Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #1

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Question for the 2499 owners out there

DH & I are thinking of taking a 12 hour trip to go look at either a 2005 T3075 or a 2006 T2499.

With your 2499 - do you have a problem with the kitchen slider/cabinet? Does everything stay in place....have you had any issues with the metal rack not holding the canned goods in place?

Let me know your feelings...we will most likely be leaving very early on Saturday morning!

UPDATE: Unfortunately we'll have to postpone our outing till next weekend, just found out that two friends fathers passed away yesterday, so we want to be here with them.....

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #2

SUN #21
donreitz
The slide-out pantry was one of the selling points for us. It's a huge space saver and a very convenient way to store food and supplies. Our only problem: the welds on the wire baskets aren't the strongest and we've had to replace a couple of them. I have to admit we travel some pretty rough roads, so items in the pantry get shaken pretty severely. We're probably asking more of the welds than they're designed to handle. In any case, it's a good idea to not overload the baskets or put heavy items in them, especially if you'll be bouncing around as you travel.

The only other thing that has bothered us is the stove top cover (an optional item). It doesn't want to stay up if the unit is even slightly tilted toward the door.

Other than these things, our 2499 has been a blast. We wouldn't trade it for anything. Depending on how things go with Sunline, we might have a collectors' item.

Hope this helps.
Don

donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #3

SUN #115
emam
We've only had our 2499 for a few months now and logged a few trips back and forth up north to shake out the kinks. So far we have had the slide out cabinet loaded on all three of the trips and havent had one problem with it.

I wouldnt worry about the slide out cabinet unless you plan on traveling roads like you'll see in Baja or Alaska. Michigan roads are some of the worst in the nation and ours rides just fine. We did go for the upgrade and get the A-Arm suspension which I've already thanked myself for. I've towed a few others and this one bounces quite a bit less and tow's like a dream.

If you can talk them down in price to offset the fact that you wont have a warranty, I'd jump on it. Lucky for us, General RV in Michigan has said they will honor any Sunline warranties that were bought before the company closed its doors! They're a very large dealer and can offer things like that, but they still said they would offer a one year warranty on Sunlines because they feel Sunlines are so over-built, they wont have to worry too much

Good luck and sorry to hear about your friends loss

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:42 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Leo and Kathy

If you are referring to the pull out pantry next to the fridge with the metal baskets... that feature once you have it, you can't live without.

The DW has it loaded to the gills with compartments for everything organized. Just slide it out and "you" can see everything “you” are looking for. As opposed to the normal cabinet where you dig and dig and dig and dig some more for that 1 item in the back.

I must admit the spot welds used by those who makes them for Sunline are not the greatest. I have cracked a few and since then I have put a nylon cable tie wrap at each corner to span the weld area and no have no more issues since. That was 2 years ago now.

I also redid the hinges on the door so it will open a full 100 ish degrees. It use to be made to sort of snap close. I do not know if it was intended to snap close or not, but I made it go the full open and stay there. More convenient. It as all in the mounting of the hinges.

Only bad issues I had was we forgot to lock it closed "once". Noting broke, but a few things fell out as it was hanging out when we arrived at camp. Now we check every time that it is locked. This is not as bad as driving off with the TV antenna up but a close runner up.

You will have no issues with the sliding pantry.

Good luck in your decision.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote