Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-08-2015, 05:02 AM   #1

SUN #6944
Mjb1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Spotting Sunlines

My wife and I decided we needed to get away this weekend so we headed to our home resort Gettysburg Battlefield Resort (shameless plug). And when I got here on Friday I saw a couple of Sunline Solaris's and more Sunline's came in along with the twin to mine. I wish someone would bring this company back to life! There are still a bunch of them out there so you know it was a great product. If my 1996 T-29A is still in the shape it is in that says a lot.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:05 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Amen!!! Bring Sunline back to life!!! But do it with the same quality and high values it had which made them great.

I still see some of the later model ones or an early models one for sale and they still look better then a lot a brand new ones out there.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #3

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm, I had those same thoughts not so long ago. We all know there're lot of new startups and anyone that knows anything about trailers, know that the Sunline name is one to be reckoned with, so, yes why wouldn't some investors do that? Bring them back keep the original styles but upgrade to the latest technologies where they can.

Even if a big name trailer manufacture brought back the Sunline, with selected favorite models (small medium and large). With a prominent Sunline label and a smaller label "made by" (whatever brand). In other words, the Sunline is brought back to its former glory by design and quality but as a secondary series (not second rate) but a maybe a subsidiary, of a larger manufacture.

Love to hear some other opinions about the whys of a new Sunline lineup. Obviously it would cost a chunk.

Ah Gettysburg. Love that town and love its history

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #4

SUN #78
tedontario
Hello John; Yes bring back the Sunline. Trouble is no one wants to use the good quality materials that Sunline did. They want it to look good but wear out fast so we can buy a new one. We love our 2499 and it sits proudly in our yard, ready to go when we are. When we say hey lets go out to eat, it's out to the trailer. So many trailers have such dark colours or weird designs that us "old" folks just get our minds around.
Have a great day all and safe travels
tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #5

SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedontario View Post
So many trailers have such dark colours or weird designs that us "old" folks just get our minds around.
You have that right. We had to part with our Sunline (due to extensive water damage neglected by PO) and finding a replacement was tough. Dark woods and freaky décor had my wife going nuts. Add to that few windows, especially ones that open, fewer roof vents, shoddy cabinetry .... We're happy with our Rockwood, but I still miss our Sunline.

Teach
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:40 PM   #6

SUN #5411
happytocamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Wishful thinking.......
Sunline made a great trailer. When we were looking to upgrade from our previous
pop-up, I happened on this great forum and drank the "Kool-Aid" and now I'm hooked!!!!

I love to "spot Sunlines" also.....I've been known to make a quick U-turn on occasion!
2005 GMC Yukon

happytocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:50 AM   #7

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Other than the design mine's a little hard to spot it was covered with decals from Good Sam etc and the Sunline decals were pretty much shot so off with the remains and some paint latter I have a "stealth" Sunline. There are very few out there that can claim the same built quality.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #8

SUN #6633
Fletch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
You are all so right about quality of the sunline TT. I deliver rv parts to Jayco and to Keystone In Idaho and Oregon, I have walked the line's to see them built from start to finish out the door. In my humble opinion a lot of flash but built like trash. Love my T2499.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #9

SUN #6944
Mjb1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just uploaded a couple of pics of mine! My rear decal was in very bad shape so I removed the remnants and put on a Pittsburgh Steelers logo decal! Would like to get a new decal for the front window cover!
Old 08-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #10

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Two more spotted

My son and his family, plus 2 friends of grandkids took our T1350 to Grundy Provincial Park, He said the campground was absolutely full aside from the typical unwanted sites.

He was approached twice by a couple of other Sunline owners, one that had a Saturn. One guys was super excited about seeing other Sunlines.
BTW there were 2 adults and 4 kids in a T1350 ??? That's right they took a tent too.

They just got back today from spending a week at Grundy and now Grandma and grandpa are taking the same grandkids to Long Point Provincial Park (Lake Erie) for 3 days.

WE have always had a blast with the grandkids

Hopefully we'll spot another Sunline or two.
I saw an 18footer for sale on KIJIJI but it was in rough shape and a wee tad over priced

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote