Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #1

SUN #50
edzius
Roof & Snow Loads

Living in Western NY; winter is almost upon us. My wife and I are getting our list together to order a new T-1950 for the spring. Last week's 20" wet snow fall got us thinking though if the standard rubber roof with liner would hold up to such a snow load. I know our present trailer with aluminum roof over plywood had no issues. Does any one have any experience with heavy snows on the standard rubber roof?

It is really getting me thinking about making sure the new T1950 has the same aluminum over plywood or at least rubber over plywood.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #2

SUN #62
rich2500
with the snow being a concern you should definately get the new camper with the optional walk on roof,ours does not have the walk on roof and when we get a heavy snowfall I clean the roof off.

01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:12 AM   #3

SUN #21
donreitz
Our T-2499 lives in northeastern Indiana. I"m sure we don't get the heavy snows you get, but we are exposed to "lake effect" storms that are serious enough. Aside from brushing snow off occasionally, we've never done anythng special for our rubber roof and it remains watertight. This was true for our other units as well. Of course common sense applies here: if you get a big storm that deposits a couple feet of snow on the roof, you'd want to get all that weight off as soon as possible. Otherwise, my experience suggests there's not much you have to do for snow as long as your keep the roof well-maintained.

I've heard where some folks will seal off the roof units of the AC. I don't do this, but it sounds like a good idea. Does anyone do that and how is it done?
Don
donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:19 AM   #4

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
I would also be one to recommend the full 1/2" plywood roof option. We just took delivery of our new T-2499, and that was one of the absolute needs we had also. FYI that option on our 2499 was priced at $880 from Sunline and includes the roof rack and ladder as a package. Obviously you will be able to get the option prices to look better through your dealer when you negotiate the package. Good luck.

GoodoleBob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote