Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #1

SUN #172
luckyva
Roof Maintenance

I would appreciate and advice on taking care of the roof of my T-2363. Looking at the owners manual for the camper yestrerday, I saw that the material I was given on the roof said to clean it four times a year. Since this is my first camper with a rubber roof, I thought I would see what you folks think.

Thank you.

luckyva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Paul,

I clean our once maybe twice a year.

I clean it when I'm dewinterizing it and then maybe once during the season or when I'm winterizing it.

When I clean it I also check all the seals on sides and around vents, etc. to make sure they're ok.

I use either a roof cleaner or mild water-soap mixture. I also use a bleach-water mixture sometimes to try to clean the spots.

I’m sure you’re going to get a lot of variations on how and the number of times people clean their roofs.

A lot depends on your geographical location, where you camp, where the trailer is stored, etc. with how dirty your roof gets and the amount of times you should clean it.

Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #3

SUN #115
emam
Hey Paul, we're getting pretty close to our one year mark, and we've cleaned ours three times.

The way I figure it is, as long as you keep an eye on it, and check the seals like Hutch says, you should be fine. I tend to watch and every time it starts to get that grey dingy look to it, I crawl up there with a sponge and some Thetford Roof Cleaner and wash it clean. So far we havent had any Black Streaks to complain about and it's been pretty easy to scrub off.

I've seen a few campers that look like they've neglected their roofs, and I can only imagine how long of a job that would be. As long as you stay on top of it (Pun Intended) you should be fine. It all just depends on how you use it and how you store it.

Good luck
Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #4

SUN #172
luckyva
Thank you Hutch and Pat. I haven't really looked at my roof since I got the camper in early Spring, so I have been stalling on getting up to have a look around.

While it is stored in the shade and I have not seen any streaking, I keeping thinking it is time to get out there and give it a good look.

Thanks, again.
luckyva is offline   Reply With Quote