Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Son & his partner

Thought I'd let you see my son and his partner, since I seem to mention him a good bit. The first few photos are right after Sully came into the USA, and the last few are about 2 years old. I just don't get a chance to attend many of his K-9 events due to timing & work schedules.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...44476533xByAsK

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to be able to put faces with the names we see frequently on the board. Your son is a police officer in the K9 unit? (Please forgive me if my terminology is incorrect) Those dogs and their handlers are amazing. There was a show on Discovery recently about what the trainers go through to train them. It's quite a process. Those dogs are incredibly intellegent, and have incredible instincts. You must be very proud!!!

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #3

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Nice pictures.................thanks for sharing. Is your son working in WV or another state?? I know they have been using the K-9 units quite a bit in Barbour, Taylor, & Upshur counties and have been quite successful. The drugs have just about ruined that area................It's a shame. I am so happy to see people who will get out there and fight against evil and crime. Give him a big...............wait, I can't hug him.........give him a big handshake for me!!!!!!!!!!!!Marshall
purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #4

SUN #382
Mooney
Guys can hug- but only in the manly shake hands while double-thumping each other on the back with your left hand way...
'05 2380s Solaris Lite, axles flipped
Mooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
My son lives right next door to me, and so does Mr. Attitude "Sully". When I have to dog sit, it's sorta funny. I can go over hes happy to see me and I let him out, no problems. Now, getting him back in is another story. While he is outside, I MUST tie a rope to the inside door and drape it outside over the light. THen when Sully comes to door, I open storm door, let him in "Get shown lots of teeth and snarled at big time", let storm door close, act like I'm walking away, he races to bedroom, and I go back up on porch and pull rope to close inside door. I keep all my fingers this way

Son and Sully work for Berkeley County Sheriffs Dept, which is where we live. This area also includes ALL of Interstate 81 that is in West Virginia. So, if your traveling that route and see a Black & Silver Durango that says K-9 and front tag # 118 that is my son.

I have been fortunate to attend some of their field trials, and it is amazing the dedication between the two of them. I once saw them need to "Find" the bad guy that was hiding in one of 6 large fully enclosed wooden boxes. They had a choice to either sniff all six boxes, or trust Sully and just go for broke and choose the correct box(for more points). Well, they went for just the correct box, and Sully nailed it correctly. I've seen him sniff out drugs, planted articles, and also numerous stages of criminal apprehension. The "recall" these dogs are to obey once set into motion to apprehend is fantastic. But, well once in a while, they just aren't gonna recall, and the bad guy is going down, HARD. Good thing during training, the bad guy wears lots of padding. Not a job I'll be volunteering for.

Thanks for your interest and kind words.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #6

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Kitty,

In my younger stupid days, I acted as the dummy in the 50 pound padded suit.....I worked with an excellent dog academy in New Jersey and trained attack dogs....quite different from your son, but the same in theory.

I had a shepard (Cashew was his name he was brother to Peanut, who passed away on a guard job, - that was their "pet" names and not registered names)...any way...he was one point from his obedience championship when his "father" and I divorced....I lost the custody battle and my ex got Cashew.....that was the saddest day of my life. We both trained him and worked him, so he was able to handle him in every way....problem is Cashew never got to achieve that championship as the ex didn't have time for "fun" after he got re-married 2 days after our divorce!

We now have a K-9 unit in our small little hick town and it is great fun to watch him work with Champ...he does demonstrations for the school and different organizations around town. Not to mention that number of "jobs" that Champ does and "collars" that K9-1 makes...for a small town we have a lot of outside visitors (we are a resort town) who get busted for drugs almost weekend.

You must and should be proud of your son.....I know I would be!

Kathy
Old 01-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #7

SUN #215
Poor Man Campin'
Beautiful shepard! We had one when I was a kid; but someone walked into the house while we were at school and took him and our Dalmation along with valuables . In the early 80's, Dad always left the house unlocked. With 3 dogs, who would bother anything! Go figure; they left the Cocker Spaniel!

-Brad

Poor Man Campin' is offline   Reply With Quote

« pics | Generators »