Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-26-2007, 07:47 PM   #21

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Patricia

I’ll work a little harder now to get all my mod’s up on the web and will post. Seeing other folks little custom tweaks helps spark a lot of spin off ideas. Once I get that post built, I’ll make sure to contact you. Some are little things, others, well I went all out.

The swivel rocker, The Ottoman, h’mm that’s the 2nd time now I have heard that come up. Kitty has one as well and has a pic on her web site. Well that maybe a place to start. Kitty’s pic seemed narrower which might help in my case. Trying to shuffle the thing in when sitting at the table is one issue then just being able to move it to get the table out. I have a clear vinyl carpet cover (the kind with no bumps on the bottom) to protect the first 6” of carpet and I have to actually pick up the entire chair to not goof up the vinyl. The sort of pronged feet of the rocker cause some of the issue.

It’s like maybe casters on the bottom might even help. I have to strap it in for travel anyway. You can see here my issue.

How does you hubby deal with this thing?

See pics. Rug protector.

Here is how I fasten the one end from going all over.

Here you can see the indent from the chair feet. This pic was originally to show the table leaf. The chair will not budge or slide. Have to pic up.

Here I did raise the rocker a 2 x 4 thickness so I could use it better in height to eat at the table.

Any hints you have or anyone else, gladly appreciated.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:47 AM   #22

SUN #230
sewfancy
Hi Kitty,

I saw a picture of your chair on your website and really like the looks of it. We live in a small college town and don't have a Big Lots, but there's one about an hour's drive from here. I'll check it out the next time we're nearby.

Patricia

Old 04-27-2007, 04:54 AM   #23

SUN #230
sewfancy
John,

I can see how the vinyl runner would make it difficult to move the chair around and be really frustrating. Our chair is just on the carpet, so isn't really hard to maneuver. So far, my husband is fairly comfortable. Having the ottoman made all the difference for him. The height of the chair seat is no problem for him. He's tall and has a long torso, so he has no trouble being at a comfortable height to eat at the table. I've been trying to add some pictures to my photo album which includes a picture of the ottoman we bought at K-Mart, but I'm having trouble adding the pictures.

Patricia
Old 04-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #24

SUN #115
emam
I agree with Hutch and the others. You need to do some serious thinking on what type of traveling you'll be doing? My wife and I chose the 2499 with no slides because we would be moving alot and traveling non-stop.

If you only move the camper up north and leave it for a few months, then the slides might be the better choice. When we were doing our research for our journey, every one we talked to told us to stay away from slide if we were going to be moving non-stop. The seals would wear out quick and we would run into maintanence problems quick.

With fuel prices reaching an all time high this summer, I think moving down to a smaller sized coach will pay for itself in no time if you do a lot of traveling. I spoke with Wade who is the General Manager over at General RV in Michigan, and he said they've had a record spring with 40 RV's sold this past month and they took 66 down payments on other units! Most of them were smaller coaches to keep the weight down. SO I think that is the new trend.

Sitting in campgrounds these days, if you dont have multiple slides, you tend to be the outcast, but in a few years time, when I havent had any maintenance costs to speak of, I'll be happy to be the outcast.

Besides, the smaller space will re-ignite the passion with you and the hubby Go out and buy a $100 screened in tent, and spend some time outside and think of all the money you've saved in the long run.

Happy Camping

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #25

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Pat,

I haven't been over to General in a while, but I am on their site daily to look at the Sunline's they have. They have a column on the left with "specials", some of which are knocked down quite a bit. One Class A DP (It was Newmar, don't remember the model though) caught my eye because its' MSRP was a little over $300k, but the sale price was a little over $200k, with a savings of about $97k.

Jon

P.S. Gas is up to $2.999 for regular here. I don't know about diesel because the one station I pass by every day has it but only advertises for regular unleaded.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #26

SUN #728
buck
just my 2 cents...the slide models are higher off of the ground which might make it more difficult getting in and out.

2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
04 Dodge 3500 Cummins, 6spd, 8' box
buck is offline   Reply With Quote