Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #1

SUN #5897
Tego is an unknown quantity at this point
Strange question? 1983?

Why does there seem to be so many '83 Sunlines?

As I do my daily Craigslist scan it seems there are more 1983 models than every other year combined!

I'm looking for a 1550 although theres a 1750 (also an '83) near me. Theres a 16' in MA (also an '83) which is of slight interest. Also there's the 1550 I really want although grossly overpriced, which is also an '83.

Coincidence or did they make a bunch in '83?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #2

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
I kinda noticed that myself. It could be that I own an '83 that tends to just make me more attune to them.

Sunline Fan would most likely have the best answer to that question. It would be interesting to know the stats on the Sunline years models and number built of ea.

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #3

SUN #5897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjin View Post
I kinda noticed that myself. It could be that I own an '83 that tends to just make me more attune to them.

Sunline Fan would most likely have the best answer to that question. It would be interesting to know the stats on the Sunline years models and number built of ea.
You have the model and year Sunline that I'm interested in. Do you think that one could be worth $2,900? It's basically untouched since '83.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #4

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
If you remember, I said that $2900 was pricey. That said, If it is in VERY good condition and is loaded, i.e. awning, ac, oven, etc.; then, I personally would do my best to get it for $2,500.

I personally like the layout of the 1550, esp. in that size TT. It has lots of windows including the bunk vent windows, which I like. The 1550 can easily be cross vented with the window locations. The lounge can be an open bed system while keeping the dinette for eating, esp. for 1 or 2 people.

I like the door location.

If you can. Take a look at it and walk away. Then think about it. Then it becomes a thing of heart over head. That and how much can you afford to spend.

Hope this helped.
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #5

SUN #4578
Split is an unknown quantity at this point
Economy cycles / restyle

T,: I believe national economy cycles has a direct connection to camper sales.. 2007 - 08 when housing mortgage collapse , camping industry had big cutback. 2013 was a very good year for production... Like cars , a redesign brings buyers out...Maybe the exterior color of light tan / rose & more colorful stripes make buyers more happy than the WHITE box of the late 70's . Also the luxury of the shower was a major selling feature for a wife around the 83 era.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #6

SUN #5897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjin View Post
If you remember, I said that $2900 was pricey. That said, If it is in VERY good condition and is loaded, i.e. awning, ac, oven, etc.; then, I personally would do my best to get it for $2,500.

I personally like the layout of the 1550, esp. in that size TT. It has lots of windows including the bunk vent windows, which I like. The 1550 can easily be cross vented with the window locations. The lounge can be an open bed system while keeping the dinette for eating, esp. for 1 or 2 people.

I like the door location.

If you can. Take a look at it and walk away. Then think about it. Then it becomes a thing of heart over head. That and how much can you afford to spend.

Hope this helped.
I know you mentioned in another post that you liked the ventilation and that the Sunline remains cooler than a popup. This is a big issue for me as well. I also like the layout more than most of the new (much newer) units.

It's not so much the $ as much as it is that much for something made when I was in my teens!