Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Some questions for the resident Sunline guru... AKA: Jon

I got to looking at the differences between the two F-311SR's that are for sale... Well, one of them is still for sale..

The decals are very different between the two units, even though they are both 2003 model year.

Here's the one at Colton RV.. Notice the location of the side Sunline decal and the orientation of the decals on the slide. Also notice the only decal on the front cap, is the Sunline decal.

Now, look at ours...

Now, look at the back of the unit in the picture above. Then, look at the back of the unit in the picture below..

There are VERY distinct differences, between these two units. One other thing.. Note the "Classic" decals on ours. They are not on the Colton unit.

Inquiring minds want to know why ...

Jon???

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Who knows. They did funny things. That Classic logo only came about in '05 for the '06 model year, so it couldn't have been on there since new. I'm not sure what the extra swooshes are about on the front and sides, but I'm pretty sure they were added later on with the Classic logo. I'm not surprised that the locations of the main Sunline logos differ, because that was common. Even back around '97/'98 when production quality was what I think of as best and they really had a method down to making them almost cookie cutter (not making minor changes between the models), even the main logos continued to be placed in different locations. Front rock guards were made up differently and rear logos were placed in different spots even on the same floorplan. For example, a T-1950 may have had a logo placed in the center on one, and then another from maybe the same job or another job would have it off on the upper left corner.

The main common swooshes that you have are standard SE graphics for the 2003-2005 model years. I'm not sure what the eyelash things are from, but I do see the swoosh above the rear side window on the ODS is the typical rear "in-striping" swoosh for '02-'03.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote