Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #21

SUN #953
Ron & Alice
Spectacular scenery Norm. I am hoping that one summer Ron & I can spend the whole season in Nfld & Lab.

Ron & Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #22

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ron and Alice,

We plan at least one more major trip to Newfoundland and Labrador now that the third phase of the Trans Labrador Highway was open this December, eliminating the 13 hour ferry ride.

Newfoundland is special, unlike all our states except for possibly Alaska.

No matter how many times we've gone there always seems to be more to experience.

Safe travels south,

Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #23

SUN #115
emam
We just had a couple check in that is from Ottowa in their little VW Westfalia Eurocamper.

I've been talking to them for the last few hours about traveling through Labradore and Newfoundland. Then Norm's pictures get posted.

I'm thinking now that we're on the East Coast, this will have to be our next big adventure for the Sunline

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #24

SUN #953
Ron & Alice
Pat & Cindy,
You will not be disappointed in Nfld & Lab., but be prepared at how big the province really is. And it is one big rock! Absolutely stunning & breath-taking. If you are lucky, you might get to see when the icebergs come in. And since you are all prepared for boondocking, you will be all set. Wherever you want to park, park! (outside the cities) You will quite often see trailers, RVs, etc. off in some cove, until your neighbour comes along.

And of course, on the way there, you can stop in here...we're on the way.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #25

SUN #115
emam
From what we've heard talking with the locals here in Cedar Key, August and Spetember are the slowest months of the year, so most of them take their vacations those two months.

Maybe we can plan a month long trip up north during that slow time.

I'm excited because we just ordered a Air-X 400 watt wind turbine and we're having a company out of California make us a custom air-acuated lift that will be mounted to the back bumper.

It's something I've been disigning on bar napkins for a few years now and I had the chance to sit down with a very talented Aluminum Fabricator while in California. We're going to use mine as a test subject to see how it will hold up to non-stop abuse.

Cindy and I are supposed to be giving a seminar on Overland Travel in April in Tucson and that's where we'll debut it.

As soon as I get it (Mid-January), I'll sneak a few pictures in here to show you all.

I'm thinking the Great White North would have some nice winds to keep us powered up the entire trip and living like a couple of bums for free from Mother Nature.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #26

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would ditto that 'the rock' is a lot bigger than we imagined. We originally planned to visit the entire island on our first 12 day trip to Newfoundland one September. Oops! We ended up seeing a small portion of the west coast of Newfoundland. We soon realized that any visit should include the spring, just for the wonder of their icebergs.

The geology of Newfoundland is special. The eastern portion of Newfoundland was once part of Europe. There are places where you can stand and see the connection, just amazing, never mind the fact that the two continents collided at one time.

Gros Morne, their huge west coast provencial park is really worth weeks of time, just an overwhelming amount to see, with much of it unique geologically.

Every where you turn theirs a trail to walk, I obviously just love it and than on top of this there's Labrador and of course the road out of Labrador takes you through rural Quebec.

If you liked the Yukon, Labrador is a level of rural beyond that.

Safe travels to all,
Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #27

SUN #587
webzine
My wife Marie and me Normand (Webzine)
We live in Châteauguay, Québec (10 miles from Montréal).

Happy holidays to you all and a big thank you to all those who take their time to help others.

It is reassuring to see people helping each other just for the pleasure of helping. Internet is a great place for people of good will

Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #28

SUN #953
Ron & Alice
Welcome Webzine,
I know exactly where Chateauguay is. We used to live in DDO, Pierrefonds, Pointe Claire, Ile Perrot, etc.

Hugs from NB, thanks for the photo.
Alice
Old 01-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #29

SUN #587
webzine
To Ron & Alice

DDO is just minutes from home when there is no traffic

As you stay in New Brunswick we slept once at Riverside (Iroquois) RV Park in Saint-Basile near Edmundston, very nice place. We were on our way to Prince Edward Island (Cabot Beach Provincial Park).

This year we plan to go a few days at Val-Comeau camping in Val-Comeau, NB., then Caraquet, Bathurst, Campbelton and Rimouski where we have family.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #30

SUN #953
Ron & Alice
Ok everybody, where are the rest of you??? Hmmm?