the ropes as we've learned lots over time !
2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #4

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
Great list. For the tool box make sure to pick up a number 2 square drive screw driver as you will find that 99 percent of the screws will be square drives and spare fuses for the converter.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #5

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
In addition to above..........

45 degree clear sewer connector. Connect to trailer outlet then attach hose to it. It allows you to see when things are clear.

Water pressure regulator. Don't want more than about 40 - 50 psi on your trailer.

3 - 4' Level. Your refrigerator needs to be level.

Spare 12v fuses and light bulbs.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #6

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
All great lists. FYI though, the clear sewer cleanouts with the hose fitting are illegal to yse in Virginia campgrounds. Concerns of backflow into water system in the event of a water main break while conneted. Kinda far-fetched if you ask me.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #7

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not talking about backflushing, just a simple clear fitting to see the flow.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:01 PM   #8

SUN #8121
Gliden07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for all the suggestions my list has gotten longer!! I do have a Weber charcoal grill and I forgot I do have the water regulator.