Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-07-2018, 07:03 AM   #1

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Paneling

Hey gang, does anybody know where (in my area, western mass), that I can get some replacement paneling for the bedroom closet. Must have been a leak of some sort because the paneling is all wrinkled. Thanks

Dave

Old 09-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #2

SUN #6579
Paneling

Anyone!

Old 09-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Only thing I can say is make it yours I kind of doubt you will have much luck finding a perfect match.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #4

SUN #6579
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
Only thing I can say is make it yours I kind of doubt you will have much luck finding a perfect match.
I'm just looking for suggestions from others who have done repairs like this.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #5

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought replacement wallboard from Home Depot. I found some that was close to what was there originally. Not an exact match but close enough for me.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Finding the same original wall board has not been easy. Often not doable. I have some for my year camper (2004) but I acquired it from a damaged camper someone was selling for parts years ago. I have not run into anyone yet who has found a supply of original wall board.

However I am rebuilding our T1950 (Project camper no. 1). The entire back wall and some of the siding wall inside is gone. The plan is to buy 1/8" luan plywood and then use commercial grade wallpaper (ideally vinyl paper in our case) and match it as best we can. I may have to redo a good wall with the new pattern just so it all matches.

Others here on the forum have gone the commercial wallpaper route too.

See this post by SEP http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...tml#post137288

And this one by SEP http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...tml#post136175

Hope this helps

John

PS. if you do find a source, please post what you found as this is a problem to get. I'm hoping someone can find a source that exists.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #7

SUN #6579
Thanks, I'm off to Home Depot to see what I can get that's close to original. Won't be doing this till spring as, my camper is now in storage.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #8

SUN #2543
TomK is an unknown quantity at this point
Before you replace or install new paneling, make sure of what may be behind the wall it mounts to you put new panel up where there is a leak in the wall it will come back and wrinkle your new panel. So go deeper find the source of moisture / water. with putting paneling up you can cut some holes in the original wall behind the paneling and when you replace the panel you wont see it maybe do like a 8 x 8 opening then with a flexible cable inspection camera, put it in the holes and look around. You will prob see rotted wood. I found a soft spot on the floor coming in my front door on my 2002 sunny T-2053 Solaris. I havent gotten to that but took trailer out for Fathers day weekend and both bottom awning connectors came out / off so good ol nylon tie straps / zip ties got them held up got home. Did some looking and bad rot on my floor wall plates. So next step is when can set time aside to take off the siding from the bottom so I can see whats going on. I've only had trailer 3 yrs guess why the dealer was really talking up its such a good deal, it was very lightly used inside. when it was in to be final prep for me to pick up dealer had their shop reseal / caulk top also , and said the dealership owner saw it in the shop and said to raise the price to near 7,000.oo and my sales guy told him he already had a contract on it and customer was picking it up next morning. Well guess that was the "cement" on the sale with telling me the owner wanted to raise price so Tom you really got a great deal !!! note to self.... Lesson learned. So please dont just do surface repairs, find the problem then do repairs.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:45 AM   #9

SUN #6579
Paneling

Thanks Tom. Great reply and I appreciate the help. Going to tear into it in the spring. Can't get to it now as, it's in storage.

Dave