Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
vcrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 789
SUN #37
vcrt
Prices for Sunline Solaris in 1992?

This is one I'll bet Jon knows;
How much did my 1992 T2470 sell for when new?
I was asked this question by my insurance agent, she may be able to get the info she needs, but if you know, I'll pass it on to her.
Thanks,
Rich
__________________

__________________
1992 T-2470 (now residing in South Carolina)
Current Sunline-2007 Solaris 2499
2018 Silverado 1500 w/Max Trailering pkg.
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,977
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Rich,

$12,975 would have been the original base MSRP. It looks like yours originally had the AC unit, interior oak package, Goldstar .6 cu. ft. Microwave, Range top cover, deluxe window shades, deluxe taillights, and the ABS LP bottle cover all as added options from the factory It could also have an LP leak detector, bathroom door towel rack, power roof vent (small fan in the bathroom), and a built-in AM/FM/Cassette radio, but I can't see in the pics of your coach.

Those options would have easily put it over $13,000, possibly over 14. Unfortunately, I don't have price sheets to put values on all of those options.

Oh, the oak kit. I see the handrail and cutting board on your sink, but I don't see the other parts (magazine rack & paper towel holder/spice rack). Since these items were always shipped loose (except the handrail), it is common to see them go missing. I'm guilty too, I've got a spice rack sitting in my closet...

Hope this helps,
Jon
__________________

__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9467.8 (as of 5/26/19)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
vcrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 789
SUN #37
vcrt
Jon, you're a walking, talking Sunline encyclopedia! You got it almost to a tee, I do have the magazine rack, paper towel holder and spice rack in the trailer, but I've never seen any place where a radio might have been. Anyway, you nailed it down, I'll call the ins. agent tomorrow.
Thanks!
Rich
__________________
1992 T-2470 (now residing in South Carolina)
Current Sunline-2007 Solaris 2499
2018 Silverado 1500 w/Max Trailering pkg.
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,917
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
OK Jon, How did you pull that one off??? Do you have this same feature on other models even newer then Rich's?

Thanks
__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR, 2004 T1950, 2004 T2475, 2007 T2499
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,977
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
OK Jon, How did you pull that one off??? Do you have this same feature on other models even newer then Rich's?

Thanks
John,

Yours originally listed for $31,882 base price.

Options Included (? indicates I'm not sure if you have it):
- POG (Preferred Options Group)- I think this was a forced option as the features are listed as standard, like the awning, etc.
- Free Standing Dinette with four chairs
- Sealed burner range (?)
- Deluxe Hinged LP cover
- Winterizing Kit
- Under bed storage kit (?)
- Sealed Burner Range
- Spare Tire Kit
- Satellite Dish Pre-Wire (?)
- 15,000 BTU AC ILO 13,500 (?)

I have the ability to go back to 1977, but I won't be able to do much more than a base MSRP for anything older than about 1985.

Jon
__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9467.8 (as of 5/26/19)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,917
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
John,

Yours originally listed for $31,882 base price.

Options Included (? indicates I'm not sure if you have it):

- POG (Preferred Options Group)- I think this was a forced option as the features are listed as standard, like the awning, etc. Yes
- Free Standing Dinette with four chairs Yes
- Sealed burner range (?) Yes
- Deluxe Hinged LP cover Yes
- Winterizing Kit Yes, well the bypass but not the pick stuff suction hose
- Under bed storage kit (?) H'mm see below
- Sealed Burner Range Yes
- Spare Tire Kit Yes
- Satellite Dish Pre-Wire (?) Ah maybe not
- 15,000 BTU AC ILO 13,500 (?) Yes, thank goodness

I have the ability to go back to 1977, but I won't be able to do much more than a base MSRP for anything older than about 1985.

Jon
Jon

Cool, Yup you almost nailed it. The Bal stablizers where an option still in 2004 as the T2499 had them as an option on the original sticker.

The POG, I think 2004 was the time frame that those items started falling into standard equipment for the Solaris line.

H'mm OK what is the under the bed storage kit? Is that the black plastic pull out draw in the front cargo hole? I thought that was an option.

And I have the enclosed tanks option that I did not even know was an option...

Pre wired satellite, h'mm well I do have a cable jack out side near the shore line cord but I thought that was just cable TV. Is there suppose to be a 2nd one just for satellite? I think, I know, the Wineguard wall adapter only has the 1 TV plug and the satellite adapter has a 2nd one inside so I may not have that.

And yes I have the larger AC unit. On this longer camper with all the windows I'm sure glad I do.

Thanks again

John
__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR, 2004 T1950, 2004 T2475, 2007 T2499
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,977
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Cool, Yup you almost nailed it. The Bal stablizers where an option still in 2004 as the T2499 had them as an option on the original sticker.
Indeed it was an option for the 2499, but the brochure states that the jacks were standard on SR models. Does your white sheet in your book show the jacks in the option area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
The POG, I think 2004 was the time frame that those items started falling into standard equipment for the Solaris line.
It could be, I think they just kept calling it the POG then, I may be wrong though. I was thinking it was like the Jayco Customer Value Package, every unit gets it regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
H'mm OK what is the under the bed storage kit? Is that the black plastic pull out draw in the front cargo hole? I thought that was an option.
Good question... No, the brochure lists the pull out drawer as something else. Both are options though. I think this is dividers and drawers under the interior bed area. The brochure indicates it's already standard on most models, so I'm not sure of the ones it isn't on. Considering most units I see pictures of never have the bed lifted, I can't help you of what else it could be. As it is, I can't think I've seen a pull out drawer in the front cabinet, though I may have and just thought it was custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Pre wired satellite, h'mm well I do have a cable jack out side near the shore line cord but I thought that was just cable TV. Is there suppose to be a 2nd one just for satellite? I think, I know, the Wineguard wall adapter only has the 1 TV plug and the satellite adapter has a 2nd one inside so I may not have that.
I'm not sure what all is involved with the Sat Dish pre-wire. My 270SR had it, but it wasn't much. I'm not sure if it evolved beyond that though. It looked like the standard Winegard plate with the 12V plug, cable connection, and booster switch. Then the Sat Dish pre-wire involved two stickers, one on the wall right there and one on the dinette window, indicating Winegard Satellite dish pre-wire. There was only one cable hookup on the ODS though. This may have been somebody pulling something though...after all, I do have the exterior speakers and extra outlet/switch/cable TV hookup on my 286 but don't have the grill as part of the patio party pack.

Jon
__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9467.8 (as of 5/26/19)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,917
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Indeed it was an option for the 2499, but the brochure states that the jacks were standard on SR models. Does your white sheet in your book show the jacks in the option area?
H'mm OK learned something new. Did not know the Bal jacks where std on the SR's. Now to the white sheet....errrrr it does not exist on the T310SR. Some one yanked it before I ever got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Good question... No, the brochure lists the pull out drawer as something else. Both are options though. I think this is dividers and drawers under the interior bed area. The brochure indicates it's already standard on most models, so I'm not sure of the ones it isn't on. Considering most units I see pictures of never have the bed lifted, I can't help you of what else it could be. As it is, I can't think I've seen a pull out drawer in the front cabinet, though I may have and just thought it was custom.
Well, under the bed. Both the T2499 and the T310SR in 2004 had the same under the bed. 2, nice draws, one from each side of the bed. When you lifted the bed, you say the 2 draws but there was no divider. There was all open in that hole other then the draws them selves. That is a custom mod forth coming on mine, is under the bed. A large waste of room.

Yes the black pull out plastic drawer in the front cargo hole was an option as I saw it somewhere in the Sunline brochures. Just cannot remember which one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
I'm not sure what all is involved with the Sat Dish pre-wire. My 270SR had it, but it wasn't much. I'm not sure if it evolved beyond that though. It looked like the standard Winegard plate with the 12V plug, cable connection, and booster switch. Then the Sat Dish pre-wire involved two stickers, one on the wall right there and one on the dinette window, indicating Winegard Satellite dish pre-wire. There was only one cable hookup on the ODS though. This may have been somebody pulling something though...after all, I do have the exterior speakers and extra outlet/switch/cable TV hookup on my 286 but don't have the grill as part of the patio party pack.

Jon
Well mine then for sure does not have satellite per wire. I replaced a Wingard wall amp once in a trouble shooting fiasco and researching the Wineguard stuff, the Satellite coax plug is just a straight thru jack under the normal cable. Winegurad changed there web site around and I can't find the techy stuff on all the wall amps like I use to. So I can't link it here for you

John
__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR, 2004 T1950, 2004 T2475, 2007 T2499
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,977
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Well, under the bed. Both the T2499 and the T310SR in 2004 had the same under the bed. 2, nice draws, one from each side of the bed. When you lifted the bed, you say the 2 draws but there was no divider. There was all open in that hole other then the draws them selves. That is a custom mod forth coming on mine, is under the bed. A large waste of room.
I was thinking of just a general divider between the drawer area and the outside storage compartment. So basically a couple cleats with some lauan or plywood to divide. I seem to remember a coach one time that had drawers on one side and a divider in the center so that stuff didn't fall around the drawers to prevent them from operating correctly.

I know this under-bed kit couldn't have amounted to much because they had a storage kit for a wardrobe closet in the late '90s (my 270SR had it), and it just involved half of the full height wardrobe cabinet having three simple wood drawers with a carpeted top appear when the door is opened to the closet.

Jon
__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9467.8 (as of 5/26/19)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,917
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
I was thinking of just a general divider between the drawer area and the outside storage compartment. So basically a couple cleats with some lauan or plywood to divide. I seem to remember a coach one time that had drawers on one side and a divider in the center so that stuff didn't fall around the drawers to prevent them from operating correctly.

Jon
OH, well YES! Both the T2499 and the T310 have a full length piece of OSB board the entire length of the front cargo hole. So cargo hole and under the bed are 2 totally different compartments. And I'm glad they are that way.
__________________

__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR, 2004 T1950, 2004 T2475, 2007 T2499
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1992 Sunline Solaris T-2763 wayne troxel Sunlines For Sale 0 12-07-2010 08:41 PM
hELP WITH A 1992 15' Sunline rencast Repairs and Maintenance 2 11-16-2010 06:14 PM
1992 24' Sunline Solaris T-2490 Rebuild Pics Rich Nagel Repairs and Maintenance 0 06-17-2008 08:15 PM
Our "New" 1992 Solaris vcrt Sunline Community 10 08-02-2007 10:24 AM
Sunline Prices kanyonkitty Sunline Community 6 03-26-2007 06:16 AM



Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sunline RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 AM.