Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 AM   #21

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a difficult quest. My wife and I started looking for a bigger trailer two years ago and saw a Sunline at the beginning. We were most impressed and we've seen most every manufacturer and model since. We found we were comparing each to the Sunline for quality and value. The Sunline cost a little more but the quality was worth the cost. We finally decided that we found the one we wanted a long time ago and it just took two years to decide. We found a new 2006 and hauled her home. Your answer: there is none without going to the high end such as the Airstream.

2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #22

SUN #115
emam
Thanks for the cudo's on the website and our adventure. I guess what is most important over any model of trailer and what you're towing it with, is the attitude of the people in it.

Luckily for Cindy and I, we get along great and are very easy going. There have been a few times that I think if it wasnt for our relaxed attitude and easy-go-lucky way of thinking, we would have strangled each other.

Having the Cadilliac of Trailers I'm sure has helped because we havent had to have the stress of the normal problems while on the road, but if there is one piece of advice I could give to anyone thinking about Full-Timing or any trip for that matter, it would be a Good Attitude!!

Every day isnt going to be an adventure, there are plenty of days that absolutly nothing happens and the entire day is spent driving or just waiting out bad weather, but a good attitude will make any situation become a little adventure. That and a few bottles of good wine

Just yesterday when we were trying to find a place to get the tire fixed and a part for our sway bar set-up, Cindy asked why I had to keep checking all these little RV places knowing they werent going to have it? I said because I get bored with just driving, I'm making my own little adventure and meeting nice people while doing it. Because no one had this part, we found a little machine shop on the end of a dirt road and sat in his parking lot in the afternoon sun for 2 hours while his son made the part for us from scratch. He introduced us to his 5 dogs, 14 cats, 2 horses and told us his life story. When it came time to pay for the part made from scratch, I asked him how much I owed him, and he said 'Hell, give me $15 and have a safe trip"

I gave him $30 and couldnt have thanked him enough.

Attitude is what makes a boring day become a fun little journey.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #23

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
My wife and I started looking at new trailers about two years ago. We saw a Sunline early in the search and found that we were comparing everything we looked at to the Sunline. After all the pressboard and staples we saw just about every major manufacturer and their different models and it took two years to realize that Sunline was the best quality. Answer to the question: There is no other with the same quality other than high end Airstreams for big dollars.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #24

SUN #115
emam
Hey Pamwin, the model of the Thetford Throne is a Aquamagic Plus. I think they only have one model, but the big difference was it has an all porcelain bowl and was a few inches taller.

Really I never noticed the first one was that short till we got the new one, and then you realize how small the stock ones are. That and the upkeep with the all procelain bowl is so easy. If you get a scratch in the plastic bowl, forget ever cleaning it.

That would be a great present for a Guy on Fathers Day! A new Porcelain Throne from Thetford!!! I know I'd be happy!!

Good Luck
Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #25

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Pam,

For comparison, we have a SeaLand Traveler Lite toilet in ours, also with a china bowl and comes in a standard and low profile. Not sure if the standard height compares to the Thetford.

The Thetford Aqua-Magic V comes in High and Low versions.

Using Camping World as a price check, Thetford's about $30 less than the SeaLand:
SeaLand Traveler Lite
Thetford Aqua-Magic V

Now there's a story for the grandkids "I remember when I got a craper for Father's Day"

Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #26

SUN #114
pamwinn
Might seem strange but I got him a sweing machine for xmas one year...that one didn't work out too well but he had mentioned he'sd like to know how to use one and I certainly would like for him to know how to use one, since i don't. He needs a toilet with a long bowl...ours is the standard sunline porcelain model but the short bowl can create problems for men so I hear.

I think the height would also help as he mentioned installing a grab bar
Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #27

SUN #115
emam
We think alike, as I bought Cindy a Benilli Shot Gun for Christmas one year and a custom AR-15 the next I think we just buy the presents we really want for ourselves and give them to each other...LOL

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #28

SUN #114
pamwinn
I got a self proprelled lawm mower for my anniversary about 20 years ago. We were given yard of the month afterwards. That will never happen again.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #29

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emam
Hey Pamwin, the model of the Thetford Throne is a Aquamagic Plus. I think they only have one model, but the big difference was it has an all porcelain bowl and was a few inches taller.

Really I never noticed the first one was that short till we got the new one, and then you realize how small the stock ones are. That and the upkeep with the all procelain bowl is so easy. If you get a scratch in the plastic bowl, forget ever cleaning it.

That would be a great present for a Guy on Fathers Day! A new Porcelain Throne from Thetford!!! I know I'd be happy!!

Good Luck
Pat
Eman

Did your 2007 T2499 come with a plastic toliet as standard????

In 2004 the T2499 came standard with the porcelain china Sealand toilet and it is high as the one in the house.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #30

SUN #115
emam
I think it came with the low Sealand model, but to be honest, I dont remember if it was china or not? We only had it for a few weeks when we got the Thetford one.

I just know that the Thetford one was alot taller and felt more like a standard house model. It also has a little bit of a larger bowl so is more comfortable to sit on. The standard model we had was very small & round, and sort of felt like squatting on one of those little porta-potties?

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com