Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, Lets get Posting !!!!

I'm home and reading posts about Sunline help pass the time, lately posting action in the group is really slow, SO, what's up, you people NEED to get to posting so I have something to read and think about.

So, now that I have told you I need Sunline stuff to read, I expect to see a "lotta posting gonin' on" so you don't let me get bored.

I have even resorted to reading the road atlas !!!!!!!!!

I started to remove a picture from the wall near the pantry that we did not like, so I can replace it, but Gary ended up doing it for me. Now my job will be finding a replacement that we like. Might just find a few pictures of Sunlines and put them in the frame.

OK, don't forget, post, post, POST so I have something to read.

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #2

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
So this is not the right place for it but I was just thinking about using wireless backup cameras for rearview mirrors. Mounting the camera outboard of the vehicle mirror. I just picked up another wireless camera at a yard sale for $10 so the price is right.

Nothing like the planning stages of any project. I've seen the cameras installed on motorhomes so it is not a new idea but making the wireless easily usable with mirrors that are removed might be a little more or a project.

These cameras might could be mounted on the TT itself instead of the vehicle mirrors. That way they would look around corners when turning. I can vision seeing the far, hidden, side of the camper when backing up. Then when Wifey is hollering at me to stop I could atleast see her waving her arms.

If not posting, always thinking.

Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #3

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363 View Post
..... Then when Wifey is hollering at me to stop I could atleast see her waving her arms. ....
I thought mine was the only one that did that.

PS - also great for "lights check" when she stands where I can't see her in the mirrors.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #4

SUN #1830
WE bought some of the FMS two-way radios. Thought they would be great and have sooooo many uses that the convenience would be worth the money. Not that it was a break the bank expense but more money than we wanted to throw away.

We could use them for camping, or course. While I sat in the driver's seat Wifey could walk around making sure everything was done for the checklist before hitting the road. Like, did she put the antenna down? Put the steps in? Is the electric cord unhooked and access doors closed? Simple things like that. Things that she would normally shout, "hey, did you put the antenna down?". After I said I can't remember she just started double checking on her own and I felt that if she was going to double check then why not cut out the middleman?

We could also use them for shopping. Those radios have miles so most campground stores would be within reach so if I needed anything extra I could simply press the button and remind her I forgot to tell her. Even when not camping we could use them for doing yard sales, shopping WallyWerld or any place that we were out of sight.

Then the reality of it all hit us. Family Radio Service Two-Way Radios only worked under certain conditions. First, someone had to make sure the damned things were always charged and that had to be while we were sleeping since we had so many uses for them while awake. Second, was that the volume button had to be turned up loud enough for Wifey to hear me when I reminded her of things she had forgotten. Not a problem for her since she enjoyed the peace and quiet while concentrating on her assigned tasks "but" it was frustrating when I had to walk all over WallyWerld hunting her to demand she turn the volume up so she could hear me. And last, there was the learning curve, that still is a work in progress, for her pressing the talk button. Her standing behind the camper, holding the radio to her face and shouting "STOP, STOP" did absolutely no good unless she pressed the talk button, I had my volume turned up, we were on the same channel.

It was a wonderful invention of modern technology that is now resting on the shelf by the backdoor in a charger that eats $5 worth of electricity but is never used. Neither of us has said anything about these radios and the lack of use or the waste of money because I don't want to make her any madder than she already gets when I mention how small kids can use them but she can't or her walking away so she doesn't kill me for buying them in the first place. Such is the simple sacrifices made in the camping world by long time married couples.

Maybe I should just resell these backup cameras.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #5

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363
..... Then when Wifey is hollering at me to stop I could atleast see her waving her arms. ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I thought mine was the only one that did that.

PS - also great for "lights check" when she stands where I can't see her in the mirrors.

It's not just the women who hide. I do all of the towing and backing. DH will walk up to my window and say "Why did you stop?" I tell him "If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you. Get out from behind the camper before you get run over!"
clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #6

SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless campers View Post
I do all of the towing and backing. DH will walk up to my window and say "Why did you stop?" I tell him "If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you. Get out from behind the camper before you get run over!"
I do the towing and backing but Penny does the driving when we hook up. I give her hand signals: fingers together and up = come straight back. Hand with palm toward the camper, fingers opening and closing touching thumb = come back small. Clenched fist = stop. If she needs to move the ball right or left, I give the stop signal, walk to the driver's window, tell her which way to cut the wheels and how much, then we move again. We never change directions while the truck is moving. This takes a bit longer but we nail it the first time, every time.

Teach
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
We use the two way radios for backing into our driveway. The coach resting spot is pretty hard to achieve with all the stuff in the way (Church, neighbors fence, mailbox, telephone pole, my fence, shed, etc...) and the whole "blind side" backing off of Main Street and all. Not to mention the approx 52' length of the rig. Anyway, Mandy has an issue with allowing for transmitting and response time. I usually get the "STOP, STOP"!!! About 1.5' from the object, which is why I had to replace our mail box last Fall.
2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #8

SUN #1830
You didn't put the mailbox back in the same spot did you?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep. I had to. I did set it back a little closer to the phone pole, but the mail lady left me a nasty little note. I'm sot sure how 1' made a big difference, but I learned long ago not to argue with a woman.
2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #10

SUN #1830
A smart move on your part. There are numbers for installing mailboxes. http://www.cityoflakeforest.com/pdf/pw/mailbox.pdf

our carrier got mad because a neighbor moved her box out of the group of four that it was in and placed it so she could get her mail from the car without backing up to go in her driveway. Box is back where it was. She didn't want to argue with a woman either.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #11

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Kitty,
Barbara and I were thinking of you guys last night as we got off I-81 at exit 5 and saw the sign for Gerrardstown. We were heading to Inwood to look at an engine for my old Chevy, which I ended up not buying. Hope your doing well.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #12

SUN #96
rebellious78
Kitty,

Now I am feeling a tad bit better I will start posting more. I haven't been online much...but hope to get caught up here on the forum. I missed alot!

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote